Graham Norton

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by WolfeWhistle, Nov 19, 2007.

1. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Since there are quite a few international members here, I thought I'd see who watches Graham Norton. We get BBC America at my house, so I started watching his talk show, and I think he's hilarious! I love the practical jokes he does, and even though he's sort of vulgar, I love watching his show...
    :)

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask: Anyone else here who likes him? Is he pretty popular in Europe?

2. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Yeaah, he's very popular over here in the UK. I used to watch him on Father Ted, and his own show too, but I havent seen that in ages. He is pretty awesome. ^_^

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

He is maniac :lol: I try to remember to watch it whenever I can and he is just insane. :lol: Such a funny guy!

I was amazed that he was the host of the virst Eurovision Dance Contest :eek:

4. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

Yeah, he's crazy. I can't believe some of the things he's done on his show...stuff you'd NEVER see American hosts doing.
    Good stuff...
    ;)

5. shady

shady Hit and Run

you can get away with far more on UK tv than on US tv! You should see the faces of some US stars on UK chat shows when they hear and see certain things!!!! :eek: :eek: Graham Norton is fab, one of my fave chatshow hosts.

6. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

That's definitely true. They don't bleep out much when it's shown over here, which makes it even funnier.
    I also remember watching Big Brother in my hotel room in London last summer, and they didn't censor hardly anything.
    U.S. hosts will do comedy bits and funny segments with regular people (like Jay Leno's Jaywalking segments, if anyone has seen his show), but I have never seen a host make a prank call to another country or a psychic (just to name a few). It's a nice change of pace.

I thought I'd pick a video to share, too:
    Not the most outrageous thing he's done, but it's still pretty funny...

7. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

Ooh, I love Graham Norton's show! I always watch it; he's such a funny guy! My mum told me that one time, about twenty years ago, she say him in Orkney, and she was staring at him, and he glared at her. Heh. I probably would've glared, too :)

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I think he's hilarious, I remember when I used to watch his channel 4 show when I was younger, my mother was appalled lol.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I love GN!!! He is hilarious :lol:

10. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Yeah, I used to live in England. British TV is WAY less uptight and restrained than American TV.

We get BBC America too, and have been watching Torchwood and Graham Norton pretty regularly! Graham's a laugh riot...Also waiting for the new series of Robin Hood to start...my hubby got totally hooked on it!!