Grade 'Who's There?'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Jan 13, 2012.

?

How would you grade Who's There?

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. A

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. B

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Alas, her speech at the end to Mac and the fact she was willing to let her daughter take the fall for a murder she committed will hurt her in a big way.

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I doubt it is Claire, but it could be Payton (ex-M.E.) or Aubrey (ER surgeon). They never gave us closure on whether he was still involved with Payton or Aubrey. It would also have been Reid, Claire's son. He did just disappear after the cabbie killer.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

If there is one thing that is 100% sure on the show, is that Claire is dead. I can't believe some people would actually come up with the idea that she isn't just because her body was never found. Reed didn't disappear, he was in 'Pot of Gold' in s6 as a fairly established independent news blogger and had a fairly significant part in that episode, and it's pretty clear in it that he and Mac stay in touch. As for Peyton and Aubrey, they are theoretical possibilities, but as characters they've pretty much been written out of the show and there's really nothing they can do with either of them. Peyton's off in London, and it was pretty clear in 'Point of View' that Mac and Aubrey weren't pursuing a relationship. No, it's someone we as viewers don't know yet, someone who clearly triggered a ton of memories and someone who up until that point he'd completely forgotten about.

4. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I suspect some folks are coming up with Claire as a possibility because it's exactly the kind of schlocky, melodramatic ridiculousness that a lot of network shows go for like dogs on a steak wagon, and CSI:NY is certainly not above wallowing in the mud. See the conclusion to the Shane Casey arc, Stella's James bond turn in Greece, and Flack's consequence-free murder of Simon Cade. Do I think it's Claire? No. At least I hope they wouldn't be so baldly crass, but it's not utterly beyond the realm of possibility.

I'm betting it's either a member of Claire's family, some bumgoblin claiming to have knowledge of Claire, or a crack-ass nutjob killer who will once again foolishly challenge Mighty Mac's Peen of Infallible Justice and come out on the short end.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

No, I really don't think they would have someone who would kill Mac cause they've already done episodes on that. I can't see it being a family member of Claire's because I'm not sure that you would still be in contact with your ex-brother in law or your sister's husband.

6. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

The show has recycled plotlines before. As you pointed out yourself, they've done multiple Mac-in-the-crosshairs-of-a killer arcs, and I'm sure they'd have zero compunction about doing it again. Mac is, after all, the Big Damn Hero of the show.

And it certainly could be a Claire relative. Grief does things to people, as Flack's rebuff of Angell's family after her death demonstrates. Maybe they withdrew, or irrationally blamed Mac for being able to save others in his duties as a cop but not her. I don't really want it to be a relative, because that would effectively flush the closure he so recently got by letting go of those unused theatre tickets, but this show isn't known for its consistency.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, they'd have a mass rebellion if it *was* her. It crossed my mind, but I'd expect it more from a fanfic than the actual show, especially after stuff we've had before. They'd really be shooting themselves to have her still be alive.

I have an IMDB account but rarely go unless I need to check a movie fact. It's like someone said on TV Tropes...a lot of those people live under bridges if you get my drift LOL

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Good to see Vincent Ventresca (I still miss "Invisible Man") again.

Anyone know the song that was playing during the first processing scene?

LOL at Danny and the magic trick.

Love Lindsay and Flack's banter.

Loved Jo and Lindsay making Mac a profile page and Jo saying "oh that one's cute" about one of his pics LOL.

The daughter... yep I had a feeling she was somehow involved. I figured she made the profile page though, but I guess the wife did. And I figured the guy would turn out to be her boyfriend. I knew though as soon as they said the vic was smothered that the wife did it.

I guess the profile page is how
    Mac is introduced to his new love interest? The look on his face said he recognized the person who sent him the message, so obviously the woman is someone from his past, which is what spoilers indicated.

Not a bad episode. I gave it a B.