Grade 'Summer in the City'

I was watching the season premier of WaT and cursing Anna Belknap, anyways back on subject.

I hope that there will be discussion cause, it would look pretty stupid just to go on with work like nothin ever happened. Although it would be kind of hard for Danny to do that. The look on his face when she left to go see Regina was priceless.
kaia

Yep, it was. There'll definitely be some discussion on the subject, I'm sure of it. They're losing one of their own, so how could they not address it?

Angie

I hope there will be some discussion about her departure in the show. Not that she just leaves and everyone goes just on with his or her job.

I'd like to see a reaction as well. It's too easy to just "move on" and forget all about the character that is gone. I wonder if this will add to friction for Anna Belknap's character once she comes on board. She'll be seen as Aiden's "replacement", after all. The others might be resentful.

Ok, just watched the episode. First 5mins I was shocked by Flack's hair. Tho, I like it.

Then. DANNY! GET RID OF THE BEARD/MOUSTACHE THINGY! NOW! RIGHT NOW!

Otherwise, quite good episode :) Just love seeing Gary... but..Aiden.. how... she's been always looking bit grumpy but now she looked just horrible.

I agree that a skiny male mosquito is lame. But even a lamer thing that nobody has mentioned, is that why da heck is there a mosquito on the 20th-ish floor of the Empire State Building? Do people open the windows up there or what? I find it hard to believe a mosquito would make it's way up there conveniently to have bitten both ppl DURING a murder.

Gimme a break.

^They came up with a reason at the time for that, but I remember thinking it was lame at the time. Something about it being hot and the mosquitos flew higher? I can't remember, but you're right--that was a total stretch.

Boy is this dredging up a really old thread LOL. But I need to comment.

I'll remember this one not for the cases themselves but for finally seeing Aiden storyline. Although the leaving the evidence bag behind still makes me want to know what the writers were thinking. Hell-o, how dumb is she??? Or are you for that matter?

Anyway, sometimes reading old posts is interesting, someone commented "at least (Pratt) didn't rape her", and someone else commented about it being good she was fired instead of killed or something. Bet none of what happened was expected way back then. I'd say more about some newer stuff but I already did in the spoiler thread just in case.

Stella: She was sooo flirting with Mac in that one scene...very cute :) But the spaghetti strap top just didn't seem professional, really. Lovely for teasing Mac though :D

Mosquito-was anyone else going "Call Gris, call Gris!!"? lol. Okay maybe it was slightly lame finding its way up there like that.

Hawkes-At least he got some decent screentime back then. Liked the teaching thing with Mac there.

GMACS and I think DWTF are coming up, which will leave me with only like two eps out of S2 that I haven't seen. *is still totally ticked that she missed Zoo York a few weeks back because the VCR didn't get programmed right and plus TV Guide was wrong about what ep was on...grrrr, argh!*

Well, it's nice to revisit older threads sometimes. ;)

When Hawkes said "Just how long does rookie status last?" I replied, "For you, darlin', about 3 episodes." :rolleyes:

I can't get over the fact that the Aiden they had in the first two episodes of the season was nothing like the Aiden I knew and loved from season 1. I remember remarking when this first came on that she seemed almost to blend into the background...not sure what the point of that was though--maybe to show that she was being drained by her job, or so that we wouldn't notice so much when she left since she seemed halfway-gone anyway. :rolleyes:

But I did adore Hawkes in this episode--he was so enthusiastic, even when Mac was shooting down his ideas. :p And when Mac had trouble getting the vending machine to work? Priceless. :lol:

But I got a bit dizzy when they were doing the "OMG lookit, it's really NYC" panning around and around and UP shot of the Empire State Building. :lol:

Wow, I wasn’t even a member when this got started. I got a little sad when I saw Aiden my brother kept making fun of me. I didn’t like the way they did that episode. Aiden getting desperate cause she can't catch this guy.

I found it weird to watch that episode. It so seemed season 1-ish but not. I did find Mac fighting with the vending machine funny. And I really liked seeing Hawkes work with Mac. They work well together it reminds of the other episode they were working with the threesome. Forgot what its called. ;)

I think the name of that episode is " Stealing Home". I thought that episode was funny especially when Hammerback asked Hawkes if he ever had a threesome. Too funny :lol:

I remember remarking when this first came on that she seemed almost to blend into the background
I so agree! In the scene where she and Danny were processing the bra jeweler on the street, Aiden totally seemed to lack the NY spunk she had in S1. I watched the episode going, "Come on, give us some attitude."

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that episode the first time that it came on. Yes, Aiden was a lot deflated compared to her spicy and spunky first season character.

But other than that, Hawkes' interaction with Mac was fantastic and funny - the lines about being the rookie, and Mac accusing him (rightly so) of getting tips from Stella - all perfectly timed and well done. I remember watching it and thinking that it would be a great season... then Jamalot came along.

I also loved this episode. I really loved Hawkes, as you say. He was great at the beginning of the season--you could sense his enthusiasm and passion for the job, but he also made little mistakes and didn't seem to mind. Hawkes is someone who just wants to learn, and I love that about him. :D

Back