Grade Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 29, 2011.

?

Favourite Episode

1. Fallen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sudden Death

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. See No Evil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Manhunt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sleepless in Miami

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Reality Kills

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Blood Sugar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. On the Hook

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Happy Birthday

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  10. Match Made in Hell

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. F-T-F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Wheels Up

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Last Stand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Stoned Cold

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  15. Blood Lust

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Hunting Ground

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  17. Special Delivery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. About Face

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  19. Caged

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Paint it Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. G.O.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Mayday

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well I still haven't seen whole season yet. On tv I've seen only 8 episodes so far, but I watched online few more (MMIH, F-T-F only the water scene, Mayday). I haven't seen Hunting Grounds but as I learned it had good feedback and storyline. So I voted for it. Well frankly because there was some interesting facts revealed about my fav character. I didn't have the chance to watch Wheels up which could've been good episode too.

2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

The best season so far. I loved seeing the team all working together, especially Nat more front and center and Horatio's storyline this season. I picked Hunting Ground as my favorite, though I did love the finale. I was very impressed with Adam Rodriguez's skills as writer/director and I sincerely hope he'll be writing another episode next season. Mayday was INCREDIBLE! Horatio getting shot... at last, we know he isn't made of steel armor! LOL. I just hope he'll be okay come fall... Definitely give the season an A+. The only thing that bugged me was Calleigh's reduced screentime, though I know she couldn't do anything about that. Looking forward to seeing her back next season, as well as more of Renee and H!

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess I'd give season 2/10.

-Way too many chase and action scenes, too little forensics.
    -Horatio going vigilante even in front of other team members.
    -Can't say there were a lot of team moments because Calleigh was barely in the episodes thus we were always missing a team member. Of course her absence was logical, but the team was incomplete nonetheless.
    -Too much Natalia for my taste; to make it worse it was damsel in distress Natalia, yikes.
    -Very poor writing when it came to Eric and Cal. That last scene in episode 9.02 was way out of the blue and just sloppy, lazy writing.
    -The episodes weren't all that memorable but I do remember Adam's so that one got my vote.
    -Can't really decide if season 4 was worse but 9 and 4 are definitely on my bottom two.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I havent had the opportunity to watch the whole series, but I really enjoyed sleepless in Miami. The beginning was really great, visually. The storyline and acting were good and Ryan had some fab screentime. Definitely one of my favourite episodes ever.
    (I think I must be in the minority, season 4 is one of my favourites :))

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm giving it a 9/10. The use of characters/team interaction were by far the best in a very long time, imo, & it made this season #1 for me.
    I liked that they were all a little more personable, even the characters who didn't have storylines - they didn't just sit in the background & "work" like they did in past seasons. They interacted on a more personal level, whether it was sharing a funny moment or a serious one, they seemed far more connected IMO (my list of examples would take up far too much space here).

The cases themselves seemed rather typical, but I must admit that after this long of watching the show, it's no longer the extras or cases that attract me; it's the characters & how they work/live.

I chose 'Sleepless in Miami' for favorite episode. Just a very cool episode from start to finish - loved every second of it ....which is quite rare for me. I also liked that while it was a serious incident for the one character, tptb didn't fail to incorporate some much needed laughter (like the 'oil on the forehead' & the coffee machine spitting out all the coins) & great moments between the teammembers such as the hospital scene with Eric, Ryan, & Calleigh; & Horatio/Ryan protecting Natalia. IMO, 'Sleepless in Miami' was a great example of what a character-centric episode should be like & what we should see from said character, & from the rest of the team (friendship, trust, loyalty).

'Hunting Ground' took second place. Ryan's "Needle, this is Haystack" is probably my favorite line of the season. :lol: I loved that Adam really put his heart into it & I can also totally appreciate the fact that he didn't make it about his own character. I also thought it was really sweet that after Rex had been commenting about not ever getting to drive a Hummer, Adam wrote it into the episode.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I picked Stoned Cold.
    I can empathize with those poor kids that girl was bullying.
    If being bullied means being picked on or treated like you're not there, then I got more than my fair share of being bullied in school.

7. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Oh yeah, Fallen is in 2nd place for me. Horatio and the team playing basketball at the end was awesome. XD

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I havent seen season 9 yet and i just have to wait and see it then though

9. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I LOVED Season 9! Absolute greatness all round! The writing was (mainly) great and character development was well done.

Team moments were on the rise, as was chemistry between ALL of the team. Between that and the equallity between screentime really made a difference from previous seasons.

If this is a sign for Season 10, I can't wait! :D

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I gotta see season 9 when it airs here