Grade 'Right Next Door'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 9, 2008.

?

How would you grade Right Next Door

1. A+

22 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. A

25 vote(s)
    28.1%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    11.2%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. B

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

9 vote(s)
    10.1%
  1. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Wouldn't put it past him, but would he and his wife and daughter then end up on an episode of Maury for DNA testing? Sid, when it comes to 25 year old Sidney, you are not the father!

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

...... I knew you were gonna ask for me the instant Sid/Danny showed up. :lol: :lol: :lol: And no, I have not written Sid/Danny! No sir, not in the autopsy lab, no Danny asking Sid for it, NO SIR.

3. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

Yeah, if you read what I wrote, I said, "rarely" gives back. And he nearly blew his career (and the case) in "Raising Shane". Luckily he didn't. He's lied to Mac several times, lied to Aiden, etc, plus half of season four he's been a bit of a jerk. Perhaps some of it can be excused, but not much.

She said she should go. She seemed uncertain about staying. He said, no, I'm making myself breakfast; making one for you isn't a problem. It's just breakfast (manipulation to get her to stay longer). She's still not sure, asks if last night was just sex. She tells him one day he'll realize Ruben's death is not his fault.

Danny uses his pretty man-flesh and a lovingly whispered explanation about how Ruben's death has hurt them and they're finding comfort in each other. More manipulation. And it's gross.

And more importantly, I never said that Danny was evil. I said he was selfish. Big difference.

Are you seriously telling me that being the witness to the brutal murders of four classmates as a teenager (one of the most delicate and formative times in a person's life) is just...."an incident"?! Seriously???

Well then, Danny should be over Ruben's death right quick, because he's an adult and he didn't even know Ruben was shot. It was a slightly lesser incident than Lindsay's obviously.

Flack wouldn't have been helping him if Lindsay hadn't told him to. And er...Danny grudgingly gave Flack the list...and didn't call Flack. And didn't answer Flack's calls. And he tried to ditch Flack. And he apparently got close to the deadline because Flack was antsy towards the end of that episode. Not to mention Danny didn't thank Flack. He just told Flack to mind his own business, never mind that Flack spent his day off tracking Danny down, save his friend's career (at risk to his own), and prevent a murder.

Yeah, Danny was stellar.

Doesn't matter how Flack feels. It doesn't make me feel any better about Danny.

I don't know that I'd characterize it in any of those terms--self-destructive, nasty, good or okay. It is what it is--it's how they're coping. They're using each other so as not to be alone. It could easily turn self-destructive, but what I saw on screen didn't come off as such.

See my response to this idea in "Did Danny Cheat?" thread, please. :)

Your interpretation of the events, not mine. ;) Difference of opinion and how we view the characters, I'm sure. Either Lindsay isn't helping Danny, or he's pushing her away. You tell me. :D

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

What she said is that a person is not wholly defined by a single event in their life. Top didn't downplay it being a tragedy, she simply said that the entirety of who Lindsay is doesn't come from one part of her past.

One can assume that Lindsay's life has included other events that would contribute to who she is and why she "behaves the way she does"--we only know about that one event, so we hardly know everything.

I'm not even touching the idea that Danny was manipulating Rikki. Did he even manipulate her into believing that she was using him? :rolleyes:

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

"Rarely" okay. :lol: That word is appropriately vague. It's still more than some other characters have done for others. ;) And he was trying to help in "Raising Shane," to the point where he was willing to go into a dangerous situation on top of everything else. What a selfish guy! :lol:

Lied to Mac, or disobeyed him? There is a difference. And when did he lie to Aiden? When he was hedging about the psych exam?

You're right...Danny was determined to give Rikki what he thought she wanted, and since she said she was taking advantage of his guilt so she didn't have to be alone, he figured he was what she wanted. He didn't force himself on her. She could have said no and walked away at any point, but she wanted him, so he was essentially right.

Incident, traumatic event, whatever you want to call it--one such thing does not define someone's entire life, or their entire personality. That's the stuff of fanfiction, not real life. Real people--and believable characters--are made up of the sum total of their experiences. But Lindsay is neither. ;)

Obviously? I think it's up for debate. Lindsay lost four friends, but she was in no way responsible. Danny was--at least I believe--in large part to blame for Ruben's death. I think Danny's actions that day were far more reprehensible than what he did with Rikki, or hasn't done with Lindsay.

Lindsay didn't tell Flack to help Danny; she told him that she couldn't reach Danny and he hadn't shown up for work.

No, he was a bit of a little shit to Flack, I'll readily admit that. But he was going through a lot that day, and Flack was able to see past his own feelings to care about what his friend was going through, which is more than can be said for Lindsay.

No, I suppose it doesn't if you're out to crucify Danny. I just wonder why there's so much rage at Danny for "cheating" on someone who may or may not have been his girlfriend, and not for his irresponsible behavior the day a child in his care got killed.

Including it in here if it's relevant to the discussion might have been helpful. ;)

On screen, it seemed Danny was pulling away from Lindsay long before Ruben's death, as I mention in the above. On screen, we saw little to no evidence that they were a couple. But Lindsay could have reached out to him afterwards, and she didn't, at least not on screen, and that's what I go by--the stuff in the show. ;) She didn't--instead she chewed him out for not remembering her birthday and not turning to her when she'd never even made an overture for him to talk to her.