Grade 'Past Imperfect'

Messers_cupcake said:
Wasn't it odd for you too, that when Flack came to the place where was Clay's office, he didn't go in?

Reminiscent of when Danny was chasing a suspect in On the Job and Mac rather inexplicably didn't follow? Who said the writing lacks continuity! :rolleyes:

Yes. This episode was really good. Probably one of the best episodes this season. I give it an A+. The case was just really great. The girl's eyes = creepy and scary and the ending was just really great!

B+

This episode was a mixed bag for me.

The good:

--Joey Lawrence was awesome as the killer.

--Mac and Flack squared off and both had good points! Flack wasn't automatically wrong just because he isn't the lead. I liked that, and how it was resolved.

--Mac screaming at Adam showed him as less than perfect, and I like that.

--Lindsay was in the episode for half a second. Limited exposure makes her much more tolerable.

--The ending was a shocker.

The bad:

--Was anyone really surprised that Stella was HIV negative? Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased, but at the same time, what was the point of the storyline? Did it really raise HIV/AIDS awareness in any way? I really don't think so.

--Mac pushing Dobson off that roof with cuffs on his hands is about as likely as Stella testing positive for HIV

--Danny not reacting to Jesse killing his brother? The Danny of old would have blown a gasket, not given the guy ten more minutes to be with the brother he killed.

midnight_tiptoes said:
detdonflackjr said:

Lady- "when I heard NYPD was coming here I was expecting big guys with guns"
Flack- "maybe if you focused your attention over here you would see one"

The lady's reaction, however, was the best part. She looked at him like, "your life must be very, very sad."

Cock-blocking lesbians is a new low for Flack. He must be taking the Dindsay romance hard. :lol:

Cock-blocking lesbians
Wait, how do you...???

Mac screaming at Adam showed him as less than perfect, and I like that.
You know, they told us about Adam's father being a bully, and then they're giving us scenes that show how Adam reacts to intimidation from other people now. I hope that these little hints of development are a sign that Adam is going to be in the NY lab for a long time. :p

Wasn't it odd for you too, that when Flack came to the place where was Clay's office, he didn't go in? I mean he waited for back up, I understand, but Mac was there so shouldn't he go and help Mac instead of waiting outside and doing nothing?

IIRC, by the time Flack got to the building, Mac and Dobson were outside climbing up the fire escape and then went back inside through an apartment. Flack was too far below to have had any reasonable chance of catching them on the fire esscape, and if he went inside, he'd have no way of knowing what floor they were on.
The best thing he could do was to corden off the outside of the building so as to contain Dobson in the event that he got away from Mac. Once Flack had enough backup with him, he could trawl through the building, clearing each floor and leaving a cop at each exit/stairwell to catch Dobson if necessary.

It's the same as Stella's HIV storyline - the main female character was not going to end up terminally ill.
Erm...,being HIV positive doesn't mean being terminally ill,in fact,they had had a great opportunity to show how she can be positive and have a perfect normal life and work,but,as every of us expected,they didn't do it.

I liked Mac being out of his nerves,that makes him more real,more human,but poor Adam,with his father being a bully the last thing he needed was Mac telling him off.

Didn't Joey Lawrence have a lovely hair on "Blossom"?What happenned? :lol:

Ceindreadh said:
IIRC, by the time Flack got to the building, Mac and Dobson were outside climbing up the fire escape and then went back inside through an apartment. Flack was too far below to have had any reasonable chance of catching them on the fire esscape, and if he went inside, he'd have no way of knowing what floor they were on.
The best thing he could do was to corden off the outside of the building so as to contain Dobson in the event that he got away from Mac. Once Flack had enough backup with him, he could trawl through the building, clearing each floor and leaving a cop at each exit/stairwell to catch Dobson if necessary.

That makes perfect sense, tactically. If only we in the southern Hemisphere didn't have to wait, oh, I don't know, six to eight months before we can see it. :rolleyes: Sounds like a really good episode.

B+
I think the episode was concentrating too much on Mac and Stella.
Stella is HIV negative
Mac's arrest goes bad
Mac shouts at Adam
Mac is mad at Flack
Mac looks down from the end of the episode
Gerrard argues with Mac
I would like to see more of the other characters. Other than that i think it was ok, even though the eye lid thing was kinda creepy.

Good ep!!
I'm glad Stella isn't HIV positive.
I don't for a moment believe Mac pushed that creep off the roof. My guess is the guy jumped because he REALLY didn't want to go back to jail and he knew Mac would be blamed for his death.

Ceindreadh said:
I personally can't believe that they would think for a second that Mac would push the creep off the roof. He's a military man and he holds himself to a higher standard than most. Mac feels that if you do wrong no matter who you if you commit a crime you should go to jail.

You know that and I know that and so do the rest of the audience. But Internal Affairs and whatever review board Mac has to face, they won't know Mac like we do and they won't/can't just take his word for what happened.
Obviously Mac is going to get out of it somehow, but there'll have to be some evidence to back up whatever he says happened.

Personally I think it would have been better if Dobson hadn't been handcuffed. As it is, we all know that Mac isn't going to push a handcuffed prisoner off a building (presumably Dobson jumped) but if Dobson's hands had been free then in theory he could have attacked Mac and gotten pushed over while Mac was defending himself or he could have jumped.

Anyway, loved seeing Flack and Stella together.
Wanted to smack Mac on the head for being such a self righteous git. What happened to following evidence and not just fixating on the guy he wants to be guilty? Or do those rules only apply to the rest of the team.

It's almost a pity that Dobson was the perp. I'd have liked it if maybe he'd been innocent of this killing, but then started killing again afterwards.

First off my apologies for that horrible grammer must have been in the wee hours when I wrote that! :lol:

Oh I agree with you there. Hopefully NYPD Interal Affairs will be less sadistic then MDPD Interal Affairs.

Definatly glad Stella is going to be okay, can't wait to find out about her past...

Faylinn said:
Cock-blocking lesbians
Wait, how do you...???

Wasn't that chick flirting with Stella? Or was I inferring? It looked like it to me, and it cracked me up!

You know, they told us about Adam's father being a bully, and then they're giving us scenes that show how Adam reacts to intimidation from other people now. I hope that these little hints of development are a sign that Adam is going to be in the NY lab for a long time. :p

Was Mac around when Adam mentioned that? I don't think he was, but it would make him look like an even bigger jerk if he was. Adam was clearly taken aback, but I thought he held his own pretty well--he explained/defended what he did! And Stella stuck up for him, too.

Top41 said:
Faylinn said:
Cock-blocking lesbians
Wait, how do you...???

Wasn't that chick flirting with Stella? Or was I inferring? It looked like it to me, and it cracked me up!
No, you were right. I'm just trying to figure out which, er, something-that-starts-with-a-C is getting blocked. :lol: Unless, in this situation, the, er, C, is actually doing the blocking instead. :lol:

Was Mac around when Adam mentioned that? I don't think he was, but it would make him look like an even bigger jerk if he was. Adam was clearly taken aback, but I thought he held his own pretty well--he explained/defended what he did! And Stella stuck up for him, too.
No, it was just Stella and Danny there when Adam mentioned his father being a bully. But then, even if Mac had been there, he'd probably still have yelled at Adam in this past episode--when Mac is mad, he doesn't really think about the effect that his anger is going to have on the people around him.

I definitely think Adam defended himself, but he wasn't very effective against Mac, not when he's that nervous about it. *pet pet* Stella is better able to stand up against Mac in those types of situations, but it was obvious that Mac wasn't hearing anything--he wanted to get his point across and that was it. *le sigh*

Even though Mac was very rude to Adam, he really had his reasons and Stella should understand him.

It still doesn't give him the right to yell at his subordinates. Mac was totally in the wrong. He was pissed at Gerrard (?) and took it out on Adam.

Back