Grade 'Not What It Looks Like'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol: don't you miss central standard time, Top? :lol:

not telling the end scene!!!! you must watch!!!

2. audrina

audrina Police Officer

I LOVE Stella, and I love Melina, but geez. Get some appropriate work clothes! I've seen hookers more covered.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm gonna watch, lol. But I don't want to wait!

And yeah, I miss Central time. I seriously feel like we're behind the rest of the world by like 80 years.

4. Ainsley

Ainsley Victim

I also gave the episode an "A-". I absolutely loved the episode, but once again I couldn't give it an "A+" because some things bugged me.

I stand by my opinion of Peyton from last week, "I don't mind her." I actually really enjoyed her scenes tonight. Hammerback as always had me rolling, and I enjoyed his softer side when he spoke of his daughter to Stella. I was once again glad that Hawkes got more screen time; he's one of my favorite characters. I do love the new character of Detective Angell, and I hope Emmanuelle Vaugier stays on for more than a couple episodes.

I hope next week we finally get an answer on the Danny and Lindsay relationship because I'm tired of the dancing around on the situation. I'm not for the relationship, but I'm not against it either, so it really bugs me that we don't have an answer on whether or not they're going to date.

5. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

:lol:you are as bad as I am with waiting. Can't stand it, never want to do it. you just have thirty more minutes to wait. the end and next week kind of sucks. imo

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Try an hour and a half! NY isn't on until 10 here. Or as the rest of the world knows it, the middle of the night. :lol: I seriously can't deal with Pacific time. :lol: I wake up at 7am and feel like the morning is half over.

It seems like people are liking this ep, which is cool!

7. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

an hour and a half? yeah, that totally bites. Didn't know that. sorry about your luck there!! :lol:

yeah, i liked it. Hammerback is awesome as usual.

8. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

The episode is pretty cool. The ending could have used some work - it all happened so fast, but otherwise I loved it. Stella and Hammerbeck had a great interaction and all of the boys looked hot as usual.

I was concerned about Flack again, and I hope they address his injuries soon. He looks like he's back on full active duty at this point.

Everyone got about the same amount of screentime this go around - even Adam. Good episode.

9. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Loved this ep! I thought both the A and B cases were equally engrossing. It had intensity, some great humor, lots of lab work and cool lab toys, and enough forensics to remind us that this is what this franchise was originally built on, and why many of us became fans in the first place.

How cool was it, seeing Mac and Adam out in the field? And Adam lost the beard! I loved watching the two of them working their individual magic on the demolished room, trying to piece together the crime scene from the shattered pieces. And Mac gave Adam a seriously sincere Attaboy for all his hard work, that was cool. :)

Danny and his little dog :lol: And Hawkes was laughing his butt off that the dog looked just like Danny (he really did, right down to the moussy little mop-top!) and then Stella turns around and tells him the same thing!

Loved the Sid scenes, telling Peyton another one of his bizarre stories until she finally relented and let him work the mummy case with her, then with Stella, as he was so uncustomarily sad and shaken seeing the young "Holly" on the morgue table - and she looks like his daughter! Wow, who knew?!!

I enjoyed seeing Mac & Det. Angell work together tonight. Loved her line, "It's my first mummy..." yeah, that would take some getting used to, I guess! And the shot of them peering out of the missing wall on the high rise apt. building onto the street several stories below...fantastic camera work, I loved that shot! Not to mention them walking into Sal's apartment and nearly getting blown away by the booby-trapped gun...

Mac definitely gave a piece of his mind to the D.A.'s flunkie tonight, "I'm not in the business of giving out sound bytes..." "...and if you had more experience, you would know that, too..." :lol: Go Pissy!Mac. The man obviously doesn't like politics interferring with his forensics, and I have a feeling we'll see a lot of that, this season. Ah well, Mac and Co. love a good challenge.

This ep was so fast paced and intricate in some places, I'm very glad I taped it. Definitely worth a 2nd viewing! I gave it an A+.

10. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I didn't even mind Peyote in this episode. I was happy with it overall.

My dog barked when Danny's dog barked. Aww. Frida/Danny's Dog 4eva!

11. ShuriyuCSI

ShuriyuCSI Judge

..Top, I feel so sorry for you :lol: *has this certain cable box that lets me watch NY like I was on Atlantic time* Try 7pm baby! Yeah!

And.. if you don't wanna be spoiled, my dear friend, I suggest you don't look. :D

But back on topic.. I really liked this episode too, and I'm curious to know what's going to happen next week.

One of the more memorable funny parts in this episode was Peyton and Hammerback doing the coin toss at the beginning and then Hammerback going on about how the perfectly mummified body was like a 'sex orgasm' or some such silly thing.

I really liked the meet at the end with Lindsay doing the undercover thing. Danny was so concerned. T'was cute! (*dodges rotten tomatoes from the D/F lovers* Whaaaaat?! I just said that it was cute! :p I'm a multi-shipper.)

I really like the Detective Angell and Peyton characters thusfar. They bring a new twist to the show (twist I mean face) and make it a bit more interesting. I've taken an abnormally quick liking to them so they're okay in my books. I especially liked Angell in her first scene with Danny and Hawkes.

NOW... Danny with the dog was just rediculously cute. I liked how Hawkes and Stella were teasing him about looking like the dog. But after when he was done the experiment, the 'he's such a good boy' childish tone and going face to face with the little guy had me squeeing. :lol: It was also outrageously funny. I'm going to tape the episode tonight at ten to watch it again, give more details about my thoughts later.

12. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

OK, I'm confused. Peyton used to be detective Angell, right? And now we have a new Detective Angell? How did I miss all this?

13. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

No, Peyote and Angell are two different characters, they always have been. Peyote is the ME, Angell is the detective.

14. pandi

pandi Witness

oh, my....seriously....true love. i remember why i love ny.

danny with the puppy was so cute.

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Claire Forlani was originally, allegedly, cast as Angell but was re-cast as the ME.