Grade 'Happily Never After'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jan 9, 2008.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the self centered label in this situation stems from her "I'm not very good at this" comment. She did go to the morgue when she heard, and Danny walked away. Her only comment to Mac was about herself and not about Ruben or Danny or the tragedy. No one has said anything about Flack because Flack hasn't been part of that story line as of yet. Since HNA aired, there have been comments about Angell and Mac, because we got to see them react to and with Danny.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The reason it's being assumed Lindsay hasn't been there for Danny as opposed to say, Flack, is that Lindsay flat out said in CP, "I'm not very good at this kind of thing." Generally, when a character makes that kind of statement, it's a fair assumption that we'll see them struggling with that on screen. As in, when she finally talks to Danny, we'll see it in an episode or at the very least made mention of. Given that they're dating, it's hard to believe Lindsay hasn't talked to Danny at all, so it comes off as weird that they haven't had a scene together in the aftermath yet. I can't imagine she's dating him and hasn't talked about it at all with him, but the CSI shows have never been super great at showing relationship stuff.

However, I think the fact that Angell approached Danny about Ruben and asked about him could be interpreted as being in direct opposition to Lindsay's inability to talk to him about it.

As for Flack, there's a lot of past on screen history to show that he's been there for Danny, so it's probably safe to assume that he's spoken with Danny and offered comfort, but like anything else that isn't on screen, it's an assumption (unless of course in 413 Flack precedes "You can't keep blaming yourself" with "how many times have we talked about this?" ;) Actually "You can't keep blaming yourself" implies a continued action, so the fact that Flack uses that word implies multiple conversations over a period of time.)

:lol: The phrasing was too good to pass up. ;) :D Given all Flack does for Danny, that really is a crime right there. :lol: ;) :devil:

3. Kam

Kam Hit and Run

I wanted to fast forward the minute Hawkes thought the dog chain was a purse strap. It was just fairly obvious to me.

Flack saved the episode for me, I love laughing at his faces.

And Danny... Danny just seemed numb.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^^ I agree I thought it was a dod chain straight away also :)

5. Rose0206

Rose0206 Victim

I agree... I think Lindsay and Flack talked to Danny in a way but we have to keep in mind that they have only 43 minutes per episode and it should be mainly about the cases so we have to do a lot of assumptions what happens when the camera is turned off :p

generally episode happily never after was good - there have been better and there have been worse I think... I really loved flacks lines... they keep getting better and better =) I like the most as I read would give it a B as well

to the spoilers/trailer for next week: I don't think there is going to be a new episode next week because I looked at the CBS schedule and they had a movie for wednesday night at 10pm... maybe it was a mistake and they change it...

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Nah, the preview said 'in two weeks' or something like that--the final(?) part of that "Comanche Moon" series airs on Wednesday instead. The next episode of NY will air the following week. ;)