Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
I will go to my grave wondering what this rabid fascination an apparently sizable group have with Melina Kankaredes/Stella, and the corollary that Sela Ward/Jo is so deplorable, apparently for the simple face that she is not Stella.

It probably has little to do with her acting abilities. She's obviously very capable. Notwithstanding that Sela Ward has 2 Emmys and 2 Golden Globes to her credit as well. But never mind that, they will hate anyone who replaces her...Sela Ward, Jodie Foster, Barbara Stanwyck, Olivia deHavilland...anyone.

And by the way, I will posit to you that Stella was often judgmental and condescending every bit as much as Jo is often glib and sarcastic. None of these are exactly endearing qualities.

It also has nothing to do with the fact that she left the show. She didn't get fired, or killed off. She wanted to do "other things." Which until now is pretty much nothing. But everyone blames her departure on the show, Sinise, writers, the gaffer, anyone else.

Characters come and go on TV shows; it's the nature of the genre. Sometimes those replacements take the show in a bit of a different direction. MASH lost Frank and Col. Blake, and got Charles and Col. Potter in return. True, the show was not the same. But it was every bit as good. In fact, I can think of very few shows to run 7+ years who didn't have changes in cast: Seinfeld, Friends, 90210, Murphy Brown (I think), Sanford & Son, there are others.

Stella is gone and the show may be gone too. Just appreciate her prior contributions, and quit berating her replacement. You can always rent the DVDs if you're having Stella Withdrawal Syndrome.

When does CBS announce its fall line-up? Is it the 18th this year? I can't wait to see if CSI: NY and CSI: Miami are on it, although I'm more anxiously awaiting news on NY.

No pocky, dim sum nor pizza between us on this one :p. I disagree. But I do understand.

I've felt for years :lol: that the majority of scripts had hit a disappointing standard of what was acceptable, reliant on formula, coasting, certain production habits.

indeed. it has been for years but it's only the last 2 seasons that it's really bugged me this much. it's just felt so much more like tv-by-numbers recently. and that's just not good enough.

Perhaps he might be amenable to adapting/directing a play for a film. You could start a campaign for which one... ;)

oh yeah, I know it's all subjective. I just get frustrated!!:lol:

I will go to my grave wondering what this rabid fascination an apparently sizable group have with Melina Kankaredes/Stella, and the corollary that Sela Ward/Jo is so deplorable, apparently for the simple face that she is not Stella.

It probably has little to do with her acting abilities. She's obviously very capable. Notwithstanding that Sela Ward has 2 Emmys and 2 Golden Globes to her credit as well. But never mind that, they will hate anyone who replaces her...Sela Ward, Jodie Foster, Barbara Stanwyck, Olivia deHavilland...anyone.

And by the way, I will posit to you that Stella was often judgmental and condescending every bit as much as Jo is often glib and sarcastic. None of these are exactly endearing qualities.

It also has nothing to do with the fact that she left the show. She didn't get fired, or killed off. She wanted to do "other things." Which until now is pretty much nothing. But everyone blames her departure on the show, Sinise, writers, the gaffer, anyone else.

Characters come and go on TV shows; it's the nature of the genre. Sometimes those replacements take the show in a bit of a different direction. MASH lost Frank and Col. Blake, and got Charles and Col. Potter in return. True, the show was not the same. But it was every bit as good. In fact, I can think of very few shows to run 7+ years who didn't have changes in cast: Seinfeld, Friends, 90210, Murphy Brown (I think), Sanford & Son, there are others.

Stella is gone and the show may be gone too. Just appreciate her prior contributions, and quit berating her replacement. You can always rent the DVDs if you're having Stella Withdrawal Syndrome.

Couldn't agree with you more! :thumbsup:

Didn't see it so much as surprised, more excited and happy.

I agree, hiphugger. It was a natural reaction. I'm sure there was nothing negative on her part about it. I would have probably reacted the same way and nowhere in my mind would there be even an inkling of a thought that he wasn't capable of passing. I personally would have been more worried that the higher ups would be hardasses and would hold against him any and every error in judgment he's made (which everyone makes an error in judgment at some point in their lives, cops are no exception). Considering how supportive she was when he told her he took the exam, there is nothing to indicate that her reaction to the results were nothing more than a natural happy/excited reaction. There was nothing in that scene to suggest she didn't have faith in her husband. Perhaps the writers should have made it more clear like having her say: "I knew you could do it, babe!" or something like that lol. We also can't be 100% sure that scene wasn't cut a bit. That sometimes happens with shows, they cut a bit of the dialogue in scenes they deem less important to the storyline.

Fair enough. I just personally don't find Lindsay to have any depth or warmth as a character so things that are supposed to be received as a touching moment or her being supportive or whatever positive things about the character just don't come off that way to me.

Definitely the best episode of the season!! A+
It could easily serve as series finale as well...The writers will have to a tough job trying to top this one when the show ends...
I also can't wait to see how season 8 starts after all the events that took place...
I just hope that Danny's promotion doesn't serve as a tool for more D/L drama...

The finale provided a great sense of closure to me. I hope when they actually end the series, that there will be a sense of Mac at Ground Zero, like that pilot.

Case-wise, it was pretty interesting. I don't think Mac and Jo should've let the mom see Olivia so soon though.

Back