Grade 'Exit Strategy'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2011.

?

How would you grade Exit Strategy?

1. A+

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. A

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. A-

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I will go to my grave wondering what this rabid fascination an apparently sizable group have with Melina Kankaredes/Stella, and the corollary that Sela Ward/Jo is so deplorable, apparently for the simple face that she is not Stella.

It probably has little to do with her acting abilities. She's obviously very capable. Notwithstanding that Sela Ward has 2 Emmys and 2 Golden Globes to her credit as well. But never mind that, they will hate anyone who replaces her...Sela Ward, Jodie Foster, Barbara Stanwyck, Olivia deHavilland...anyone.

And by the way, I will posit to you that Stella was often judgmental and condescending every bit as much as Jo is often glib and sarcastic. None of these are exactly endearing qualities.

It also has nothing to do with the fact that she left the show. She didn't get fired, or killed off. She wanted to do "other things." Which until now is pretty much nothing. But everyone blames her departure on the show, Sinise, writers, the gaffer, anyone else.

Characters come and go on TV shows; it's the nature of the genre. Sometimes those replacements take the show in a bit of a different direction. MASH lost Frank and Col. Blake, and got Charles and Col. Potter in return. True, the show was not the same. But it was every bit as good. In fact, I can think of very few shows to run 7+ years who didn't have changes in cast: Seinfeld, Friends, 90210, Murphy Brown (I think), Sanford & Son, there are others.

Stella is gone and the show may be gone too. Just appreciate her prior contributions, and quit berating her replacement. You can always rent the DVDs if you're having Stella Withdrawal Syndrome.

2. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

When does CBS announce its fall line-up? Is it the 18th this year? I can't wait to see if CSI: NY and CSI: Miami are on it, although I'm more anxiously awaiting news on NY.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, it's Wednesday the 18th.

4. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

indeed. it has been for years but it's only the last 2 seasons that it's really bugged me this much. it's just felt so much more like tv-by-numbers recently. and that's just not good enough.

oh yeah, I know it's all subjective. I just get frustrated!!:lol:

5. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Couldn't agree with you more! :thumbsup:

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Fair enough. I just personally don't find Lindsay to have any depth or warmth as a character so things that are supposed to be received as a touching moment or her being supportive or whatever positive things about the character just don't come off that way to me.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Definitely the best episode of the season!! A+
    It could easily serve as series finale as well...The writers will have to a tough job trying to top this one when the show ends...
    I also can't wait to see how season 8 starts after all the events that took place...
    I just hope that Danny's promotion doesn't serve as a tool for more D/L drama...

8. Duckie

Duckie Civilian

The finale provided a great sense of closure to me. I hope when they actually end the series, that there will be a sense of Mac at Ground Zero, like that pilot.

Case-wise, it was pretty interesting. I don't think Mac and Jo should've let the mom see Olivia so soon though.