Grade '...Comes Around'

gosh, that sounds very exciting... Danny and Flack... like in old good times... I can't wait to see it.

does somebody know where I can watch this ep if I missed it last night?? :(

The B case made no sense and should've been scrapped. Did they ever explain how the fiancee's tiara ended up in the bathroom? No. In fact, aside from DNA, there was no science whatsoever. Boring and forgettable.

You can see when the McEnroe double walks into the bathroom that the tiara is on his head. I am guessing when the bride-to-be and MacEnroe's double were talking and flirting she gave it to him. I think, as a matter of fact, that when the fiancee/victim walks into the bathroom he calls McEnroe's double "princess." I assumed it was because he was wearing the tiara on his head at the time.

I thought the case, while a little science-lite, was fun and I enjoyed it.

Top41 said:
As for Mac--well, he didn't conduct himself perfectly on that roof, and what Gerrard did with the belt wasn't completely kosher either, but neither man deserved to lose his job for it. If anything, Mac's political angling showed that they've all crossed the line in some way or another at some point.

Well said, and I'm in complete agreement. Gerrard didn't act completely by the rules, but didn't deserve to go down for it, as Mac pointed out in the conversation with Sinclair/Gerrard in the office. Same goes for Mac. He knows that he was remiss in judgement on that roof with Dobson, but like Gerrard, didn't deserve to lose his badge or his honor. In that respect, I like that they drew a very large parallel between Mac & Gerrard - a fact that I hope is not lost on either man, in future storylines. Grey Areas can be very, very interesting, when handled well in the script. :)

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see the lessons learned next season, with Mac's character. I'd like to see a strengthening of bonds & trust between he and his team, & of course Flack. Discord between team members can make for good drama, but can also grow old if carried on too long.

A+

I absolutely loved this episode..one of the best of the season!

Loved the amount of Flack in this episode..I am glad they finally acknowledged his friendship with Danny again.

Liked the court sccenes..enjoyed the cases..I think this may be one of my favorite CSI:NY episodes :D

A.

Only reason it didn't get an A+ for me was b/c of the ending of Mac's investigation. I agree w/everyone saying it was too easy.

I loved Flack in this episode. I also saw a smidgen of the Old Danny, which was great. Their scenes together were awesome.

I thought McEnroe did a superb job, and the scene w/the glass and Flack was excellent.

I won't go on and on--don't feel too great. Overall, good job TPTB. Keep em coming. :)

Great episode. While I am not a DF-shipper (I just see a strong friendship), I really enjoyed the pool scene. Both seemed a little more laid-back, especially since it was a tense situation.

The B case...I don't know, it really didn't do anything for me *shrug* I'm glad they focused more on Mac's hearing though. McEnroe, though I've never heard of him, played his parts well.

All in all a great eppy :D looking forward to next week, now more than ever.

i loved the episode i am glad that they focused on mac hearing while have the cases to. i loved the scene with flack and danny in the bar. i loved it when mac was in Sinclair/Gerrard and busted gerrard (i think that who is was)i gave this episode a A+ one my favorite's this season

Pretty good ep! I liked how Mac "played the game" even though it doesn't appeal to him. Loved how the ep ended with Mac and Stella walking off together to go catch bad guys!!
The McEnroe case was interesting. I also liked the Danny/Donny playing pool scene.
I could have done without Peyton's invovlement in this episode, but then I think the series as a whole would be much better without her.

I thought the episode was interesting, but like almost everybody else has pointed out it was a little too easily resolved. Why did Truby decide to help Mac? He felt a little too much like a plot device.

The character scenes saved this episode. I loved Danny's testimony and the way he silently read that autopsy report.

The conversations between Mac and Stella, Danny and Flack, and Peyton and Mac were wonderful. I love seeing the characters interact with each other and the conversations gave us good insight into the characters' minds.

I'll give this episode a B+.

Note: I probably would have enjoyed this episode better if the innertube thingy didn't keep freezing up! :mad:

I thought this was a great episode and will give it an A.

I loved the fact that Mac’s hearing was at the forefront of the episode. I especially enjoyed seeing how the hearing affected not only Mac, but those he works with. As illustrated by Flack’s discussion with Gerrard and Sinclair, Mac wasn’t the only one who faced possible career repercussions because of the hearing. While the McEnroe case was interesting, and I thought McEnroe himself did a fantastic job, I felt it was overshadowed by the hearing. Nevertheless, it did include a Danny and Flack chase scene, which is always a bonus to me.

What I enjoyed most about the episode was that it highlighted the friendships between the characters, something I wish more episodes would do. Showing Danny and Flack drinking beer and shooting pool was great, and I liked how Stella showed her support for Mac by seeking him out in front of the Police Academy and encouraging him to fight back. I also liked the Mac/Peyton interactions, and think Peyton is great for Mac.

Like others, however, I was a bit disappointed by how neatly everything came together so that Mac could be cleared. I would rather Mac have had his name cleared because he really didn't do anything wrong, and not because he was able to uncover a previous procedural violation against Gerrard.

Great episode. I'm looking forward to the season finale!

I would rather Mac have had his name cleared because he really didn't do anything wrong

The problem is, Mac did do something wrong. He violated protocol first by heading off without backup to catch Dobson, and then by putting his gun away. If he'd kept his gun on Dobson until Flack and his team had shown up, Dobson wouldn't have had a chance to jump with handcuffs on. At worst he'd have jumped anyway, but there'd have been no handcuffs and no marks from a struggle.

When Mac found the belt (and would there even be fingerprints after so long?), I thought he was going to use it as proof that Dobson had been willing before to kill himself rather than go to jail and that that would have been enough to get Mac off the hook for his death. But no, they get Mac off the hook by having him find out the other cops violated procedure as well.
IMO, it was very very dissapointing.

Ah well, just as well we had plenty of Flacky goodness to make up for it! Although again, when Flack was on the stand, it would have been nice if TPTB had had him point out that he trusts Mac, and maybe have the proscecutor point out that he owes Mac his life. But I guess that continuity within a season is all we can expect.

I gave it an A. As far as Mac breaking protocol yes he did but, he's not the first cop to do it & won't be the last. The DA wasn't bringing charges for they felt there was none to bring. Sinclair & Gerard went after Mac for political reasons. I'm so glad that Mac doesn't play the game. That's the one thing I LOVE about the three leading men from all three CSI shows. They DON"T play politics. Hated that Mac had to stoop to their level to play the game but both Gerard & Sinclair deserved what they got. I for one can't wait to see what Mac works out with them. Now can someone answer me a question? Why is it that Gerard couldn't be prosecuted for a cover-up? I thought if someone committed a crime & knew it & covered it up it was a crime to do so? Am I wrong here? In my opinion I don't see why Mac could not have areested Gerard for the cover up. Anyway I loved the ep. I always enjoy seeing Mac get ticked off.

A-

I really enjoyed the McEnroes' case; that was funnier than I anticipated. And the more personal interaction between the characters (Mac/Peyton, Mac/Stella, Danny/Flack) was great.

I couldn't give it an A or A+ because they didn't really answer the question about what actually happened between Mac and Dobson on that rooftop...

Now can someone answer me a question? Why is it that Gerard couldn't be prosecuted for a cover-up? I thought if someone committed a crime & knew it & covered it up it was a crime to do so? Am I wrong here? In my opinion I don't see why Mac could not have areested Gerard for the cover up.

I don't think Gerard covered up a crime. I think what he covered up was that Dobson tried to kill himself while in custody with his own belt. The problem, as I understood it, is that the arresting officer should have removed his belt. So Gerard was covering for Truby not following proper procedure - not a crime.

Back