Grade 'Child's Play'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

LOL!! Full marks. Yes OI is better known as Brittle Bone disease and there are varying degrees of seriousness. Thankfully my son doesn't have it too badly although he does break his bones a lot more often than other kids. He does also have a slight blue-tinge to the whites of his eyes but nowhere near as drastic as the tattooed bloke....

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I'm glad to hear that your son doesn't have it too badly, Twinkletoes. Thanks to you and Lessien for filling us in a little more on OI.

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

rewatching this over xmas because I got that bored.

When stella/lindsay are in the morgue lindsay says flack is meeting her at the location straight after... and when the scene with mac/lindsay is obviously later on due to it cutting to the evening scene... must mean TPTB are havinag few bad editing moments.

4. Fan123

Fan123 Hit and Run

A+ Reality shows will never deliver performances like Carmine can.... to TPTB let's put real actors back to work by getting back to the table for some honest deliberation.

5. msl

msl Dead on Arrival

I agree. I mean that’s what I would have done and have done in the past- is go after my friend. She got the advice of what she was supposed to say and she should have gone and said it. Her just being there near him would have helped. I watched the show on TV than on CBS website...she did not go in the same direction that Danny took off in. And I read this somewhere on the board and I agree that if did not happen on screen or mentioned than it did not happen.

6. chabib86

chabib86 Dead on Arrival

I think Danny brushed Lindsay off because he was such an emotional wreck, and he didn't want her to see him that way.
    Plus, he knows her well, and knows that she's more logical than emotional. I imagine logic is not what he was looking for at the moment.
    Lindsay has, however, empathised with him in the past - RSRD comes to mind, when they share the look through the glass as Danny hands in his badge - that was strong, caring, emotional support there. They seem to have steered away from that with her character though, and Lindsay's "I'm not very good at this" showed how helpless she felt. After all Danny did for her emotionally, she was being called up to the plate, and wanted to be able to help him too... but didn't know how. I really hope she learns in the coming episodes, and is fully there for Danny.
    [After two full seasons of getting Danny and Lindsay together, their relationship needs some serious development. It's struck me as being one-sided this season. Lindsay is in love with Danny, but I've actually wondered at certain points if Danny even likes Lindsay.]

7. Top41

I have to give her props for that--going to him with the DNA before taking it to Mac was very cool of her, and did show she cared about him. She didn't really provide him with a lot of emotional support though, which in hindsight is interesting. Some people are better with actions than words, and I wonder if Lindsay is one of them.

I think whether she gets over her issue with not being "very good at this" will show how much she cares about Danny--or doesn't. Emotionally, Danny is a lot of work I'd imagine--he gets very involved in cases and takes things very personally. I wonder if in the long run Lindsay will want to deal with that.

Danny definitely has seemed standoffish with her this season.

8. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

I noticed that too. It seems to me like she's wanting to announce the fact that they're together and he's more wanting to keep work at work and pleasure off the clock... which is really how it should be. IMHO

9. msl

msl Dead on Arrival

Okay want to correct myself. I re-watch the clip. Lindsay goes off in the same direction as Danny. But I stand by if did happen on screen and was not mention than it did not happen. I would not argue if you say that it was mention when Mac told her what to say but :confused:…I don’t know if that really counts. I realize that the writers can’t give you too much DL because than the show will be more of a soap opera. That was one the things that turned me off of ER.

Back on topic-would have been nice to have a spilt second of them talking in the distance or her telling someone he need sometime to himself. That would have been nice but NOT needed. Love the show they it was written.

10. Top41

^I don't think she went off after him because we would have seen it if she had. I don't think she knew how to deal with Danny, so she kind of put it off.