got any brushes with CSI fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix586141

Hit and Run
ok so has anyone met anyone from CSI or anything like that?

ill start...well a few months back i was in NYC with my acting class and we met this lady named Donna Murphy. she won a few tonys and was in multiple musicals in nyc and the only reason we got to meet her was because she was friends with a girl in my class's dad. anyway, we met her for a few hours and chatted and she got us to go back stage of Sweeney Todd and meet Micheal Cerveris. i knew i recognized them from somewhere but couldnt put my finger on it, so as soon as i got home, i went to IMDB and found out that they were BOTH guest stars on csi!!! donna murphy was the detective in LA in Hollywood Brass, and Micheal Cerveris was the killer in Strip Strangler!!

it was really cool to write them afterwards and be like "i KNEW I SAW YOU SOMEWHERE!!"

~nix

Wow, that would be cool. I haven't met anyone from the cast *big sigh* but I'd really love to- as everyone else here. I only know 1 person who has ever met them. If I'm correct,abc aka Shane has met Marg and Jorja. Lucky guy!

BTW, maybe this thread will be moved to the General CSI Discussion thread.

oh....yeah sorry im new here so i really had no idea where to post this haha...

im use to a crossing jordan forum called coffeerooms where everything is on the same page :-\ so im still kind of lost...

~nix

One of my greatest ambitions is to hug William Petersen, then go jump off a bridge. I waaaannnnnt him... I waaaaaannnnnt him... Sadly, I've never seen a single movie star in the flesh to my knowledge.

no unfortunately not would love 2 meet eric szmanda or any of them really - did see the spitting image of Lady Heather in london today tho - she was giving out flyers for a new club called Underworld - thought it was quite amusing :lol:

Not CSI, yet. My uncle's work requires that I meet a bunch of hot headed hollywood stars. He wants to appear a family man to make better impressions so he likes to have me come to the set (my sister spazzes out way too much whenever she goes). I put up with the boredom in hopes that someday he will get a job on CSI.

Never met any of the "starting eight", but I met Archie Kao and David Berman at a film festival in Hollywood last March. David seems a lot like his character - soft-spoken, brainy, and very nice. I'm still in touch with Archie, who's one of the nicest people I've ever met in any profession...he's a bit different from his character in that the "real" Archie is a bit more high-energy and he's not really tech-savvy...but, like his character, he is very sweet. :cool:

korbjaeger said:
Never met any of the "starting eight", but I met Archie Kao and David Berman at a film festival in Hollywood last March. David seems a lot like his character - soft-spoken, brainy, and very nice. I'm still in touch with Archie, who's one of the nicest people I've ever met in any profession...he's a bit different from his character in that the "real" Archie is a bit more high-energy and he's not really tech-savvy...but, like his character, he is very sweet. :cool:

^^^ Sooo jealous of you!! Archie is dreamy. It's good to know that he's just as nice a guy in RL.

I've never been lucky enough to meet any of the cast but I did have an "almost" moment. I saw the musical Rent at the end of June and the guy who played Roger looked so much like Eric Szmanda that I started frantically flipping through my Playbill to see if it was really him. Alas, it was not to be. *sigh*

nix586141 said:
oh....yeah sorry im new here so i really had no idea where to post this haha...

im use to a crossing jordan forum called coffeerooms where everything is on the same page :-\ so im still kind of lost...

~nix
Welcome, and no worries, So far you are in the correct forum, General discussion forum pertains to discussions on all three shows, so for instance, if this thread went toward I meet so and so from Miami, or New York CSI, then we would move it, if this doesn't vere from LV then it will be fine here.

We will just have to see how it goes. :)

I would love to meet someone from CSI! I get excited when I merely see them on another TV show, I have no clue what I'd do if I saw them. I probably wouldn't have the nerve to go up. I'm so into forensics too that I'd probably start blabbering on about that. They would probably think I was crazy or something. (Which I guess I am, a little bit.) I would really like to go see WP in his new play, when it comes out.

Sadly enough I haven't met anyone from CSI. =[
But I have a friend who did, and I am completly jealous of her. She repeatedly tells me the story to the point where I can tell it in full detail as if I was there. But I'm lucky enough to come across this thread the morning after she has slept at my house. So here it is: She has an aunt who at one point in time was working on CSI doing something or other, I can't really remember. But anyway, her aunt asked her if she'd like to come to the set one day and, of course, she went. While her aunt was working, she kinda just sat around and watched them film. After doing a scene in the lab, some of the cast had a break. So her aunt shows up to where she's sitting and tells her to follow her. Her aunt introduced her to Jorja Fox, Marg Helgenberger, and Robert David Hall. She said that Marg and Jorja are two of the nicest people she's ever met, and Robert is funny. She then told me that she sat and had a very interesting conversation about what happens off the set, and then they all had to go. [This next part she brags about the most and I am the most jealous of it, but I love her for it as well.] She then sat around for a while and Eric Szmanda came over and talked to her. He hugged her, got a picture with her, and sat and had a conversation with her for the longest time. She told me that he asked if she had older sisters as a joke, and she said "No, but I have a friend who is like a year older than me." Then she told him all about me, and he said he would love to meet me. When she told me this I gasped and hugged her. So she basically met everyone that I've always wanted to meet, minus George and Billy P. for the time being, and I'm already jealous enough. So then she tells me that after they're done filming, her and her aunt got to hang out with almost the entire cast until they practically got kicked out. She met and got pictures with every single one of the "starting eight", and more. I'm too jealous of her to even discribe. And Crysthala, she says Billy P gives good hugs.
This friend of mine loves to make everyone jealous. As un-real as it sounds, it happened and I am extremly jealous of her. Rawrrrr.

My life's dream is to meet all of them, plus the actors and actresses from a few other shows and a few famous bands. But mostly I want to meet the cast of CSI and the people from my favorite band, but that's another story.

That friend of mine would be Kait.
And her aunt's first name is Alyssa, I think.
She worked on the set for like a year, she doesn't anymore though.

My uncle apparently just got offered a job on CSI: but he isn't sure if he wants to take it. Ahhhhh after all those years of sitting on the sets of boring shows and movies he might not even take the job on the one show I want him to work on! First no Daily Show because it is in New York and now no CSI for some dumb reason *mad face*. Well he might take it so send me lucky thoughts :).

wow! i would take it in a second! not only to meet them all, but because csi has great writers and i think it would be a blast to act on it.

~nix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back