Flaiden: "Start of Something New"

tanglewood14

CSI Level Two
Title: START OF SOMETHING NEW

(A Flaiden Fic)

By: Tanglewood14

Disclaimer: I do not own Flack and Aiden, the song, CSI:NY and any other what-nots. I own the idea and the story. This is a fic about Flack and Aiden's first meeting and I hope you'd enjoy this. I stayed up late encoding this, so make my work pay off!

AN: This was based on HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. Erm, dunno if you've watched the movie. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Just as long as you could probbably get the story, then that's it. It's okay. I know what your thinking, "High School Musical?!" and you may probably hear the cheese-o-meter running off adn we're not sure if Flaiden have singing skills, but this wild idea just bloomed and I gave it a shot.

It was New Year's Eve, December 31, 2003. Don Flacks was playing basketball in the closed gym with his friend, Danny Messer. The PD and CL were having a party and the two didn't feel like joining the rest.

"Get'cha head in the game, Flack" Danny called
as Flack missed a pass. They heard the gym door open adn saw Mac enter. "Wrap it up, you two, you should be at the party."

"5 more minutes." Danny replied as Flack shot from the 3 point line.

"5 minutes?" Mac asked. "Come on, the new member of our team is here with us tonight." Then he winced, "Take a shower first."

Aiden looked around, feeling out of place. It was technically her first day as a CSI, and her boss, Det. Mac Taylor, told her to attend the party. So far, she's met Stella. Bonasera, said to be part of her team.

Stella excused herself and now Aiden was sitting alone beside the fireplace, reading a book. She looked at her left side and saw the forced competitors in the sing-along. She clapped along with the rest adn the two singers took a bow and left the stage. The emcee came back up and did his job. "Once again, another round of applause for Detectives Ron Alba and Anne Gabriel." Some detectives howled for Det. Ron Alba who made the "rock on" sign with his hands. "Give it up for our dog pound as well." The emcee pointed in the direction of the detectives howling. "Now, let's make the spotlght do its works and find our next 'idols'."

Everyone laughed light-heartedly adn by surprise, the spotlight was shinning on Aiden, who gasped, "No!". Before she could protest any further, Stella was already pulling her towards the platform. "But, no, Stella, I can't sing. Not in public." But Stella wouldn't listen.

Flack couldn't believe it. Sure, he could sing, but he didn't do it in public. He found himself standing next to a very pretty girl who looked like a cross of Michelle Rodriguez and Angelina Jolie, his supposed singing partner.

"But, guys, I can't sing." He said as he was handed a mic. "Uh-oh, no choice." He whispered to himself. A piano intro started slow and the lyrics flashed, indicating he should start.

"Livin' in my own world, didn't understand. That anything can happen, when you take a chance." There was a pause, signaling his partner to start singing. When she didn't, Flack almost walked away. When suddenly...

"I never believed in what I couldn't see, I never opened my heart to all the possibilities."

"Wow," Flack thought, "Girl's got an amazing voice."

"I know", they sang together.

"That something has changed" came back her voice.

"Never felt this way", as their voices harmonized.

"And right here tonight" she sang.

"This could be the", they were singing together now, "Start of something new".

He drifted off for a line to hear her voice again. "It feels so right to be here with you, oh, and now lookin' in your eyes" and they DID look at each other. "I feel in my heart, the start of something new."

Flack was grinning from ear to ear, admiring at how good they were. He was gaining momentum, "Now who'd ever thought that," he took her hand as they sang together, "We'd be both here tonight, yeah."

He smiled as she sang solo, "The world looks so much brighter", and he joined in, "With you by my side. I know, that something has changed, never felt this way, I know it's for real. This could be the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you, oh. And now, lookin' in your eyes, I feel it in my heart, the start of something new."

"I never knew that it could happen, " he sang alone, "Till it happen to me."

"I didn't know it before, " back to duet, "But now it's easy to see."

"It's the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you, oh. And now, lookin' in your eyes, I feel it in my heart, the start of something new."

The song ended adn the crowd cheered and howled, Flack smiled. He extended his hand to his duet partner, "Hi, I'm Don. Don Flack." She smiled as she took his hands, "Nice to meet you, Don Flack."

There was a loud cheer and Flack looked to see the 10 second countdown. 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2...1... 0... It was 2004.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your--" Flack looked back, not finding The Girl.

It was back to work for Flack as the holidays ended. He still never got the name of the girl he sang with during the New Year's Eve party. He checked his watch, it was 10:25 pm. Flack stifled a yawn as his cell beeped. It was dispatch, 419 in front of Hammerstein Ballroom. As he got there, he found out that a wrestling event was held there. A show of ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling). Their vic looked like a fan. What a bloody mess.

The uniformed officer approached Flack, who was kneeling in front of the DB. "CSI should be here any minute. Gotta wait for an Aiden Burn."

30 seconds later, Flack heard a car pull over, the driver getting out, Flack, guessed it was the CSI. "Hey, man." Flack turned around, confused at the same time surprised, "You're a girl." At the same time, Aiden said with a smirk, "Don Flack... El Divo."

They smiled at each other. Then Flack held out a hand, "I'm sorry, 2003 came by and I never formally met you." Aiden took his hand with a laugh, "My name's Aiden Burn. Well, Det. Burn, if you must."
Flack chuckled and pointed at the DB. "Well, this could be the start of something new."

END

AN: That's it for now, it's only part one. It might be a four-part series, we'll see. And see how I was able to squeeze in my other fandom (pro-wrestling)? Unlike my other fics, Flack doesn't get the girl easily, he'll be playing the underdog card here. Reviews, please!

Back