Fishburne And Malkovich Considered

CSI Files

Captain
Las Vegas has a vacancy to fill.<p>With the news that <font color=yellow>William Petersen</font> (Gil Grissom) is <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/150708_01.shtml">leaving</a> <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> during the upcoming ninth season, the show is searching for a replacement. CBS has considered high profile actors such as <font color=yellow>Laurence Fishburne</font> and <font color=yellow>John Malkovich</font> to portray a new character. "He's not going to fill Billy's position," a spokeswoman told the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.nypost.com/">New York Post</a>, "but it's going to be a two-part episode."<p>As previously reported, the character will start as a professor who specializes in pathology. Eventually, after helping the team solve the case in the two-part episode, the character will become a CSI. "It's all under discussion," said a production source. However, that doesn't mean Petersen will be gone forever. "Billy does plan to come back," the spokeswoman explained, and he will stay on as an executive producer for the show.<p>"It's not the end of the show. There's a lot of good stuff coming up," the spokeswoman said. In addition to the new male character, <I>CSI</I> will welcome a new female CSI, played by <font color=yellow>Lauren Lee Smith</font>. Smith's character, Riley Adams, is replacing Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) in the crime lab. Fox left the show last season, but she will be returning for the first three episodes of season nine. The actress may also return to be part of Grissom's exit later in the season.<p>The original article is from the <A class="link" HREF="http://www.nypost.com/seven/07162008/tv/csi_must_replace_grissom_120089.htm">New York Post</a>.<center></center>

I'll vote for Laurence Fishburne, he's good and convincing in all his roles. I recently saw him in "21" with Kevin Spacey [who I'd love to see on CSI] as the eye in the sky security guy and he busted these counting card sharks, and also he was fabulous in "Bobby" as a head cook, and then there's his outstanding role as Ike Turner, in 'What's Love Got To Do With It" riveting performance, he can pull it off, very versatile actor:thumbsup:

I think John Malkovich would be cool, he's different than Billy, and way different then David Caruso, and Gary Sinise. And Him and Gary are friends so maybe they'd finally do a Vegas/NY crossover episode. And I'd be really curious to see how he'd play the same charcter.

I thought they already confirmed that John Malkovich had turned down the offer?

Would be really cool if they could get him, though. I've liked him since Dangerous Liaisons. He's a fine actor, one of those great performers who can play all kinds of roles. I wouldn't mind seeing him on CSI at all. :)

Last edited:
Michael Chiklis "The Shield"

It would be a real treat if they will include Michael Chiklis on CSI Miami. I want Michael to be included in Horatio's team or he could replace "Stetler"

What do you think guys?

Back