favourite seaside places

RoosCSILover said:
Hmm mine is in Yalikavak (near Bodrum), in Turkey. The bay is so beautiful, the water is so deep and I love the animals swimming in there. :)
RoosCSILover i think we share the same taste about seasides but i recommend u the beautiful seasides of Cesme esp. Dalyan and of course :D my homeland Oren-in Burhaniye/Balikesir--I hope you come and see what i'm talking about
p.s:i don't say it to only Roos but all of you ;)

From experience I have to say the town of Halkida and the island of Spetses, both in Greece. In Halkida you feel like you're walking on the streets of Hawaii because of the palm trees and the fact the the ocean is only a few steps away. There are tons of beaches there to satisfy your swimming needs. Plus, there are tons of night markets in which you could pick up some swimming clear, fashionable items of clothing or jerseys to show you're support of the national team and your favourite Greeks clubs. It's fairly reasonable price wise there, especially for a Greek girl like me who lives in Canada :lol:.

With Spetses you can enter as many shops as you want and still have this huge body of water right there. Also, there are tons of hidden stores and resturants to be explored. You can enjoy a fresh dish of kalamari while watching the sun set and the waves crash. There's this little store that sells glasses, mugs & Orthodox religious figurnes. I picked up a Panathinaikos coffee mug and a huge clear beer mug that said Spetses in Greek. If you're ever in a romantic mood you can take a horse drawn carriage alongside the boats on the plank. It's a great tourist place and a even better underrated island.

From photos I have to saw the isles of Santorini which is part of the Cyclades islands in Greece. I mean, there's black sand on the beaches due to the valcano erruption many, many years ago and the myth of Atlantis exists there. Also, Santorini is famous for it's spectacular sunsets and whitewashed buildings. Santorini is actually the place where Lena from The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants film spent her summer. I believe the beginning of the second Tomb Raider film was filmed there as well. Plus, there are donkeys to take you down and around the town :lol:.

hey jorja i like your description it's like i've been there myself-but unfortunately not-even though it's too close to me...i hope i can see the places you told one day...you know hope never dies :)

Santa Barbara, California...love the laid-back atmosphere, scenery, local restaurants and wines...

Carmel, California...spectacular natural scenery and some very nice, cozy inns to stay at.

Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii...Despite being a bit crowded and touristy, still a beautiful and scenic beach, though I look forward to the day I can go to Maui since I hear that island is FULL of beautiful beaches...

Weston-super-Mare in England, U.K. My home town is a seaside town and I love it. Shame I live away from it now but I still get to visit as my parents live there still. Otherwise Blackpool and Great Yarmouth are my other favourites.

girl_of_aegean said:
RoosCSILover said:
Hmm mine is in Yalikavak (near Bodrum), in Turkey. The bay is so beautiful, the water is so deep and I love the animals swimming in there. :)
RoosCSILover i think we share the same taste about seasides but i recommend u the beautiful seasides of Cesme esp. Dalyan and of course :D my homeland Oren-in Burhaniye/Balikesir--I hope you come and see what i'm talking about
p.s:i don't say it to only Roos but all of you ;)

yeah Yalikavak is an awesome place! I really enjoy spending my holiday there :)

and I love Balikesir!I have been there a couple of times!

I love travelling :D My favourite seaside place would definatly be Cancun Mexico. Its my favourite place in the world too :lol:

I also love Florida :)

Back