Favorite Movie qoutes

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SaraSidleStokes, Jun 27, 2006.

1. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

Yes I Was looking for this the other day

Heres some POTC lines I actually remember
    Captain Barbosa: "I'm desinclined to acquese Your Request That means no"

then Later on in the movie
    Captain Barbosa: The captain Requests that You be joining him for Dinner and that you'll be wearing this" *holds up a Dress*
    Elizabeth: well You tell the Captain I"m disenclined to Acquese his request ..that Means No"
    Captain Barbosa: "He thought You'd be saying that In that case you'll be dining with the Crew and You'll be Naked"
    Captain Barbosa: "Thank you Jack"
    Jack Sparrow: "you're welcome:
    Captain Barbosa: "Not you we named the Monkey Jack"

and from the Princess Diaries
    Princess Mia: "Just in case I'm not enough of a Freak already Lets add a Tiara"
    Mia's Friend (I forget her name): hey ,hey Wait up *she's running a group of girls stop and look at her* Not You I dont even Know You

2. speedmonkey2

speedmonkey2 Head of the Graveyard Shift

SSS Mia's friend's name was Lilly. ANd I love those Shrek 2 quotes. "Looks like you mostly certainly am are!" Now I want to watch that movie lol.

Gone With The Wind

Rhett Butler: Frankly my dare I don't give a damn

Big Momma's House 2

Woman: You stole my mine
    Leah Fuller: Is that true Big Momma?
    Big Momma: Well, I know I gave him back

Leah Fuller: I know I am particular but I am going to try to be more flexiable *takes a piece of lint off the woman's shirt*

3. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

Never Been Kissed
    Josie: I'm 25 years old. I'm an undercover reporter for the Chicago Sun Times...

4. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

Thanks SM now I feel stupid after all that is one of my Favorite Movies and its Disney I know pretty much everything there is to know about Disney

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

From the original Shrek
    Donkey: When this is over, I'm going to need A LOT of therapy!

6. csikicksurass

csikicksurass Captain

disney is the best sss, the goofy movie is my 2 favorite movie ever!!!!!

the goofy movie

bobby "look it's the leaning tower of cheesa"

pete "well a sarendippidey do dah"

goofy "i guess i'll go anole then, sit in the boat ALL ALONE, go fishing ALL ALONE, talk to my self"
    max "have fun"

goofy "what ever the map says we will follow"
    max "thats very mistickle dad"

7. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

Shrek
    Donkey: I took some magic potion stuff, and now I'm sexy!

Mean Girls
    Regina: Get in, loser. We're going shopping!

Regina: ...And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her hair was cut off and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's on crack. :lol:

Monsters Inc.
    Mike: Can I borrow your odorant?
    Sulley: Yeah, I got, uh, smelly garbage or old dumpster.
    Mike: You got, uh, low tide?
    Sulley: No.
    Mike: How about wet dog?
    Sulley: Yep. Stink it up.

POTC 1
    Jack Sparrow: A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around.

Jacoby: I'm gonna teach you the meaning of pain.
    Elizabeth: You like pain?
    [hits pirate in the head with a pole]
    Elizabeth: Try wearing a corset. :lol: :lol:

Jack Sparrow: Stop blowing holes in my ship!

Jack Sparrow: [Imitating Elizabeth] "It must have been terrible for you, Jack. Must have been terrible." Well, it bloody is now!
    [Seeing Norrington's ship off shore]
    Jack Sparrow: There'll be no living with her after this.

Jack Sparrow: [Wakes up and sees Elizabeth burning the rum] No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You burned all the food, the shade... the rum!
    Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.
    Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
    Elizabeth: One: because it is a *vile* dring that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me, do you think there is even the slightest chance they wont see it?
    Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?

Mullroy: Not breathing.
    Jack Sparrow: Move.
    [Jack slits the ties on Elizabeth's corset and rips it off, causing Elizabeth to regain consciousness, and spit out a lot of water]
    Mullroy: Never would have though of that.
    Jack Sparrow: Clearly you've never been to Singapore.

POTC 2 (spoilers in these quotes if you haven't seen the movie!)

Elizabeth Swann: Let's just pull out our swords and start banging away at each other!

Elizabeth Swann: Oh! Oh the heat! [pretends to faint, then opens one eye and sees the men still fighting, sighs and sits up] FINE!

Jack Sparrow: Where is it? Where's the thump-thump?

Jack Sparrow: Look! [shoots monkey] An Undead monkey. Top that!

Pintel: You don't even know how to read!
    Ragetti: It's The Bible, You get credit for trying!

Jack Sparrow: [sing-song] I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it?

As you can tell I'm a big POTC fan. :D

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Cramden: Your code book.
    Derek Flint: If you don't mind, sir, I prefer to use my own personal code.
    Cramden: But I would rather you use the government code.
    Derek Flint: I already know mine. It's a mathematical progression, 40-26-36. It's based on...
    Cramden: I can imagine what it's based on.

Cramden: Flint, the world's in trouble!
    Derek Flint: Well, it usually is, but it manages to extricate itself without my help.

Derek Flint: I don't need any men.
    Cramden: You said you were joining the team.
    Derek Flint: But the team's not joining me.

Hotlips O'Houlihan: I wonder how such a degenerated person ever reached a position of authority in the Army Medical Corps.
    Father Mulcahy: He was drafted.

Capt. Marston: Who are you guys?
    Hawkeye Pierce: I'm Dr. Jekyll, actually, and this is my friend, Mr. Hyde.
    Trapper John: Grrrr!

9. kito_of_typhoon

kito_of_typhoon Prime Suspect

I wonder that now one before mentioned "Fight Club":

Narrator: With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels.

Tyler Durden: I want you to do me a favor.
    Narrator: Yeah, sure...
    Tyler Durden: I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Narrator: We have front row seats for this theater of mass destruction. The demolition committee of Project Mayhem wrapped the foundation columns of a dozen buildings with blasting gelatin. In two minutes, primary charges will blow base charges and a few square blocks will be reduced to smoldering rubble. I know this... because Tyler knows this.

Tyler Durden: The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Narrator: A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
    Business woman on plane: Are there a lot of these kinds of accidents?
    Narrator: You wouldn't believe.
    Business woman on plane: Which car company do you work for?
    Narrator: A major one.

Narrator: You met me at a very strange time in my life.

ThereĀ“re so much good lines in that movie but I have to stick to those ones

Cosmo: I cannot kill my friend.
    [to his henchman]
    Cosmo: Kill my friend.

Martin Bishop: Carl?
    Carl: [helium voice] I'd like to have a deep relationship with a beautiful woman who melts from the very first time our eyes meet.
    [others laughing]
    Martin Bishop: We're not getting paid that much, Carl.
    Carl: Well, you know, someone like Liz.
    Martin Bishop: We're definitely not getting paid that much.

Mitchell Goosen: Mitchell Goosen at your service. Don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Don't care. As long as I live near the beach and don't have to wear a tie. Then I'll be stylin'.
    Augie: St-st-stylin?
    Mitchell Goosen: Let me tell you about stylin'. I'm talkin', the perfect A-frame wave spittin' salt water in your face. I call it 'liquid draino, wanna be bullwinkle', I tell you no lies, my friends. It's the consciousness.

Truman: Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Christof: I know you better than you know yourself.
    Truman: You never had a camera in my head!

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

From Highlander

It's better to burn out than to fade away

11. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

I have a question for the Mods
    I have alot of Favorite Pirates 2 qoutes that I love But since its out in a theater would they be considered Spoilers? cause if so I wont post them

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Would you mind sending me a PM of them? :)

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

IMDB has some POTC2 quotes here. I don't know if you will consider them favorites or not. They have over 70 quotes. I am one or the five or six people in the world that hasn't seen it yet. After those 70 quotes, is there anything left in the script?

14. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Yes there is, it's a very good film, I advise seeing it immediately! LOL

Okay more quotes:

Love Actually

This line here may be the most beautiful and true thing ever spoken.
    Prime Minister: Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

Colin: I'm going to America!!!
    Tony: You'll come back a broken man!
    Colin: Yeah, back broken from too much sex.

Harry: Right, the Christmas party. Not my favourite night of the year and your unhappy job to organise.
    Mia: So tell me.
    Harry: Pretty basic really. Find a venue, overorder on the drinks, bulk buy the guacamole and advise the girls to avoid Kevin if they want their breasts unfondled.

Colin: I'm on Shag Highway heading West.

This one may be the most romantic thing ever, and I MELT every time I watch it.

[on sheets of poster board]
    Mark: [on sheets of poster board] With any luck, by next year - I'll be going out with one of these girls.
    [shows pictures of beautiful supermodels]
    Mark: But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda - Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth - To me, you are perfect - And my wasted heart will love you - Until you look like this
    [picture of a mummy]
    Mark: Merry Christmas

Billy Mack: Christmas is a time for people with someone they love in their lives.

Karen: So what's this big news, then?
    Daisy: [excited] We've been given our parts in the nativity play. And I'm the lobster.
    Karen: The lobster?
    Daisy: Yeah!
    Karen: In the nativity play?
    Daisy: [beaming] Yeah, *first* lobster.
    Karen: There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?
    Daisy: Duh.

Billy Mack: Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free.

[Natalie, a secretary, is greeting the Prime Minister]
    Natalie: Hello, David. I mean "sir". Shit, I can't believe I've just said that. Oh, and now I've gone and said "shit" - twice. I'm so sorry, sir.
    Prime Minister: It's fine, it's fine. You could've said "fuck", and then we'd have been in real trouble.
    Natalie: Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was going to fuck up on the first day.[claps hands over her mouth] Oh, piss-it!

Sam: Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love!

[to a portrait of Margaret Thatcher, regarding falling in love with Natalie]
    Prime Minister: Did you ever have this kind of problem? Yeah - of course you did, you saucy minx.

15. SaraSidleStokes

SaraSidleStokes Captain

No worries I think I wont post them here cause I dont want to ruin anything for the others (they arent really spoiler Persay but I've decided Just not to use them)