Far too much money spent!

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Guest, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello from England! (Newbie here, first post)

I've always watched CSI when i've gotten the chance, but unfortunately that's not as often as I would like to as it is an excellent series.

So today, after much consideration, I decided to go ahead and order Series 1 - 4, Miami Series 1, and the Grave Danger DVDs. My bank balance is NOT happy, but I have a feeling it will have been money well spent, and not to mention will look great across a shelf in my living room.

So, which episodes should I look out for?

And also, I need some reassurance that spending £170/$300 on DVDs was a clever thing to do :(

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome to the nut house, Mozzer. Lots of people addicted... er... devoted to CSI on this board.

I do not usually go out and buy DVDs of TV series becuase most of them will be rerun for the next thousand years or so. But if you like to watch them at times you prefer, without commercial interruption, in the order of episodes you like, then go for it. But when Mission: Impossible television series from the late sixties comes out, if ever, then I will buy it. Those haven't been shown locally for many years.

I buy the CSI paperback novels, since they are new stories with the same characters. I had bought a couple of the graphic novels (Overpriced comic books on better quality paper). They were good, but I went through them in about 10 to 15 minutes each. Too expensive for the little amount of enjoyment.

As for which episodes to look out for, personal opinions vary for each one. What you can do is check out this board's CSI Episode Guide for descriptions of each one. If you lose the link, it is at the top of every page. Hope this helps. Have fun.

3. MrsWBrown

MrsWBrown Police Officer

Well I have all LV on DVD, I've even ordered Season five, and I love them I watch all the time, I have to say though that having the DVD's has spoiled me, now if I watch it on TV, I don't expect the commercials and if I miss something I reach for the remote to rewind it, until I realize it's not DVD, but I think it was a good buy for me but everyone's different. As for good episodes I like them all :D

I'm a little obsessed :D

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I am glad to have stumbled upon this thread as I see that I am not the only one with a serious CSI memorabilia fetish. I have all the DVDs (1-5), all the paperback books, as well as the graphic novels, five CSI tee shirts, a CSI backpack in which I carry my Forensic Science and Criminal Justice textbooks to school, a CSI logo pullover, a CSI coffee mug, CSI trading cards, a Paul Guilfoyle keychain, two autographed Paul Guilfoyle trading cards, a CSI checkbook cover, a CSI wall clock, a CSI ball cap, an autographed photo of William Petersen, the cast autographed pilot script, and last but not least the CSI cast photo autographed by William Petersen, Marg Helgenbeger, Jorja Fox, George Eads, Gary Dourdan and that most adorable man Paul Guilfoyle. I currently have a CSI watch on order, and I also have other CSI stuff, but not from the show per se. I have a fingerprint chart, a DNA poster, a CSI poster, several forensic books and manuals (not including my textbooks) and a No Parking sign that reads, “Forensic Scientist Parking Only.”

Have I spent too much money? Well, I could have bought textbooks for an entire school quarter, but my CSI memorabilia is fun to wear or look at, and it is a great way to decorate my study. Besides, I worked hard for my money, and I enjoy every one of these things. It’s a better way to spend my money than on booze and dope as far as I am concerned! So don’t let anyone give you a hard time about your CSI merchandise!

5. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

bcejan12, you sound like the CSI version of a Trekkie. We've got to come up with a name for us fans.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, we do need a special fan name for we CSI buffs. Do you have any ideas?

BTW, I am a Trekker as well!

7. Danny Caine

Danny Caine Misha's Minion Premium Member

Holy Cow! that's alot of Merchindise. :eek:

8. lane

lane Police Officer

bcejan12, you must be keeping your merchandise in a safe.

Hmm...why don't CSI fans call themselves criminalists? Or wannabes. Or something that sounds as cool as Trekkies.

9. Sandersgal4lyfe

Sandersgal4lyfe Lab Technician

I only have a little bit of CSI stuff, like the board game, 2 novels, and a home-made csi picture shirt. but i have like 25 csi things on my birthday list *smirks*

BTW: What are "Trekkies" ???

10. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

"Trekkies" are Star Trek devotees... which makes us erm, "crminalists" like how lane has suggested! :lol:

I only have Season 1 - 5 dvds of CSI: LV, a CSI 'Jack the Ripper' graphic novel; and I'm still waiting for the stuff I ordered off ebay to arive: a 'FORENSICS' jacket, 'Grave Danger' dvd special edition (I think), and a CSI companion book. :) And the hundreds of CSI photos I saved into my hard drive. Does that count? :lol:

11. bambam950

bambam950 Coroner

my mum has spent about £144 on my dvds and then about £100 more on my other csi stuff

12. Guest

Guest Guest

could be called "CSIS" - pronounced (s-eyes)
    okay that was lame as if CSI could be a pural

i'll be quiet now :p

13. pirate_jimbob

pirate_jimbob Hit and Run

Well i managed to get all 4 seasons of LV on sale in HMV for about £80 total & then I got the complete season 5 for £9.99 (ebay). I also have the LV board game (£2.99, ebay), all 3 LV pc games (£1.99, £3.99 & 99p, ebay), LV series 1 & 2 basic trading card sets for £5 each (ebay), the companion book for £9.99 (whsmiths sale), and a csi t-shirt (50p at car boot sale).

14. Guest

Guest Guest

ya kno, i too am a newbie to this forum stuff, (third or so post), but i would like to comment to something. I luv CSI and I like everything CSI, but when it comes to the DVD, i Do Not waste my money on them. I did a little study of my own and i found buying all the DVD sets would cost over 300 dollars, just for LV. I started downloading the eppy's off of a downloading website and it may take a while, but if you have highspeed it is fast and conserves money. I just thought i would get a tip in. Good Luck!

15. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I copied this from the board rules

Talking about downloading episodes is not allowed on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.