Exam Results..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by LemonJelly06, Aug 16, 2007.

1. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^I HATE it when they say that the exams are getting easier. It's like you ****** do it, THEN you can bloody make a decision. Grr. :rolleyes:
    My exams were definitely not easy at all. :lol: :p

2. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Yeah! Mine sure as hell weren't either. They just can't stand the fact that we're getting smarter. ;)

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Me and my nearly 100 credits got confirmation that we will be moving and starting uni on Monday :D :D

One question... you all get to universities (or so) depending on your final exams? Because here those help, but you still need to take entrance exam (except if you are some kind of master genius.. areas such as physics and you decide to take that in Uni)

4. eggbe4thechicken

^ You talking to us Brits? :p
    In general we don't have to do an entrance exam. Some universities want an interview, like Oxford, Cambridge. If you're doing a vet science or a medical course then you need to take extra exams AND an interview. Oh, and music courses mostly need an audition too.
    Everything else (there will be exceptions) you get in from your A level results, which take two years to get. You apply to 6 universities, and they reply with the grades they want you to get. Then from that you choose your first and second choice unis (declining offers from other unis) and then you just wait on your results. :)

I've explained that really badly. It's not that complicated. :lol: This is the route I've taken, and most people do. There are other qualifications that I know nothing about that can get you into uni too.

5. LemonJelly06

The Vet or Medical exam for Cambridge and Oxford is the UKCAT test or something isn't it? 2 of my friends did it, one for medicine and one for vetinary. Neither got in, but... I think Oxford and Cambridge are over-rated. ;) hah.
    And I HATE the UCAS system you're speaking about there Eggy.
    Congrats on going to Uni DaWacko!! :D :D

6. eggbe4thechicken

HA! ...something like that. ;)
    Yeah, there are a tonne of them right? There are also Advanced Education Awards (is that right?), AEAs anyway, a bunch of people did them at my school. Not me, I'm a dunce. :lol: :rolleyes:
    I haven't had any problems with the UCAS system, I'm not doing anything complicated though. (like gap years. :p)

7. LemonJelly06

Pish! Gap years aren't complicated, UCAS just bothers me. The only reason I say they're over-rated is cause i'm jealous i'd never get in one of them. Though it's not the end of the world that I cant, i'm happy with my plan. OO Egg! I'm hopefully doing a BA in policing, and in my second year I get to do crime scene investigating, which I totally didn't know til I was told. It's just added to my already awesome course. Plus I may do a computing course on the side, wootwoot! So happy! :D