Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Like her, more episodes for us fans to skip watching, so that we can spend more time on our work/family.

I wanted to ask a few questions but none came up. Never even thought of what Eva/Natalia fans can look forward too (well NOTHING anyway :rolleyes:), way too many uncertainty and rubbish.

None of Eva/Natalia fans are "somewhat disappointed", everyone is extremely disappointed. We will never support such actions nor it is ever ok.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I must admit,that even though it's Emily who is my favourite female, I like Eva too and I am disappointed. Thank you Shane for the interview! But I have a feeling that Eva is disappointed too with that situation. There is way too little women in CSI Miami and too many men in comparison. Looks like CBS doesn't listen to it's fans and we blame writers for that. It does look like Ann Donahue is a good, supporting manager though. 2 seasons ago she helped Adam to return to the series and now she helped to get one more episode to Natalia. I wonder by the way if she would be missing 3 episodes if it was 22 episodes per season...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well Eva confirmed what we thought, that she has had a reduced role for three seasons now. Last season was the exception because of Emily's pregnancy. I think the kind thing to tell everyone is that it is for budget purposes. But we all know that Eva's salary has little if any impact on the budget. My guess is that CBS is simply getting tired of her character or someone in management just doesn't like her. That happens. At least we are getting 19 episodes, one more than expected! And three less episodes isn't that bad. There are at least three episodes every season where my favorite character, Ryan, is pretty much written out or has a reduced screentime. Hugely disappointing but nothing we can do about it.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

:rolleyes:

^^ Highly doubt it's because they're tired of the character or that they don't like her. If that was the case then they could've - and would have - just gotten rid of the character completely. Sounds to me that *that* is just how you feel so you suspect they feel the same. It's no secret you dislike the character - I'm not even sure why you're throwing out excuses/reasons for all this...especially in this thread, where fans come in support of Eva.

5. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

If CBS are getting tired of Eva or someone in management doesn't like her then wouldn't the same be said of Jon? After all, his screentime has been less than everybody's for years now.

Onto the interview, wish it could have been longer and the Eric and Calleigh question wasn't asked. The last interview with Jon something similar was asked also. Its bad enough the story affects the other characters in the show, there's no need for every interviewer to ask another cast member about it!

The fact Eva is missing 3 episodes is extremely disappointing. Surely they could have made time for everybody? But I'm forgetting, this is CSI Miami writers we're talking about!

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

He asked this question because he asked about Natalia's personal life as well and EC thing is the only personal thing (not) going on in the show at the moment. The story doesn't affect any of the characters in the show because is non-existant for 2 seasons now. I am glad he asked this question.
    It's not easy to be a journalist, because every reader or wiever has different opinion of what should or not should be asked in the interview.:rolleyes: Shane is one of VERY few sources of the news and interviews regarding CSI Miami at the moment and he is doing a great job.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Natalia's personal life was questioned because it was an interview with EVA LARUE. Just because her personal life was questioned, doesn't mean that any other "personal life" (existant or non-existant) should have to be addressed either.

I agree, it's been great having a real source for the show - especially one who isn't biased or who does it only because they're more of a fan of one particular character/storyline/actor.
    But I'd have to give a big fat pass on the e/c questions -- I can only imagine what Eva really wanted to say in responce. ;)

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It really could have been left at Natalia's personal life,what she would like to see in the future,if some issues would be revisted,etc. There wasn't a need for the E/C question.
    I won't get into the effects on other characters.

Eva has pretty much had less screentime ,even less than Jon with the exception of last season.
    It is very disappointing. Definitely thinks time could be made for everyone.

9. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

Yes, this is a very disappointing interview. (Budget, really? I wonder, how much will they save writing Eva out of three episodes?) It seems Miami's future isn't shining for now:(

Adamsgirl
    I think writers simply can't satisfy all of us. If they give one characher more screentime the others charachters' fans start yelling -it's endless fight.

10. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

I wasn't dissing the interviewer at all, so please don't misconstrue what I said. I just didn't feel that once again a question about E/C should be asked. I personally wanted the interview to be longer because I love Eva's interviews whether it be in print or on film. However, I do realise that we don't know the circumstances surrounding the interview.

I still don't buy this CBS budget thing for the "excuse" as I do feel the same "excuse" could be said about Jon as his screentime has been just as shocking. It's getting better, true but it's not nearly enough (Blown Away anybody?)

I don't doubt that CBS is behind this but not because they dislike Eva or are tired of her but for the simple matter that CBS does not like women period. If they're "worried" about budget then wouldn't it make more sense to reduce another character such as Adam, Emily, David? Of all the cast, those 3 would have the bigger salary, right?

If that's true, then replacing Eva with Emily is clearly the wrong move money wise. (This is nothing against Emily so please don't come at me guys). I'll go back to the fact that CBS does not like women. Miami is quite a male driven show, we need a little female action in there. 1 female and 4 male cast members, plus the male lab techs just doesn't make sense to me.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It does seem CBS have a thing against women -- AJ Cook, Paget Brewster, Liz Vassey, Melina K. .....all this, including the beginning of Eva's decreased episodes, happened around the same time. All of those women are fan favorites. Don't know what the hell is wrong with this network, but they better fix it.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I asked that question for a reason. Eva and I were discussing earlier what kind of tweets she gets and that question was in response to the high-amount of Eric/Calleigh related questions she receives. To be perfectly frank, I don't give one rat's ass about the pairing. :lol: I could have easily gone without asking it, but oh well. :rolleyes:

Trying to ask questions in regards to her and the character of Natalia was frustrating because there's honestly not much going on. She could have answered, "Oh, well... I put on a latex glove in episode thirteen!" but is that information the fans care about?

Appreciate those saying they like the interviews I push out. Different strokes for different folks...

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well that was a needless attack and totally disappointed in you. I am trying to understand the reduced air time by offering an explanation because I don't buy the budget cut explanation. And I don't appreciate you assuming I have a hidden agenda against Eva/Natalia. Eva happens to be my second favorite on the show, behind Ryan/Jon. And I don't appreciate you saying I don't belong on her thread.
    And this is a more logical explanation than mine? To think that an entire corporation is against women as opposed to maybe one or two in upper management?

SpookyLights--thanks for the interview! Since we all seem to be at a loss for a good explanation, do you have an opinion on why Natalia/Eva is being cut back?

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Eva looking so sweet & beautiful at Beckstrand Gala where she was host. A true beautiful person inside & out! :)

[​IMG]

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Very beautiful indeed! Are there photos of Jon, Omar, or Adam? I can't seem to find any photos online yet and Film Magic requires registration.