Erica Sykes (News Nemesis)

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Sphinx, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Erica Sykes should continue to be in at least a few of the CSI:Miami episodes. If you don't recognize the name, she is the blond reporter who Calleigh called sweet pea. She is a great nemesis for the csis. They should have some nemesis that are not criminals. There seems to be a natural conflict between reporters and the police department. Lets hope we see more of her in the future.

2. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Ya know, in a way, I agree with you. She bugs the living crap out of me, but she is no different than a lot of reporters in larger markets trying to get the big story. They shouldn't have her every week like they were doing in season 4 it seemed, but from time to time she can appear.

3. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

She's the one that got involved with Wolfe.....she talks too much...........he was stupid enogh to spill the info to her, which in the end got him in deep trouble.

4. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

yeah. i agree. she adds a good conflict of interest for the CSIs and you're right she is a sort of nemesis that isn't a criminal. she's always looking for some way to put down the lab....kinda like Stetler. who is another non criminal nemesis. i wonder what would happen if the two of them plotted something to bring the lab down together?

5. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

Re: Erica Sykes (New Nemesis)

Oh thats what we in the lab call bad chemistry.
    Causes a negative reaction.

Not not to mention IAB + the media = TROUBLE.

Especially with guys like Stetler( bastard) who never keeps their mouth shut, plus a curios reporter, the info could leak all over, which can't be good for the lab- cause then they would have to find evidence to prove themselves innocent(not that theyre busy enough already with the cases).

But anyway, guys like stetler - they're just paper work, really annoying.

6. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I have never thought of Stetler and Sykes teaming up. That would spell real trouble for the team. I enjoyed the bad chemistry comment. Maybe Ricky Riaz, the other reporter, could be paroled and join her. He was the reporter who was in Dispo Day. I don't know if anyone remembers him.

7. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:eek:From her first appearance on the show I thought Erica should become a confidante of Stetler.

:rolleyes:She could feed him tidbits reflecting poorly on the team; he could dangle the promise of a 'story' when he busts the lab.

:devil:And, if we want to run this line for the whole season, they could become a couple. Certainly they're a matched set!

8. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

oh you mean Enrique Rayas? yeah i remember him. he shot that girl from across the street and then when Calleigh went to investigate where the shot came from she got dosed with Cocaine!! hilarious!!!

but anyways back on topic.....ok now how many of you think that Ryan used to date Erica? after all he did say she was pretty. in Three Way remeber? Eric made this comment about Erica being Ryan's girlfriend and Ryna was all nervous and said something like "She's not my girlfriend, she's very pretty, so..."

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I am a little confused about that because I was under the impression that Ryan and Erica were dating, but then later Ryan said she wasn't dating. They could have had dinner once or twice without being a couple.

10. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

Actually it was on and off thing.

P.S.

How do you post videos/ links to a video......???

11. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

you're not allowed to the Mods/Feds don't allow links to fanvids in the forum unless it's from CBS.

12. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Actually, the Attention 'YouTube' Fans thread stipulates that any content relating to CSI:Miami from YouTube may be posted and it no longer has to be only from CBS. :)

CSIMIAMI, if you need help with posting links, please don't hesitate to send either Lucy or myself a PM or you can view the Info&Help thread which outlines posting links. :)

13. CSIMIAMI

CSIMIAMI Hit and Run

Thank you, speed_cochrane .

But i dont think it going to nesessary,the link is actually neither CBS or Youtube. It actually comes from the official website. Unfortunatly, this may not work afterall.

14. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

oh really? cool!!! now i can post all my CaRWash and Hardy Boys vids in the shipper thread!! Yay!!! and My Speed rememberance vid!!! yay!!!

but back on topic....

here's a great quote from Ryan about Erica

Ryan:she's a case against the first amendment.

you know that's so true!!

15. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

I think Speed would have liked that comment. It reminds me of something he would have said.