Eric Szmanda

CSI Files

Captain
When <font color=yellow>Eric Szmanda</font> took the role of eager young lab technician Greg Sanders, he had no idea that four-and-a-half years later he would be a regular on the show, with his character about to take his final proficiency test to become a full-fledged crime scene investigator. Szmanda is eager to explore the challenges that Greg's new role will bring, and he sat down with CSI Files to discuss the changes for Greg and his take on the show's enormous popularity.

CSI Files: It's been a big year for Greg with him on the cusp of becoming a full CSI. When is he going to pass that final proficiency test?

Eric Szmanda: Well, we've already filmed that episode ("Who Shot Sherlock Holmes?") and I believe it will be airing in the next couple of weeks.

CSI Files: Does the episode make a big deal out of Greg passing the test or does it come about amid several storylines?

Szmanda: I would say they focus on it pretty heavily for one episode. We've been building for it for quite a while and it's a great case that I'm working on. It's actually kind of a clever case and it was a lot of fun to work on.

CSI Files: Can you tell me anything about it?

Szmanda: There's a group of people that spend their free time reenacting the characters from Sherlock Holmes novels and the one who led the group, who played Sherlock Holmes, was found dead in his study.

CSI Files: Are you happy with Greg becoming a full CSI or do you miss the lab?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

YOU DIDNT TELL HSF THAT THEY WERE GOING TO INTERVIEW ERIC SZMANDA! Thats what! :D :p you kept from SF!

There's probably not always time to give advance warning before an interview. ;)

I'm interested to know how the writer's obtain the technical information for the show, especially pertaining to some of the DNA sequencing techniques, which aren't always accurate. Do cast members learn standard laboratory procedures from trained professionals? I think Eric does a fine job of playing the part of gel-jockey.

My aunt's co-workers and buisness actually taught some of the actors on CSI: Miami how to opperate the equipment they provided; I am not quite sure of all the details, but I do know that the actors learn from professionals. The writers also have real Forensic Scientist stand-bys to make sure that the technical information/lingo in the script is accurate, in case they mess up. ;)

thats really neat to know that the actors learn from professials to make the show accurate. i'm also with eric on spinoffs... not that CSI:Miami and NY arent cool!

Back