Eric & Calleigh Thread #21 - Off With Their Shirts, We Say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eric & Calleigh Thread #21 - Off With Their Shirts, We S

I think when Marisol died Calleigh should have hugged Eric and she should know a lot about his personal life, because they used to hang out together back when Speed was around(I'm sure) so he had to mention his family or they should have came along some point back then.

I'm a little late, but hey new Thread!!!
The Jake and Eric story line would add drama, and I would love to see that. Eric and Calleigh should have hugged so many times before, like when Speed died, I would have liked it a lot better for Calleigh to hug Eric instead of Horatio. I hope we get a hug in the near future!!

It's okay, I'm super late! *dances* New thread! Yay!
I know. The writers screwed up, she just said 'I am so sorry' like she barely knew him when they were on the balcony in 'Rampage.' I mean, they've been friends (*:devil:* or more) for what, four years? Give him a damn hug! Let him cry, hold him, comfort him, tell him everything will be okay! These writers need some serious help.
Sparkage? Yum. Can't wait. Any sparks are greatly appreciated. Maybe we can get a bonfire going one of these days.

Anyways, congrats again everyone on the new thread. Great title, I'll try to come by more often, but sadly I'm all over as a multi-shipper *dodges thrown rocks*

If she were to hold him in her arms as he was crying, that would have been beautiful. I liked the part when he looked into her eyes, though. I tell they were saying everything they felt through their eyes.

midnight_tiptoes said:
I make awesome mojitos. Yuuuum. And tropical mojitos, with pineapple chunks, coconut Bacardi, and pineapple juice. It's the best. thing. ever.

Well, if you're offering, I *guess* I could force down a couple...or ten. Why not just keep 'em coming and I tell you when to stop. ;)

I too was really miffed about Calleigh's reaction to Marisol's death, but I don't think she was totally emotionless. She did look pretty upset, and conflicted, like she wanted to reach out to him but didn't know if she should. If she doesn't trust herself around Eric normally, imagine what she'd be thinking in such a high emotion moment such as this. Better yet, just watch her reaction in 'Man Down', she doesn't handle big emotional things well, especially when it comes to Eric. He was kinda slumped down on the floor too, it would have been hard to hug him in that position. Still, I'm not making excuses for the writers. Whilst Calleigh's reaction was pretty in-keeping with her character, this should have been one moment where she revealed her softer side. I you didn't know the Calleigh very well and you watched that, I'm such she'd come off as almost cold.

She made up for it eventually though, didn't she? :D

I have to admit I was very impressed with the way they handled Calleigh's emotional repsonse in Man Down. I really didn't know what to expect but they surprised me. I mean I didn't expect her to totally break down like a child but te emotion she did show when she saw him in the hospital, both times was great. Emily did a great job and she portrayed the notion that Cal wanted to cry but was doing her best to hold it in. It was a nice medium.

I am totally looking foward to the sparkage we are supposed to get. I think it will really show the evolution of these two characters as both a romantic ship and friendship wise.

Yes, it did surprise me that Calleigh actually cried in Man Down. Calleigh like never cries at anything. That shows how special Eric is to her. :D I love your sig, too. The hands scene is just too beautiful!

If they could surprise us like that, then this major sparkage should be good.

Calleigh had tears in her voice when Janet died in Body Count. And I've always liked that Eric handed off the phone to Horatio, so when she was upset she called Eric first. She also had a tear examining Speed's gun in Lost Son. At this point she probably won't allow herself to hug him at work when there are eyes everywhere no matter how much she wants to. When he was in the hospital she allowed herself the contact because it was a special situation. She gets flustered because the depth of her feelings go against her control and she's still learning how to handle that. I've also noticed every time she wants to be emotional and can't Calleigh bites her lip like every 3 seconds. Emily just rocks on so many levels.

Can somebody tell me why Calleigh keeps herself bottled up all the time? Is it her backround or something that happened. I mean that is really not good for a person to hide their emotions and act like they don't exist. In this case it is good so that Eric can hug and kiss her and they can have a special time together :D, but something had to have happened to her before in order for her to be like this. I don't know if it has to do with Hagen killing himself, because even though she was a little more free in the first 2 episodes, she was still known to keep her cool. Do you think she just doesn't feel the comfort with the other CSI's?

Okay well this is my take on it so feel free to tell me to shut up :lol: Calleigh comes from an emotionally if not outright physically abusive family. Any early examples of expression were terribly convoluted, and she had to be strong and basically close herself off to keep from being hurt. If she was with Jake in the academy and her performance suffered, she probably taught herself then that personal and professional don't mix, and we've seen on several occasions how desperate she is to be viewed as an equal. The fact that she's drop-dead gorgeous and blonde may work against her too, especially in what is still a very male-dominated profession. Remember how pissed she got at Hagen when he told H she got hurt. She doesn't want to be viewed as having any weakness. I noticed that she was a lot different before Janet died, and that was never dealt with. I've got a notebook and a half of observations and character notes on her from each episode... why yes, I am slightly insane :lol:

Oh yeah, she's drop-dead gorgeous alright.:D I know her dad was a drunk when she was a child and some of the things in her past, so it must be because we are totally different people. If I were in her situation my emotions would be everywhere. I'd try to get help from friends, cry my eyes out and stuff like that. Calleigh is not like that(I don't know about Emily though) she keeps herself closed up so one of these days she is going to EXPLODE.

Eric, I don't know. No one has mentioned what they think about his emotional feelings.

I think I relate to Cal so well because of the similarities we have. My parents divorced when I was 2 and I have no mempry of my father, but my mother is very emotionally and verbally abusive to this day and I'm almost 26. She can still reduce me to tears within 5mins on the phone. I'm actually using this in a fic for Cal but I can remember being 6 years old and trying to pull my mother out of the car that she was sitting in with it running in the closed garage and her telling me that it was all my fault that she had to do that, that I drove her to it because I was so horrible. :rolleyes: Funny part was she was and still is a very respected elementary school teacher in my hometown, people always used to tell me how lucky I was that I got her all the time. Never knew quite what to say to that. Even now if shes screaming at me and I try to tell her she's wrong or defend myself in any way it's how dare I treat her that way. *sigh* No wonder I understand Calleigh so well. With Eric, he's not afraid to feel and he genuinely cares and wants to make a difference, which I understand because some of my patients still make me cry and my poor best friend has to deal with me. He wears his heart on his sleeve and isn't afraid to tell people what he thinks. But he's a guy in the profession so there's not as much pressure on him, also with his diving and being trilingual he's in demand. So is Bullet Girl but she can't see what's good about her, she just sees her faults as drilled into her head by people who had no business being parents.....

xanessa said:
If I were in her situation my emotions would be everywhere.

When something bad happens you cry, etc, but when it happens all the time you grow desensitized to it. So it does make a lot of sense that Calleigh is like that, considering she's also the oldest kid and she had to take care of the others. And she probably figures if she stays unemotional she can't get hurt. It's very common.

Of course, Eric is the exact opposite, having had a happy childhood. Would be cool to see their views collide.

How Cal and Eric act now as adults has sooo much to do with how they grew up. Eric comes from a loving family who are open with their emotions.

Whereas Cal's family was standoffish, and closed off emotionally so Cal has learned to guard her heart in order to avoid emotionally charged situations. Eric has always worn hisMidni heart on his shirtsleeve....so I agree with Midnight ....it will be interesting to see how their views on emotions and the expression of emotions collide.

It is entirely possible that Eric's views will rub off on Cal and a relationship between them will help break down the walls around her heart etc.

Thanx for all props for my sig but all the credit has to go to Leela she made it!! ;)

I think Eric's feelings and views will rub off, too. Calleigh is always ignoring her feelings and I happen to know people like that. Also, if she doesn't like to get personal mixed with professional then it's really not like her to go up to one of the CSI's and ask for help or cry or something. It seems like that could happen, though. When she cried in Mad Down showed that she is still human. I think there are other ways she could show her emotion than to cry.

And I think Eric is very open about his emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back