EPISODE OF 3/26/09

FREDDIE

Civilian
I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE MONTIQUAN INDIANS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE. I LIVED IN NY AND LI FOR 65 YEARS AND THOUGHT I KNEW ALL THE INDIAN TRIBES. HOWEVER, I THINK THIS IS A FICTIONAL TRIBE. IS IT???????? APPRECIATE YOUR HELP BEFORE I WRITE TO WASHINGTON BUREAU OF INDIAN AFFAIRS FOR MORE INFORMATION. THANKYOU

I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE MONTIQUAN INDIANS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE. I LIVED IN NY AND LI FOR 65 YEARS AND THOUGHT I KNEW ALL THE INDIAN TRIBES. HOWEVER, I THINK THIS IS A FICTIONAL TRIBE. IS IT???????? APPRECIATE YOUR HELP BEFORE I WRITE TO WASHINGTON BUREAU OF INDIAN AFFAIRS FOR MORE INFORMATION. THANKYOU

Take it easy Freddie... posting in all caps like this is considered bad netiquette.

But you can hold off on your letter. Like fm62 said: the Montiquan tribe is fictional.

Thank you all for your information. I kinda figured that they were made up. Sorry for typing in all cap. completely forget the key was on.

Thank you all for your information. I kinda figured that they were made up. Sorry for typing in all cap. completely forget the key was on.

I end up typing in caps regularly. What posessed them to put the key next to the 'A', I don't know. You should also be able to highlight the text, press one button and it's all in lower case. By the time I've re-typed my post, someone else has already made those points and I look like a parrot.

i kind of thought that they were all made up but i hoped that they were real that would have kind of made the episode a bit better. :thumbsup:

I guess they couldn't use a real Native American tribe because wasn't the point of the episode that they had almost all died out? (Like, Amos was the only one who knew the language, etc.) If a real tribe didn't fit the criteria for their story, I guess it was better to make one up than to fabricate details about a real tribe. (I would personally prefer real details about real people, but in any case...)

Back