Episode 8x09 - 'Kill Clause' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 21, 2009.

1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Welcome to the Jesse show, I mean CSI Miami

Ryan looking at the jellyfish...hee hee I am easily distracted too
    I thought Ryan was working undercover, why does he need extra money?
    I liked that the security guy thought that Jesse was a bad guy...hee hee
    Death by Jellyfish looks painful
    What no 1 liner, what is the world coming to

Look Calleigh, is wearing a white shirt :)
    Calleigh nailed it, Jesse is a stalker

I love Tom, he is all kinds of awesome, he schooled the kids...Walter seemed impressed too

The sleezy CEO, he was scared of Calleigh and Natalia

Natalia is too good for Jesse if he is gonna blow her off to go stalk some chick

Somehow I think Horatio knew that the CEO was gonna get what was coming to him...I wonder if he provided the untraceable gun...LOL

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Not fantastic, but not terrible either. I could have done without the abundance of Jesse, there was just too much of him for this being an episode that didn't directly involve him in any way -- mystery chick, aka Anna, did nothing but keep the viewers wondering -- his presense in every other scene wasn't necessary.

The case itself was ok. Enormous tank of jellyfish.....why were they there to begin with anyway? :wtf:
    I quite liked Ryan hauling his cute little behind across the balcony thing to try & save Jim. :p

Walter was very cute pointing out the strangulation stuff -- and Tom as well. I also really liked how Walter was so respectful towards Horatio, addressing him 'H' but followed by 'sir'.

Natalia... "come between a girl and her dress...*scratches head*....anyway" -- Nat's head is in the gutter. :lol:

I enjoyed the ending, save for Jesse being so respectful to text Natalia that something came up :rolleyes: ; Horatio's line "things have a way of working themselves out" then seeing the brother kill Max - brutal yes, but he deserved it.
    The Jesse/Natalia stuff, whatever the hell it is -- why should I believe that Jesse would explain everything to her when, as far as we can see, they barely know one another? I have to wonder what his intentions were...does he like her, or was he just trying to get her & everyone else off his back for the time being? Note to Jesse: don't pull your crap with my Natalia -- you'll be on my shitlist very quickly. ;)

Now for Natalia -- I disliked the expression on her face after she receieved his text. She looked a little too disappointed considering we've seen them in all of maybe 5 scenes since the premiere and in none of them have we seen any implication that she "likes" him. The scene looked like a husband ready to cheat on his wife, with poor wifey left alone at the bar. Seriously?? I felt like I missed an episode, or something significant regarding those two.
    So onto her drinking for two, and alone as well.....hmmm, not a good sign in my eyes. I got the quick impression that Natalia is lonely, possibly seeking companionship from anyone -- maybe I read too much into the scene, but I was expecting her to lay money on the table & then walk away - instead she grabbed his beer and drank it along with her martini....alone.
    Will Natalia go through some drunken nympho-maniac phase? I kinda hope not -- I don't know if I want to see her turn to alcohol to ease her loneliness, but for some reason that theory came to mind after seeing her far too perky in saying "drinks?!" and then that ending -- I have to say it tugged a bit on my heartstrings to see her looking so disappointed and alone. :(

3. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

I liked this episode. Natalia and Jesse are cute and I love Walter too. Everyone did a great job.

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

RL prevented me from seeing the episode last night, so I'll be watching it tonight.

But as far as Natalia having any kind of alcohol problem, MJ, your scenario depresses the crap outta me!

Please god - anything but that! The last thing I want to see is Calleigh with any reason whatsoever to get in Natalia's face. And with Calleigh's tendancy to be, IMO, judgmental and intolerant of others (except Eric) in the last couple seasons, it just sets Natalia up for Calleigh to start preaching about alcoholics and how she knows 'cause her daddy is an alcoholic ... yadda ... yadda ... yadda! And unlike when she covered for Eric, I believe Calleigh would report Natalia in a New York minute. :(

It would be a huge disappointment if after waiting all this time for a storyline for Natalia, they decide to do something as overdone as give her an alcohol problem. Come up with something original - ANYTHING but alcohol. :scream:

5. lovleydoll12783

lovleydoll12783 Victim

6. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

OK I just got done watching the episode.
    1st thing I noticed was that Cal was wearing a brown leather jacket.....eric also had a brown leather jacket in many of the episodes.
    I actually really feel bad for Natalia, she was so ready to listen to Jesse and get to know him better and he totally stood her up.
    Ryan was really good tonight as was Walter.
    When Ryan and Jesse were walking up to the big 5,000 gallon fish tank all I could think of was Eric's diving expertise and how Ryan was totally thinking the same thing, "if Eric was here he could totally swim around, find the evidence, hand it to me, and then I could run to H before Eric had the chance to dry off ...once again :) like the first time.
    Calleigh totally didnt confront Jesse about the hummer miles or anything about the girl- it was sort of Natalia.
    It was a really sad story and the music they picked out went really well.
    I still think the ME is really really quirky and strange.
    H worked well with Walter which was a nice change of pace
    It is turning into the Jesse show more and more...even H took a backseat to him this episode which is really surprising.
    Why does Ryan need to be moonlighting?! Poor guy needs a social life not more work!

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

The Jesse Cardoza show once again. :angryrazz: How much more do we have to endure? However, I am a bit intrigued to find out, who the mysterious girl is and why he is following her. :shifty:

Why is it Frank only shows up every so often? I miss his one liners, they go to Jesse now. :(

Good to see Natalia.

ME still too weird for me.

Ryan cute as always. Nice to see he wasn't being treated as though he didn't know anything.

Walter working with H was nice, treated him respectfully. Not enough of H though.

8. Lia_italy

Lia_italy Hit and Run

I don't like this episode soo much,but is not the episode the problem but all the season,I want the old team!good to have new characters,but not if it means remove the others characters and their space in the episodes..

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I thought the same thing. The ending almost implied that Horatio had something to do with it. Not saying he would do something like that (though I'm sure the H bashers would disagree) but it felt weird....

Who does Jesse think he is, James Bond? and what's the deal with him sticking his raw arm in the jellyfish tank. Doesn't he watch Spongebob:shifty:

Couldn't help but notice how big Omar Miller is towering over both Christian Clemenson and Rexx Linn. Nice to see Rexx and Omar have a scene together albeit a small one...

Overall I liked this episode as it felt like a classic CSI Miami ep with H being less ghostly 'esque and everyone working together with no problems. The part where Tom "teaches" that class was a gem.

Rating 4/5

10. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Excellent episode.

Loved the time for all members, didn't feel it overloaded on Jesse and tbh some episodes in all CSI shows tend to do that they always have so quit yer moaning ;)

Joking aside, I liked the plot. Very nice and really believable as someone else said really worked out in today's world. There's a lot more team lab work in these last few episodes, it's good to see. The Team dynamic is good now. I like Tripp they should use him more, like they use Brass in Vegas. I'm liking H and Walter together. Tom, I'm seriously liking this guy a lot. Took me a while but I suddenly said today, you know what this guy rocks.

Excellent Episode. This season has sop far made up for the very mediocre 6th and 7th Seasons... A+

11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I wasn't as crazy about this episode; it seemed to be version of "If Looks Could Kill" (about two modeling exes insuring their agency's models and then killing them):

Random thoughts:

Well, well, well scene one and surprise surprise Ryan is looking unprofessional (*sigh* will this ever end?:scream:). Did get a kick out of Ryan's "boss" thinking Jesse looked like a predator and the amusement in Ryan's voice when he said he would "follow him". As did mjszud, I enjoyed watching him haul his fine behind to save the janitor. After this scene, Ryan was back to his intelligent, professional self; mentioning how corals are filters (something Jesse seemingly didn't know) and his theory got the team on the right direction on solving who killed the janitor:) Oh, and he did look fine in that suit (both with and without the tie:devil:)

Jesse is a brave brave man to stick his arm/hand into a tank with jellyfish; you couldn't pay me enough. After he explained to Calleigh how he had been stung while surfing, I understood why he had the courage to do it.

I love it when H is tough.

Enjoyed the look on Frank (not enough of him) and Walter's faces when they saw how many boxes the actuary brought.

Now that Walter seems to be a CSI, will he be taking more and more of the crime scenes that could go to Ryan and Natalia?

Speaking of Natalia--she's back:)! She made good use of her time on scene. I loved her reaction to the girl who didn't want to see a picture of Nat wearing her dress. And Girl Power: loves Calleigh and Natalia together (when was the last time this happened?) As for her reaction to Jesse's offer of drinks, I thought she looked surprised and caught off guard. Did Jesse text her to tell her he wasn't coming? I got distracted at that moment. I am not sure at this point I would say she seems interested in him.

I wondered as did texmex327 why Ryan was moonlighting and a something horrible occurred to me: weird Ryan behavior+him needing money--I originally thought "oh don't tell me the writers are having him gambling again"(remember this is Ryan; if there is follow through it won't be good and heaven forbid the writers develop a fresh and positive story line for him:scream:) But after cussing out the writers and calming down, I thought about it and decided that Ryan needing money was just a reason to get him see Jesse at that party and between the party (where Jesse lied about knowing Anna and Ryan seemingly seeing through it) and the conversation in the lab (where Jesse admitted he was a guest) it just added to the puzzle of the mystery that is Jesse and why he returned to Miami. Here you have one CSI who is moonlighting to earn extra money and one seeming ease in donating 10K to a "good cause" (I think this got under Ryan's skin, hense the 20 questions). Where did Jesse get the money? Was it from his business with Anna? Who is she and why is she hostile toward Jesse? Answers we will get soon enough. I hope that is the extent to RYan's needing money; instead of the writers, who neither seem to like Ryan Wolfe and nor writing for him, pulling out the tired gambling story line.

Not one of my favorites but worth watching once.

12. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I don't find it a Jesse overload, the episode had a nice balance to it for me, and it is apparent that they are gearing up for the reveal of Jesse's reason to return to Miami, which should be interesting. Those who enjoy Jesse will love his scenes and those who enjoy other characters will always say that he's in way too much scenes. At this point I really just don't care about that debate anymore....people are gonna believe what they wanna believe...:)..I'll just happily stay in my corner and enjoy my Jesse!

I find Ryan to be incredibly adorable!!! :lol: He is just oh so huggable!!! The man just seems to become cuter and cuter by the episode!!

Now Natalia and Jesse is an interesting combo, I wonder where they're going with this, are they friends out for a drink? Or are they going down the path of a relationship....hmmmmm....

I don't know why I had the sudden urge in this episode to pat Horatio on the head.....:wtf:....I am confused by this....maybe it's the hair, I swear I saw a glimpse of a halo...:shifty::p

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

Excuse me? beleive what we want to beleive. Enough said. :brickwall:

14. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

That's right. I'm trying to be nice here. You have your opinions and I have mine, so that's why I said that I'm just gonna stay in my corner and believe what I wanna believe. There is no point in arguing over screentime when one group doesn't see it as bad and another does. Everyone's has the right to believe what they want, so I'm respecting that and not gonna get into an arguement.

I enjoy Jesse and loves his scenes. You think he's on too much, that's your opinion and I'm not gonna argue with that because you have a right to that opinion. People don't always agree on everything and this Jesse issue is just one of them.

All I was trying to say is that everyone's got different opinions on how the characters and the show is, so I refuse now to get into debates over screentime because there is no right or wrong opinion. Everyone is valid in their arguements.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Of course we will continue to do so and our opinions won't change. And I will leave it at that.

I completely agree.

I hope not. Not because it is Jesse but I don't want any of the characters to hook up. Men and women can work together without romance developing and CSI:M can set a good example here.