Episode 703 And How Does That Make You Kill? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Re: Episode 703 And How Does That Make You Kill? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I definitely didn't expect the therapist to be murdered. And I didn't expect that chick to kill the daughter! Good episode, I thought.

Ryan and Natalia were underused. :( Just when I thought he became a cast member again! And WOW....the color coordination looked downright stupid. Ryan's outfit was bad enough (at least he didn't have a jacket!) but why did Natalia have to match him? When they were talking to that guy by the boat it looked like Miami-Dade's uniform was now orange!

THIS ISN'T THE 90s!!! Nor is it Miami Vice! ARGH!

So....Eric and Calleigh....SSSSQQQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I was totally freaking out! We're finally getting somewhere!!! I bet they get together in next week's episode, judging how the promo looks.

But, you know the promos...

I didn’t much care for it. It was too much too fast. It just looked to be a thrown together episode. One problem I had was that H let Eric work the, crime scene, anyone else on the team H would have made them stay away. :rolleyes:

The opening was off to a good start, the lighting on the city & the rain combined with the creepiness of the man with the therapist.

I lost interest as soon as I saw Gail O'Grady's character stand 15 feet away from her dead 16 year old daughter showing no emotion! What a shame for someone whom I normally enjoy watching. She's beautiful, talented, & can normally pull off great emotion. Not this time around - the flashbacks did nothing but highlight the fact that she is no longer a spring chicken, & her display of a greiving mother was weak through the entire episode.

Then onto Eric entering the crime scene, which was the next thing that had me ready to change the channel.
The address didn't ring a bell, nor did the entrance to her home - it finally dons on him as to where he's at when he actually sees his therapist walk through the door.

There were far too many thrown in characters in this plot - the cutter teen, the son, the ex married couple & thier son, the rich little snot, the crazy client - a bit much & not one of them were convincing.

The woman who killed Chealsy(thinking it was Dr. Marsh) was the dumbest play in the entire story. Why not just kill the ex-husband if you're going that far?! What's the point in killing his therapist when all he'd have to do is go see another one & get the same results.

I wasn't impressed with the main cast either. Horatio couldn't change the expression on his face if he even tried, as much as I like the character, the look down then look to the left, keep a strait face, make a comment & glare then walk away is getting really old, especially when it's combined with such an awful story plot anyway.
I can say the same for Delko & Calleigh, who again showed the same expressions as always for lord knows how long.....too long for me.
Aside from that, I can't say a whole lot about Natalia or Ryan because as usual, we rarely saw them.

The only thing I can say that was nice about this episode was the new guy. I love the accent.
Tara was ok, but I didn't care to see her in 3 scenes before finally seeing one glimpse of Natalia. On another note, someone needs to give her a footlong Hoagie before she blows away.

As for the secret & that ending, it was far from impressive. What irks me most is when TPTB of any of the CSI shows feel they can no longer play a character out independently. Not only that, saying "it would be nice" is much like saying " it's something I would like, but if not, then oh well" -
& one would think that after over a year of this that Calleigh would have something better to say than we make a good team, I'll see you tomorrow. Enough already. The smell of sloppy seconds is never appealing.

From beginning to end, I wasn't impressed. Why TPTB choose to put more into the glitz & glamour rather than show us convincing emotion & convincing storylines, I will never know.

F.

I forgot to mention I love the new guy who made me smile with his accent. I really hope we see more of him and doesn't dissappear like Samantha. Loved seeing Valera and I actually like Tara. Still miss Alexx but Tara's really growing on me :). Next week's looks really creepy and I can't wait to see it.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I loved the scene with Cal and the girl who cut herself. I thought Cal was great at showing the girl she really cared and wanted to hear her out, so I really liked it.

After the first two episodes this one disappointed me. It was kind of boring. Shouldn't Eric have been forbidden to work that case? That's what it seems like to me. And I don't get how they went through all those case files when they shouldn't even be touching them. I know they wanted Calleigh to find out what Eric was thinking but it wasn't the best way to do it. I also thought that Horatio looked the same throughout the whole episode. Can we get a different expression? And why oh why was there so little Ryan?

I thought this episode was gonna be bad & even though it was slightly better, I still think it was bad.
Eric shouldn't have worked on this case, no matter if they wanted Calleigh to know his feelings for her. He must stay at home during these cases.
The case was pretty good, but the whole context was absurd.
Loved when Calleigh read Eric's files, Kudo to EP :thumbsup:. Anyway it was disgusting to see such a bad scene 'cause, I'll always repeat, it's against any kind of rule. No matter if it's useful for a possibile romantic storylines between Delko & her in the future, you can't write this scene in a Crime Drama:scream:. How is it possible that they can do this???? I hate whenever I have a scene like this even if it can be useful for a possible storyline in the futuure.
Also the last scene between Calleigh & Delko was way odd. What was the purpose of a sentence like "we're a great team"??? It was completely off the context. I think I know what was the real purpose because I read Eric's files in the scene before, it was written "Team" so I'm pretty sure that it was for another kind of scene, but they didn't cut the scene to make another one in a better way. They kept the last one we saw & the smile of EP (it was for the original scene, the one w/ the team stuff written in the proper way) in that scene was completely off context.
What was w/ the facial expession of both H & Delko???? Can Delko try not to grin whenever he talks, he's talking about his dead shrink w/ Calleigh & he has that grin on his face:rolleyes:.

Was Natalia working??? Gosh she was replaced by Valera even in her job. Poor Natalia:lol:.
Ryan, loved his outfit even if the colour was a little bit too bright be he looked very good. Oh yeah he worked too:p.

Tara, again I like her even if I'd love to see a little bit of interaction between her & Calleigh. I mean, it was Calleigh the one who always talked w/ the ME. Does Calleigh hate the idea of seeing a new ME instead of Alexx?:lol: I'd love it but if I don't know the actual reason, I can't be sure about it.

The new lab tech? Who was this guy??? Where did they take him from???:wtf:. Anyway I liked him:lol:

This episode was really good!!! when calleigh read the sheet i thought " Oh my god could this be it? " but when Eric asked her if she read the sheet she said " would it matter if i did?" and then she says "we make a good team" i was expecting something else, Eric made a move and thats what she says? ooooh:confused: but i do get the hole dont want to lose the friendship if it all goes wrong thing, i just hope they get toghether soon!! please! :)

Are there caps of this ep up yet? I'd like to see what the new guy looks like and Ryan in his orange outfit. :lol: I'm still trying to decide if I even want to watch this ep.

Two minor nitpicks with this episode... That guy would never go to trial. No judge would give a carte blanche to go through patient files, murder investigation or not. Anything they found as a result of looking at the guy's file is fruit of the poisonious tree. (not to mention lawsuits from patients).
Also, Ryan and Natalia are parts of the team! They deserve more than 5-6 mins of airtime.

Two minor nitpicks with this episode... That guy would never go to trial. No judge would give a carte blanche to go through patient files, murder investigation or not. Anything they found as a result of looking at the guy's file is fruit of the poisonious tree. (not to mention lawsuits from patients).
Also, Ryan and Natalia are parts of the team! They deserve more than 5-6 mins of airtime.

I completely agree with all of the above. And also, Eric would not even be able to work that investigation for conflict of interest. The writers don't think very logically sometimes. They must think we're all too stupid to realize these things, but they are wrong. The fans are way more intelligent than the powers that be give them credit for! And it's time they start writing the show like that instead of treating us like we're not going to see the inconsistencies.

I wish they would have introduced the random British guy a little more.

When I first saw him I was like, Ummm...who's that?

And when he talked I was like, WOAH!

I wish they would have introduced the random British guy a little more.

When I first saw him I was like, Ummm...who's that?

And when he talked I was like, WOAH!

Yeah I know he definately came out of right field. I think I remember reading some spoilers about him...but it was sooo small that I think I totally forgot about him!!:lol: I totally loved his accent and look forward to hearing more of it ;)

Eric shouldn't have worked on this case, no matter if they wanted Calleigh to know his feelings for her. He must stay at home during these cases.
The case was pretty good, but the whole context was absurd.
Loved when Calleigh read Eric's files, Kudo to EP :thumbsup:. Anyway it was disgusting to see such a bad scene 'cause, I'll always repeat, it's against any kind of rule. No matter if it's useful for a possibile romantic storylines between Delko & her in the future, you can't write this scene in a Crime Drama:scream:. How is it possible that they can do this???? I hate whenever I have a scene like this even if it can be useful for a possible storyline in the futuure.
Also the last scene between Calleigh & Delko was way odd. What was the purpose of a sentence like "we're a great team"??? It was completely off the context. I think I know what was the real purpose because I read Eric's files in the scene before, it was written "Team" so I'm pretty sure that it was for another kind of scene, but they didn't cut the scene to make another one in a better way. They kept the last one we saw & the smile of EP (it was for the original scene, the one w/ the team stuff written in the proper way) in that scene was completely off context.
What was w/ the facial expession of both H & Delko???? Can Delko try not to grin whenever he talks, he's talking about his dead shrink w/ Calleigh & he has that grin on his face:rolleyes:.

Calleigh was clearly giving Eric the chance to verbally admit his feelings to her when she said "You know that you can talk to me about anything, don't you", with the way she nodded, looked away for a second, and then looked back.

There was a lot on that file page about him, not just the word "team". That page also had the words "...he was going over the edge...", "...able to keep him steady..." and of course Calleigh's name. But, he has no idea what was in the file, nor is he completely sure she read his file. So he doesn't know she knows how he feels. Here she was giving him the opportunity to tell him. But, he didn't and asked if she read his file. While she didn't admit to it, she did allude to doing so when she asked if it would matter if she did. So, when she said "We make a good team", I think she meant not only that they DO make a good CSI team, but was also hinting that they would make a good couple. She wanted him to tell him how he feels. So, in my opinion, her comment was not out of context.

As for Eric investigating the murder, I thought the same thing. But, this is certainly not the first time the writers have gone against what would normally be the rule. ALL the CSIs, including Horatio, have particpated in crime investigations where there was clearly a conflict, so at this point it should not come as a surprise, and really... I'm at the point where I just expect the constant conflict of interest. Not that I'm excusing it, certainly not, but this no longer surprises me.

It's so weird though cause the writers seem to be contradicting themselves. In Season three "Under the influence", Calleigh wasn't allowed to work the case involving her dad, so H brought Ryan in to do it. Though Calleigh did hover around him practically the whole time. :lol: And in the ep where Marisol was busted for buying pot, Eric wasn't allowed to examine the pot leaves, Aaron was assigned the task instead. So, why do the writers keep flipping back and forth on that? They should really try a little consistency. While I'm use to the inconsistency, it still bugs me. :lol:

Finally, I'm able to post.

I actually really enjoyed it. Alright, if I sit down an analyze every aspect of the show then there were some definent problems. But for me, it was one of those episodes where I just sat down and enjoyed it. I'm not saying it was fabulous, but it was entertaining.

The Good
I thought Horatio was slightly more reserved this episode. We didn't see as much Super H.

The plot, while it had it's holes, was fairly well done. Some people have questioned why a woman would murder the therapist and not the ex-husband. My question would be why would she murder anyone at all? That's a really extreme thing to do and I'm going to be that she wasn't exactly in her right mind. Besides, killing the ex would hurt her son.

The E/C. I'm not really a huge shipper, but I think they're cute. The scene with the files was adorable.

The ending scene. Normally those cheesy Horatio the good guy scenes bug me, but this one I liked. I loved the guy asking "Do you have children?" And I loved even more that Horatio actually said yes this time.

The Bad
The orange shirts. Normally I don't even notice the team's color-coordination (I'm just so used to it), but this time it was like in your face color. Too much.

Almost no Ryan and Natalia. What's up with that? I'm really not understanding why characters that have been somewhat prominent in the past are now rarely seen. Surely the writers are doing this on purpose. But why?

I wasn't impressed with the therapist's acting. She was okay, but she didn't seem all that upset about the loss of her daughter. I would have liked to see something more like the mother of the dead daughter in "Broken."

Back