Episode 6x21 - 'Going Ballistic' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 16, 2008.

1. EyeHeartH

EyeHeartH CSI Level One

I'm shaking. I'm speechless. And in a weird and seemingly sick way, I felt as if the ending provided a satisfying end to an up-and-down season. I didn't want to feel bad for H writhing like a dying fish on dry land, but perhaps this will spell the end for the wretched Super H that I've grown to despise.
    I had a feeling that the broken sunnies in all of the promos would mean something. The metaphors...THE METAPHORS!

2. ulysses

ulysses Victim

I don't think it's meant to "fool" anyone... But there are still half a dozen ways the ending is resolved next season. THAT's the point -- not that we believe H is actually dead or Ryan is really in cohoots with elder Ortega.

3. Kerosene

Kerosene Witness

I just.... I don't even...there are no words.......

4. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Holy ShiT!!! Ahahaha

Okay I am not so sure about that vest thing and that Wolfe scene came out of nowhere!:wtf:

Let's just hope this is all a set up becuase I don't want to believe Ryan Wolfe went bad. :wtf:

Okay I am in shockkkkk:guffaw:

I do think DC played that last scene unbelievable well. His eyes and the finger and his open mouth had me taking a breath for the man. He made me a believer! :thumbsup: :eek: Oh and the Sunglasses were an awesome touch, I knew they would be shattered! Great Pan out Corey Miller! Great Job!

I thought it was a good episode and I liked how the bullett set Calleigh's lab on fire. I even liked how Eric came in to help her just like she did for him. I found myself smiling. Oh and Arghhhhhhhhh, they cut the scene where Calleigh comforts horatio and places her hand on his arm. They also cut a scene when he gets shot too. He see's someone and smiles... So either we get to see that with next season or in a flashback... I hope!:lol:

So who shot Horatio??? Ron? Julia? (Alligator lady) Wolfe? and should I go as far to say Kyle and then Stetler. :lol::lol::lol:

I think Corey Miller did a Great Job on this episode. Just terrific. So many suspects and I have to say I liked the lady ME too!:lol:

So I guess we will all be speculating for the next few months.:lol: This was a great cliffy. :p

HCrazy out:cool:

PS: I'll miss you Horatio, Calleigh and cast!

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

I would prefer to believe that Ryan is in on this whole staging thing. :)

As for H getting shot, I was actually thinking about that during the episode. Calleigh said if the bullet went through something cold like metal, it will maintain its integrity so to speak and go through it. And if it encountered heat like a body/flesh, it will disintegrate to its original form and shards will spread.

There's no guarantee that H got shot with that bullet. We really don't know for sure, and we can't until September. But assuming that he did, he could potentially wear something on him that is cold and have something else that generates or has heat on top of that something cold. So the bullet could, in theory, "shatter" into pieces as it goes through the heated part, but it can't get past the cold part underneath b/c it's no longer in its bullet form. Does that make any sense? Anyway, that's just my theory.

6. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

I can't believe that!!!!! I LOVE Ryan way too much for him to go bad. I think it was just a set up, he's gone through way too much to go evil now. He just got his job back! I don't think he had anything to do with H getting shot. If he did, I don't think I will be watching this show anymore, it was okay for him to have the problems he has had in the past, they all worked out, but it would be just plain stupid for him to have H shot. Especially so close to when H got him back on the feild again.

ANYWAYS...... Not a bad show all together, HUGE cliffhanger though. It could have been several different people who shot H, who knows. Guess we'll all have to just sit back and try, (try being the key word) to relax until September.

Night! :)

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I actually don't buy the "staged theory" at all. I think blood packets would be too cheesy, even for a show like Miami. But more imporantly, if Horatio were planning on some sort of show down occuring, why invite the two people he's trying to protect, Kyle and Julia, to the airstrip? Wouldn't that put them in danger?

I really don't know what to think about Ryan. There was something very chilling in his eyes in that last shot.

One thing I just thought of: What was the signifigance of Horatio looking at his cell phone all funny right before he got shot? Any theories?

P.S. (things keep popping into my head): If you think about it logically, there aren't a whole lot of people who could have actually physically shot Horatio. I would actually rule Ryan out as the shooter (though he is definetly involved), simply because if he had shot H he wouldn't be receiving a text saying, "it's done." I doubt that Kyle is involved with this whole "bullet selling" thing. He seemed pretty genuinely surprised when his mother left at 4:00 and not 5:00. Then again, he was the only character who was actually seen with a gun.
    Personally, I would put it on Saris or Julia. They both have motive and both seemingly have opportunity. I am now inclined to think Julia, because everyone's assuming that it's Saris.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It wouldn't be stupid for Horatio to put on a vest because they are dealing with a new type of bullet, a very dangerous type. (F.A.R's for short- the R stands for rounds. Can't remember the other two Lol maybe fused artillery?) It's a type that once it hits something warm, it fragments or something. So, it has one entrance wound and several exit wounds. Calleigh said that if it hits body armor (aka something cold), it would stay in tact and if it went through the armor, it would only have one exit wound. At least that's how I understood it. So it definitely wouldn't suprise me if he actually put on a vest this time.

The reason he laughed at the first vic's brother is because he knew all along he had planned to stage his own death so that he could after Saris. Then Ryan looking at his watch and saying he had somewhere he had to go and telling Natalia or whoever was questioning the suspect with him that he couldn't tell them where he was going at that time, but would later or something to that effect. Then Ryan getting that message saying "it's done". Yeah, he's helping Horatio stage it. I agree with whomever it was that said if they take Ryan to the darkside it'd be very disappointing. In fact, I think I would quit watching the show altogether if that were the case. They already did that with Cooper which ticked me off cause I liked him. But, I LOVE Ryan (he's the reason I started watching the show again full time).

About the blood- it's possible that they use some of those squibs. I'm sure the blood is fake, or at least most of it is. And that reaction he did when he was "shot" looked kind of fake which also further fuels my suspicion that H set it all up to fool Saris. Maybe Julia was in on with H. That would be quite a twist.

As for Kyle, I highly doubt H would give the kid a gun. I'm thinking that Kyle might have overheard Saris' plans and Kyle got the gun in an attempt to protect his dad, but maybe he gets there too late or something. I think that ATF agent might be helping H fake his death too cause he really wanted to get the guy at the top of that ammo scheme ... which would of course be, Saris.

Could the fact that the bullet went through the sunglasses first actually keep the bullet from doing too much damage to Horatio? As for why Horatio would ask Julia and Kyle to come somewhere if he was staging his "death"... it was supposed to be an hour before they showed up there. Horatio probably went early to scope out the area and make sure Saris wouldn't try to hurt Julia or Kyle.

The thing with him looking at his phone, I'm thinking that he got a text telling him that it was time to set the plan in motion.

I don't think Ryan's look was cold. I think it was more of a "I really hope we get this guy for good this time" type of look. I think it was more that he was annoyed that they had to do something this elaborate in order to catch Saris. He's probably annoyed at the way the laws prohibit them from holding Saris until they can get the evidence that they need. I think he also might have been worried about where those F.A.R. bullets were going. Would gangs, drug pushers, etc... get ahold of them? Terroists, etc... I think he's worried about the safety of the city. I mean from things we've seen, Ryan is actually a lot like Horatio in some ways. I would even go as far as to say he was more or less Horatio's apprentice.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax CSI Level One

Ryan's the reason I love the show and why I keep watching it. I, too, would be seriously ticked off and might stop watching if he were to go to the dark side.

I do wonder what H said to the vic's brother and what he was looking at on his phone. I wondered too why the pilot closed the doors on him but didn't take off. I thought for sure that he was going to leave H hanging out there alone.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Spoilers.

First NO NO NO, I know everyone wanted Horatio to get hurt, to see the human side of H, but when that happened at the end and he jerked to the side then was lying there on the ground... I was shaking. I did not like seeing him in pain at all, Super H, I want Super H back, indestructable H please! Even if he was wearing a vest, what Calleigh said about those bullets, that even with a vest the bullet will go right through makes me wonder.

Then Ryan and the text message and the look on his face! To me it could have meant anything. "Okay H, everything's done the way it should have gone, but I hope you're okay," to "okay I'll miss you H... but I had to..." and the text "It's Done." WTF? My Mom is saying he's a bad guy, PLEASE NO NOT RYAN! I think and hope he was helping Horatio stage something, and didn't look happy about it because he knew it was dangerous for H. This wouldn't be the first time he helped H do something in secret (the mole, season 4). Can anyone here see an innocent little season 3 Ryan doing something so horrible? I sure can't, but he has definitely changed a lot.

It could have been staged though. Ryan told Calleigh he had to go, Julia left Kyle an hour before they were supposed to meet... so something could have been going on there.

I'm just worried and this is the mother of all cliffies! I know Horatio won't die, because there'd be no Miami without our H, but it's still scary to finally see him hurt. :confused:

As for the one Calleigh/Eric moment, well at least they touched. Could have been more, I really hope that happens. And I really don't like the new ME. Him and all his slowness. :lol: Maybe it's just because I'm not over Alexx leaving, I guess I can get used to him.

11. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

That's one reason why I believe the shooting was not staged. And the second I saw that blood pool around H....oh man.

12. Miss Kris

Miss Kris Victim

Nooooo! Not Horatio! I would've liked to see the look on my face when someone shot him, and when he was just lying there!! Ryan?! Why?? And was that Alexx walking back in the building? I'm so confused!!:confused: :(

13. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

Agree.

If Ryan were this bad guy, he would have found a better way to exit the scee with Calleigh or he wouldnt have been in it and exucused himself b4 hand. He told Calleigh, "I cant explain right now. I'll talk to you later." Dont think any of that would happen if he is some *insert your name for him hee*.

Also the way H fell. You never saw any blood on his back so that leads us to believe he was shot in the front. Though I would think if that's the case he would fall backwords. But that's just me. And if the bullets that killed the other were used the would sepreate. Become frags and one would see more wounds. That didnt happen with H. Why? Kevlar (hoope that's spelled right) Recall Calleigh's explination???

And as I was told by a family member. If it was real, why would the pilot sit there and do nothing.

2 questions though. What did H wisper to Juan before he left the warehosue??? And the guy Colin, wasnt he on Angela's Eyes???

Finally, while there wasnt the shippy moment I was praying for, the Eric concern for Cal was very sweet. And I did squeeeee a bit with here saying to him, "You are my herro."

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I agree w/most of you guys - the big question is not if this was a setup - b/c TPTB and DC TOTALLY gave that away - but WHO "shot" Horatio. I'm interested to see if the "plan" went bad, but I'm not holding out much hope. I'd really rather see H rushed to the hospital than him being all invincible again. :rolleyes:

OK, so the part w/Ryan did kind of surprise me, but I totally think it's obvious he's actually helping Horatio stage something. Personally, I don't think the team "came together like never before" in this ep, though, like TPTB said they would - everyone was still very disjointed, and you couldn't get more than 2 CSIs in a scene. Hey, Miami writers - please take a page from CSI:Vegas. That finale was much more shocking, and the end scene w/the team much more poignant. This Miami finale, while granted it was leaps and bounds above last year's, was kind of predictable. I knew it would end w/H on the ground, and that just sucks. :( Although the sunglasses thing was a nice touch :)

I truly believe getting the TEAM back together as a TEAM, like Vegas did, is the key to bringing Miami back on course. I didn't really see that in this episode, so on that score I was disappointed.

Hcrazy:
    I know!! Why do we always get screwed, girl?

So, who do you all think is "in" on the set-up (b/c I think DC made it clear that, whether it went wrong or not, it's a set-up by H). Aside from Ryan, I'm really not sure. Calleigh said to H "Let me know what I can do," but Ryan seemed to be hiding what he "had to do" from her, so I don't think she's in on it, although it would make sense b/c she's known H the longest and is his seconed in command - but how many times can I say that?? Personally, I have a sneaking suspicion that only Ryan knows about this.

The main question now is how will the season open. Will it be at H's funeral? Will the team be at the crime scene? Will H be in the hospital after the "botched" set-up. And who exactly pulled the trigger? While I'd hate this scenario, and think it's unlikely, it would be apt for Kyle to have done it, since Horatio killed his own father.

Anyway, interesting ep., but too predictable for me and not enough TEAM moments. I mean, can the team ever be in the same scene together?? All the other shows do it ... but I digress.

15. RaCk2ThOuSaNd6

RaCk2ThOuSaNd6 Rookie

I didn't like that cold intense look on Ryan's face when he read that message. It was disturbing to say in the least.