Episode 10x01 - 'Countermeasures' ***CONTAINS SPOIILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

*SIGH* At the end of last season he could barely move. Now in the first minutes of S10 he's Super H, getting up and diving into that water, holding his breath for a good 30-60 seconds with that gunshot wound.

Nuff said.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The problem with this statement here is that the show that we have been watching now is NOT the show that was created. The show that was created did attract a certain demographic and I was included in it. It was a show about science, forensics, human Horatio, with a united team.

If it was done before I think it's not unrealistic for people who were fans from the beginning of the show (the show that was created), to expect for it to happen again. Farfetched I know, but we still can be of the opinion that the writers can go bak to the roots of what the show was about originally. Also if you see most of the posts there are things mentioned which are positive and most of us 2% don't think the show plain sucks because we think some things could be better. Being a fan doesn't mean we have to like every thing about the show.

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

miamifan08 - couldn't have put it better myself! No, I don't like every moment of every episode (obviously), and I do think the writers miss some great opportunities, but it's my escape from the real world. I hate the negativity that appears here sometimes. And I mean a level of negativity much greater than just not liking a particular scene or whatever.

4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Ditto on that one! I think anyone who watches Seasons 1-4 will hardly recognize the show and be surprised at the team dynamics and how emotionally driven and scientifically driven it was.

I watch b/c I've invested in the characters since day 1, and the show, up until Season 6, never really disappointed me. I think it's OK to let fans vent - we do it b/c we love the show and want to see it get better, not worse. We want it to stay on the air. Even casual watchers in my family/friends laugh at Miami now, and I don't like that. I'm worried it's going to go off the air, and I believe we "2%" actually represent a large group of Miami fans who are disenchanted w/the direction of the show but who don't go on message boards, etc.

Bottom line for me - Every fictional "world" has certain rules, no matter how fictional the story is. Even superman had kryptonite. The CSI shows are built on the realism of science, and while TV may bend the rules, it should never break them w/outlandish storylines like H acting like superman underwater after getting shot. This is not "superman," this is a CSI show, however "comic book-like" it may be. Once you break the "rules" in the fictional world of a show, you lose credibility, and you also lose viewers. That's my main concern and why I vent here. I'm not hating on the show, just giving a POV that it could be better, and I also always try to say some positive things b/c I still think there are good things about the show and it's worth saving. Anyway, that's my two cents.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I know 10.01 has gone, but it seemed to me that it had been severely cut about and had (or didn't have) missing scenes. One was near the end, when Eric said 'I'll be right back!' - there has to be the scene when he went back. Now Emily on 'The Talk' mentioned a scene between her and Adam which was cut when the episode turned out too long. So... TPTB... can we have a 'director's cut' of it one day? Vain hope, I suppose, but it was so good... Perhaps when the DVD comes out - WAY down the line...