End Of Season Poll!

I gave it a 4 because it was a HUGE improvement from season 4 (anything would be) and while the bginning of the season wasn't great, the last 5 or so episodes were IMO, amazing.

Loved the H/C, loved the sort of bringing Horatio back down to Earth and I thought this season was better. I was beginning to think we'd shark jumped. Thank you for small miracles, and can't wait for season 6.

My favorites were 2 (the best season of any TV show ever. Next to it it Smallville s6 :D) and 5, because I really have to say the end made it worth it.

I gave it three stars because while the begining of the season was really good, the end kinda slacked off, especially last night's episode. I don't think it was too horrible, but it definitely could have gone better!

My two favorite season are 2 and 4. I like 2 because the real H is still present and the cases were interesting and exciting. I liked season 4 because it was a pretty strong season for most of the characters, and I really liked the Marisol storyline.

Guys...let's not talk about wanting real life people dead, please.

I rated this season a 3. While it was an improvement over Season 4, I still found it hard to really get interested in the episodes like I used to. I'd find myself leaving the room during the show and not waiting for a commercial break, and once I even fell asleep! That being said there were some good episodes and like Pusher the fact that they brought Yelina back for a couple of episodes saved the 5th season from getting a rating of 2 from me.

Also...I'm so very grateful that they seem to be handling the Eric and Calleigh stuff light years better than they did the Eric/Natalia and Horatio/Marisol relationships of last season. I'm not a fan of relationships between the characters on my CSI series and I don't ship, but at least, in my opinion, with Eric and Calleigh there's a natural chemistry there that gives it some credibility.

I voted Seasons 1 and 2 as my favorites. If I could have chosen three I'd have picked the 3rd season as well. That was the last time we saw the real Horatio, and not this caricature we've had since the 4th season. And I'd expand on this some more, but it's begun to storm here and I want to get this posted before the electricity decides to go out and I lose the whole thing.

Great idea for a poll, Lucy! :D

Sorry about that Thumpy, I edited my post. :D

That is another thing, I thought they handled Eric/calleigh better. It wasn't all of a sudden, it was gradual and well-thought out, from 'Man Down' to 'Just Murdered' to their little fight in 'Born to Kill.' It was as if Calleigh had realized how important he is after he got shot and it wasn't out of the blue. (Attempting to keep this post un-shippy, just an observation)

And, forgot to add- great idea for a poll Lucy.

I voted a three. Simply for the fact that the show was awesome, and now they seem to be doing either of two things. 1. Not trying to write fantastic pieces of entertainement. 2. Trying too hard to write fantastic pieces of entertainment.

As for favorite seasons, I choose 2 and 4. Season 1 was new and they were trying to seperate themselves from the orginal, and it seemed, forced. Season 2 had awesome cases, and the writing was hilarious. I liked season 3, but they just seemed to rush us with Ryan. Season 4, though not perfect, they could have left the eric/natalia and horatio/mairsol at the door, it was still fantastic. I still loved how they coul pull me into storylines, wanting to know more about the characters.

Season 5, I loved the beginnging. The writing was light hearted and funny, and sarcastic and reminisent of good things of the past. Then, they just...changed. I don't know how to explain it, but the storylines, while awesome ideas, just didn't have a good follow through on the writers front. If they would have continued with how the beginning of season 5 was going, I would have given a rating of 4.

i gave it three stars because H was just too much this season, i could barely handle it. i still enjoyed the season and liked most of the episodes and i definately liked this season better that 4 if only because the whole marisol storyline ended.

my favorites were s1 & s2 because we had the labcoat wearing-real conversation havin-H and speed, of course. :)

I voted 3 stars for season 5. I just started watching CSIM this past January and thanks to the reruns and occasional marathons on A&E, have had the opportunity to watch pretty much every episode of every season in order in a relatively short period of time. (I still have not scene the first 3-4 epis of season 5 yet). Anyway, it was a really good chance to really compare the writing, acting, etc. and I have to agree with those above that after seasons 1-3 the storylines have seemed to change drastically. I voted for seasons 1 and 2 as my favorites also. I just loved Speed and miss his character a lot and what he brought to the show. I remember reading somewhere that AD likes to take the storylines in 3 year arcs. If this is the case, I'm really hoping to have a lot of the loose ends tied up in this upcoming season and that is what will keep me watching into season 6.

I do have one completely unrelated question...someone above mentioned "shark jumping". What is that? :confused: (I know, I'm probably really out of it, but I'm new to this whole message board thing) :)

And thanks for the poll Lucy. Very interesting to get everybody's thoughts. :)

I gave the season 4 stars. It's good, escapist fun every Monday -I don't watch the show for any depth. Granted I just started watching this year, but as the poster above said, I've gotten caught up with the A&E reruns pretty well. As to favorite season, I voted for #2 - season 1 had Megan being cranky and people were still settling into their roles, but by season 2 things started clicking and Speed was just a crackup!

i think the show is still very good ...even if the season finale was very very disapointing for me...but i'll keep watching it anyways

I think this season really came back to some of the roots that made it a hit in the early years. Last season the writers wanted to try something different and it flopped so this season they went back to old formula and it definately showed.

The season finale, while reported to be different was still good. Everyone got a little moment to shine. They definately built up a few things that will be used for next season; ie Ryan's reinstatement and E/C/J. The serial killer storyline was good and while it could have been a little bit more elaborated on the twist at the end with the sister was nice.

Overall, I was pleased and can't wait for next season.

I voted three stars for season 5! But I am a real fan of the first three seasons with the 1st en 3rd the best! Although s3 is without Speedle :lol:

I really dislike the whole color stuff their doin' like clothes, lighting. the story lines become more and more like the rich and famous and nothing normal anymore. I miss that. I liked the s1-3 H more. Story lines are not following up anymore. Like s1-3 never excisted.

But none the less it stays a great deal of action packed drama for me to watch! But I do miss the old days

I haven't watched season 5 so actually I can't vote, but I gave it 5 stars based on the spoilers I have read here on this site, and the fact that I like all seasons thus far.
SO maybe my vote doesn't count.

But I like s2 and s3 best cos it left the deepest impression on me.

I voted but i forgot to say what i voted for. :)

4 stars, and i wish it was 3. Even 2. Horatio's stupid one-liners, the labcoats, the Eric/Calleigh ship and how they destroyed it in the end. Does anyone want to see a suicidel Eric? No, didn't think so. And how Ryan got fired! I was so happy! But no, he came back in the end. (dammit) *sigh* Just too much. I think you would of voted a 2.

But my favourite seasons were #2 (for obvious reasons) and i forgot the other one i voted for. :lol: Great poll Lucy.

Overall, I enjoyed the season myself. I loved the little H/C moments. Some of the cases were really good. Loved Rio, Going Under, Going Going Gone, Man Down ( Had me on the edge of my seat.) and a couple of others. I couldn't stand Jake though ( not a fan of his). I'm not sure about the E/C developments since I want H and Calleigh together but I'm willing to see where it goes.

Overall I gave it 4 stars. I'll keep watching Miami. I always have. I still love watching reruns of it even if I've seen it a couple of times.

I put season 2 ( loved the cases, loved that Speed was still around.) though I love season 3 as well. I'm torn between those two. I added Season 4 (LOVED the Darius crossover with CSI: NY I hope that we get some more. I also love H/Marisol arc and Calleigh and H during the whole Dresden storyline.) I couldn't wait to by the DVD set for Season 4 when it came out.

Back