End of CSI?

I have seen nothing of that. However, lead star William Petersen has left the show. So you might be hearing about that.

Being the number one scripted show, even after 9 seasons...i don't think so! They are beating Grey's pretty good to.

Marg Helgenberger and Laurence Fishburne (as well as most of the supporting cast) have contracts through to the end of season 10. Unless ratings take an overnight nose dive, CSI will finish with at least 10 seasons. Even if people like Marg Helgenberger left after season 10, I'm starting to think CSI is gonna have Law & Order like longevity ie: the show could continue to run even without most of the original cast - all depends on who replaces them and whether or not the fans roll with the changes.

^^ That's about what I think too.
Obvisiously, the departure of several well-liked charaters could cause some viewers to stop watching. But, if the producers of the show continue to fill in the gaps with others who are perfect for their roles and fit in well with the rest of the cast, then I don't see why CSI couldn't retain most of its viewers, even gaining more along the way.
It'll just depend upon how the new characters/actors are recieved by the audience. I'll still be watching anyway :)

Last edited:
^^ That's about what I think too.
Obvisiously, the departure of several well-liked charaters could cause siome viewers to stop watching. But, if the producers of the show continue to fill in the gaps with others who are perfect for their roles and fit in well with the rest of the cast, then I don't see why CSI couldn't retain most of its viewers, even gaining more along the way.
It'll just depend upon how the new characters/actors are recieved by the audience. I'll still be watching anyway :)

Not only that, they need to give much loved characters that are in the show higher profiles.

About the "Law & Order" like longevity, I agree. I just hope that the integrity of the show doesn't take a beating like it has on the original Law & Order. It's still a good show with a good premise, but if the original characters do not return, the show's quality could suffer if they do not find suitable replacements.

But as far as I can see, it seems as if CSI isn't going anywhere...At least not yet. Even with the departure of recent stars, I believe the show can and will go on.

Hi all
Butting in, although I'm not a regular on this topic. I agree completely and want to add that they should also try to uphold the quality of the stories and do justice to the development of the characters. Although I keep watching the show I wasn't very pleased with the development of the characters especially the last 2 seasons. For me they lived on in a strange limbo of "character death". They had found such a wonderful way to give little bits of information about Grissom, Catherine and so on, being careful to not disturb the balance of the show that is about crime and criminal huntings ;), but after season 5 many things that happend weren't (speaking from my point of view, of course :)) believable or worse they didn't explain at all. And the original characters hadn't good screening time (see Warick for example). The worst chase was the non-development of Grissom's character. I saw more of him in the first 4 seasons than the last 3 years. He sort of petrified and the same happend with them all and I won' start with what they did to Sara Sidle. To many unanswered questions, cutting on the qualitiy of the show. And that is one reason I watch a show. I'll go on watching, but here we are 1 year behind you and I guess I'll see if the new CSI wiil agree with me. I wihs you all a good 2009. Take care.
mati

Back