Eddie Drool Thread #4 - Blue Eyes & Fugly Ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eddie Drool Thread #4 - Blue Eyes & Fugly Ties

Ceindreadh said:
A lot of those close-up, filler shots are shot with stand-ins to save time.

that's a pity. Hmm, wonder if the close up of the 'squeeze my hand' shot was done with stand ins as well.

Yes, possibly. Even though those shots only last seconds, they all take time to set up and shoot. Seconds on screen, half an hour to get it in the can. Television runs to an insanely tight schedule.

It always reminds me of that scene in the Simpsons:

Nelson, Ralph, and Martin watch a man paint black patches on a white horse.

Martin: Uh, Sir, why don't you just use real cows?
Painter: Cows don't look like cows on film. You gotta use horses.
Ralph: What do you do if you want something that looks like a horse?
Painter: Ehh, usually we just tape a bunch of cats together.

-- "Radioactive Man"

'Nuff said. ;)

^^ Actually, the scene where Mac takes Flack's hand probably was made with both of them. The scenario was already made, the positions were taken, and the actors were on place. Probably that just took a few minutes to take the camera on place and adjust light (changes even if you're in the same place with that closure).

I'm not so sure about the hand, maybe it was Eddie's, but most probably it was some actor that took his place.

What extra recently talked about how all the close ups of their hands are other people's hands? Was it the Eyecon for "Boo"? I can't remember, but I swear I saw something on that just recently.

^I don't remember seeing that. I'm going on an experience I had years ago at a Star Trek convention, where one of the guests was a bit actor, who also doubled as Data's hands. So any time you saw just the character's hands on a console, it was this guy's hands, not Brent Spiner's. That anecdote has stuck with me longer than anything else I heard there.

Magic of Television, huh? :lol: :lol: Mind you, I find the technical minutiae quite interesting (one of the reasons I listen to DVD commentaries). I'm a geek, who knew? :D

In class we learnt that kinda closure was not cheap if you do it with extras bacause time is minimum and the change of actors is very complicated. If you take, for example, the scene with Mac, it was more difficult to change the actors to make a close up because the originals were on place before.

^You could be right, poison girl, but that does work on the assumption that they film all of those shots at the same time. Filming usually occurs out of sequence and those kind of shots could be filmed after the actors have finished their scene and moved on to the next. It probably depends on the nature of the shot.

I guess I'm just saying there's no guarantee that that is actually Eddie's hand in the above shot, holding the rather gross fake eyelash. ;) They cannot be comfortable to wear ... :eek:

Top41 said:
What extra recently talked about how all the close ups of their hands are other people's hands? Was it the Eyecon for "Boo"? I can't remember, but I swear I saw something on that just recently.

I only remember that from an episode of friends with Joey, when he finds its hand double.
:lol:

OK, I must be crazy! I swear I saw this extra somewhere. I don't think it was on one of the DVD sets, unless maybe it was Eddie and Pam's commentary about "Consequences." That could have been it, possibly--I think Pam talked about the close ups of hands being stand ins' hands.

I don't think you're completely crazy Top. ;) I've seen something about it, but what I saw was a while back and I'm pretty sure it was about CSI: LV (although now that I think about it I'm not that sure it was LV, but it was on a DVD extra or something like that). Anyway, in it they definitely said that sometimes close ups aren't always the actors because the shots can be quite difficult to get, lighting etc. and can take quite a while so sometimes they don't use the actors.

Anyway, Eddie still has lovely and beautifully manicured hands from what we can see on his pictures! All the men in NY do. ;)

There's a few more pics from their trip on Mr. Jeremy Murphy's blog on the net. Didn't save the exact link b/c this darn cold is taking over and I lost all function of my brain ... but go to Google and type in "Snob Blog" and it should be the first one you see. :)

Thanks for the link Lorelai! :D Those pics made my day too! :) And to Lampdor, welcome to the Eddie thread and thanks for the Snob Blog info. :)

Eddie and Carmine looked good in their Lacoste shirts. Eddie in shorts, Wow! It was adorable and sexy seeing them play with that dog. :lol: :)

Cutest vacation ever! :lol: :D

Thanks to everyone for the great pics! It certainly looks like they had a ball. :D

The photographer probably doesn't realize how lucky he/she is. :D I'd probably secretly keep a copy of all the pictures for my, ahem, private collection. :devil:

Thanks for the link, Lorelai!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back