Eads Takes Leave of Absence From 'CSI'

CSI Files

Captain
George Eads (Nick Stokes) will not appear in part of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s upcoming fourteenth season. (Minor spoilers after the jump.) According to the Hollywood Reporter, Eads got into an argument with one of CSI’s writers over the creative direction of his character. The actor allegedly threatened to quit the long-running series, but the [...]

More...

Leave of absence my ass. They put him in a corner for a time out like he's a little kid. He hit his breaking point long after his fans did. Leave, George. Leave now while you can. Things can only get worse for Nick from here on out. It's a shame it came to this, but the showrunners and writers have proven all along how out of touch they are. The show has been steadily declining as far as interesting episodes go and has done nothing but throw out unrealistic soap opera garbage.

Well, its obvious TPTB are sticking up for this pregnant writer instead of George. He ought to know how his character should move forward instead of some newbie writer that doesn't have a clue! :rolleyes: Aren't all the veteran writers gone from this show now? He hardly gets any screentime anymore--DB, Finn and Morgan took care of that. This is sad, and damn frustrating. I can't imagine how George must feel right now. :scream:

I agree. The show has been focusing more on Morgan than
anybody else. It's getting to a point where I think they should send her back to L.A.
I was very shocked that Carol Mendelson would not stand up
for George. The only thing that the writer does is develop a storyline, it's the actor who developes the character. So if anyone should know the direction in which the character should go; it should be George. I think they should have made him supervisor when Catherine left.
Hopefully! he won't be out many episodes. I thought they had all ready filmed the 300th episode.
Remember when they wrote out Gary's character; it wasn't a lot of episodes.:(

^^ I agree. If they don't kill Morgan off in the premiere, I hope she gets fed up and goes back to LA.

I don't think the show can be done with one less original. It's already hanging on by threads

I was very shocked that Carol Mendelson would not stand up for George. The only thing that the writer does is develop a storyline, it's the actor who developes the character. So if anyone should know the direction in which the character should go; it should be George. I think they should have made him supervisor when Catherine left.

Exactly! The lab already had someone there qualified for the supervisor position. They didn't need to hire someone from the outside. But, TPTB wanted to take the show in a new direction with new blood. :devil:

The fact that Mendelson wouldn't stand up for George is what makes me curious as to what this argument was about..

I wonder too. I wonder if there was more than what was written. I wonder if Billy were there if he would have sided with George or with Carol and the writer?

I don't think he would leave before the 300th episode; if it was his idea to take a leave of absence. I really wish we knew more about what went down.

^ Definitely makes for a bigger wound, though. Missing a landmark episode that focuses (allegedly) on original cast.. That's a blow to the writers/producers and execs if they had to write him out last minute.

if the ball is in George's court, he's done it very well.

So true! they really need to bring back the old writers. They know the Characters, and if they were still with the show, this would not have happened.
I also thought that when they brought in Ted Danson, the show was going to go back to how it was the 1st season, there would be a little humor; now it's back to being dark and too serious, and to soap operaish.

So true! they really need to bring back the old writers. They know the Characters, and if they were still with the show, this would not have happened.
I also thought that when they brought in Ted Danson, the show was going to go back to how it was the 1st season, there would be a little humor; now it's back to being dark and too serious, and to soap operaish.

I did too. I really liked the addition of him. In my opinion, bringing in Finn was unnecessary and only distracted from the character of DB. And he was supposedly brought in to bring the team back under control, but what's happened? His granddaughter got kidnapped, his wife is now unhappy with him, his son was a suspect in a murder...for crying out loud, that's not realistic.

Of course, neither is having Nick discover a body at an art exhibit, Sara having a murder at the deaf fundraiser she's attending, Super Dave having a murder at his class reunion, Hodges' fiancee present at a murder, Doc's wife close to a murder, and so on. Puh-leeze. I read (and write!) better fan fics than this amateur stuff.

George, please come back for the end of the season and then quit AFTER the writers provide a proper exit. That is, if they're capable of such a thing.

Back