Dreaming of a Better World

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by NickyFan, Nov 24, 2009.

1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I wanted to let all the CSI: and Nick fans know that I published my new story "Dreaming of a Better World" on fanfiction.net

Here is the link

I would like o know what you think about it, so please leave a review :)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Aww. That was heartbreaking, but beautiful.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

NickyFan thanks for sharing your story. I've left you a review. My user name is tuppencecat :)

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This is the review I left on FF, but I wanted to put it here too because I want people to know how good the story is and that they should go read it! :)

Oh, and I assumed it was a cat even tho you didn't specify. ;)

I am so PROUD of you for writing this, for not giving up, and for coming so, so far with your writing since you started writing fics! :)

This is truly beautiful. You have a wonderful way with words, and somehow you are always able to convey thoughts and emotions in the most eloquent way. Your writing has an innocent quality to it, and you let the reader see things through the eyes of a child or an animal or a handsome CSI as though we were there.

I love how at first we aren't sure who is being attacked. It's a great method that you use here to draw us in and make us want to read more. Everything here is so realistic. You write all of the characters, including the other officers very well.

But it's your thoughts, words, and actions from Nick and Sammy that are the most striking. You somehow got into the mind of the cat and expressed things so beautifully. I especially love the memories of his time with his mom. :) And Nick too. You've written him here exactly true to character.

It was worth the struggle, wasn't it? :) I'm so glad you kept at it, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Great job, Little One!!

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

awesome :) I teared up.

6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Thank you all for your nice words :)

It really means a lot to me :D

7. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Wow. A real heartbreaker. That was very hard to read but well written. Not sure I could control myself if I ever caught kids doing that, being the cat lover that I am.

St. Francis of Assisi (whom I believe is the patron saint of animals) said something to the effect of "A society that doesn't care for its animals can't consider itself civilized." Not a direct quote, but so true.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009