Do they deserve an Emmy?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hrockz, May 31, 2008.

1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Here's the link to the article in CSIFiles.

Emmy nomination suggestions

The episodes 'Ambush', 'All In' are up for an Emmy nomination. As are David Caruso in 'All In', Emily Procter in 'All In' and Jon Togo in 'Cyber-lebrity'. All for emmy nominations.

Do you think the episodes and the actors desrve an Emmy nomination?

IMO, only Emlily Procter does, the others I don't think so. Her performance in 'All In' was great.

I'm a Jon and DC fan but I don't think their perfomances in those epys mentioned deserves an Emmy. Although I think 'All In' as an episode probably deserves one.

But I'm interested to see what you guys think.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I have to say.....since Lusiana & me opened a thread entitled "An Award for Emily", I'm so happy she is up for an Emmy nomination :D and I thinks also Lusiana is very happy for it.

Emily really deserves it especially for "All In". She was amazing in it:thumbsup: and yeah..I thinks she's the only one who deserves it among the submissions for CSI:Miami;)

As for the episodes...well they were pretty good but in my opinion they didn't deserve a nomination like this one.

David Caruso...well he is a good actor but in my opinion he didn't deserve a nomination especially for "All In" when he shot & killed a lot of people in a jungle.

Jonathan....I appreciate him & I think he's very talented but in my opinion his performance in "Cyber-lebrity" wasn't that great. In my opinion a lot of others peformances made by Jonathan are far better than this one;)

I'm so happy Emily is up for a nomintation :D

3. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I always think Emily deserves some kind of award. She's a great actress, and she deserves that Emmy! Her performance in All In was exceptional, she did a wonderful job portraying emotions, Calleigh went through a lot of them in that episode.

David Caruso, honestly I don't know what everyone sees in him. In all of his movies and TV shows, he seems to be the same character, he speaks the same and acts the same. I didn't like his performance in All In, I think if they were going to nominate him for an emmy they should have done another episode, not stolen Emily's thunder by nominating him for this one.

As for Jon, I don't like him as an actor, I think his actions are somewhat stiff and boring, he uses the same monotone voice for every single scene. I've never liked any of the episodes he's been the main focus in...save for Nailed. I think Jon has a long way to go before he wins me over.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I respectively disagree. :) I think David Caruso has done a mariad of different things and they've all been quite unique. He just has a style to his acting, in my opinion. But do I think he should get an Emmy? Probably not. I haven't seen too much from him this season to even warrant such a prestigious award. I think he'll have to do more than gunning down bad guys and posing to get what I believe he is completely capable of attaining--if it weren't for shoddy writing. But I do agree with another of your points, they should have put him on the list for a different episode.

I was so happy when I saw Emily's name on that list. :D She's been doing so well with her character and to show such an evolution without changing the basis for what her character is awesome. :) Kudos to her, I hope she gets a nomination.

As for Jon, it wouldn't matter to me either way. He's talented and does well with what he's given.

I'm a bit surprised that Adam didn't make the list. :wtf: What gives?

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

As much as I LOVE Jonathan Togo, I really don't think Cyberlebrity was that great. He's done better in other episodes. (Nailed anyone?)

The same goes for David Caruso in All In, it wasn't amazing.

But Emily Procter and the episodes themselves, sure why not? She was awesome in All In, really good performance. I think she deserves the nomination.

6. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

emily, was amazing in 'all in'. i'm so glad she was considered, and i think they picked a great episode for her, it really gave her a chance to show more than i think she has been given before.
    as for dc, personally i'm not a big fan of his acting style, but its definitely unique and quite different from others who i'm sure being considered against him. personally, i don't think they chose the right episode for him, if it was me i might have chosen the finale, he was awesome in that.
    i was a little surprised about jon togo, mostly because, i feel his character was kind of put on the back burner this season, he didn't have a whole lot of great story lines. but he was great in 'cyberlebrity' so i understand why that episode was chosen for him.
    now i was really surprised that khandi didn't get submitted especially for her last episode, she wasamazing in it, and totally deserving of anything, it was by far my fave episode and story line of the season, and i kind of wish she had been considered too.
    and adam, well thats a given, in my opinion, hes one of the better actors on the show, and over the last season hes really had the chance to showcase his talents, and it sucks that hes not getting any acclaim for it. maybe next year though, right?

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I agree there were better episodes where they could've nominated David for. But don't worry about Emily and him in the same episode, they're nominated in different categories. :lol:

I totally disagree. If you want to talk about stiff and boring there's someone else on the show who's like that but I shan't mention names. Jon is a good actor, they just don't give him good material to showcase his acting chops, same as for David.

I think for David and Jon, they offered the wrong episodes for Emmy nominations. There were other episodes this season where both perfomed better.

As for Emily, she totally deserves the nomination, I really hope the Academy accepts it and she wins!

8. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I hope that Emily received a award. She did a wonderful job in "All in". :drool:
    But I think David Caruso and Jon Togo(Who I love too!) don't deserved, I think that they do a good job but was normal!!:vulcan:

Gooo Emily Procter!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Polkadot5990

Polkadot5990 Victim

I'm a big fan of Emily and i think she of all people on the show deserves an award! Her performance in "All in" was so amazing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:! Definitely the only possibility ;)!

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

Im very surprised too. She's a really good actress and definitely should have been submitted for a nomination. Her departure episode was awesome. Especially it being her last, I dont see why she wasn't submitted.

11. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I want David Caruso to win the Emmy no matter which episode. I just want him to win it no matter what. :thumbsup: