Dislike a Ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: worst couples !!!!

/\ We're having a debate, it's not like we're sending each other death threats or anything. Besides, debating is healthy.
:)

Curtainonfloor, I've been staying away from this thread for a while now, after I basically tried to argue your points. Just wanted to say great posts! I couldn't have put it better.

People really seem to be coming up with unfathomable rationalizations for everything out there. I'm not asking anyone to be pro-GSR, or to believe that GSR will happen. But just acknowledge that there is something there, whether you hate it or not, and be a little bit more rational in the rationalizations you come up with for all the interviews, the whole Butterflied episode, all the questions asked in the interviews, the CSI companion book, interview with David Rambo...and I could go on and on.

And seriously, I am just offering one experiment, if you can be honest with yourself, that is. If you could take the things we call "GSR moments" (the hand holds, "I'll take you home"s, "since I met you"s, the "honey"s, "tape me up"s, "pin me down"s), and cut and paste it to your ship, (1) wouldn't you gladly do it (2) wouldn't it seem weird to the point of being funny that people are arguing there is nothing at all?

Just asking for some honesty and rationality here. But to each is own, of course. I'm off ;)

PS: Example: Sara asks Nick since when he is interested in beauty. Nick says "since I met you". The Snickers thread would catch fire, wouldn't it? And they would be perfectly right in assuming this means something. Now I know people will say WP ad-libbed that line and that it doesn't mean anything. Do you think the producers would let him do it if the way they want to show the G/S relationship is that of a father-daughter or Grissom desperately trying to run away from Sara? If this is a father-daughter relationship, it is certainly bordering on incest :D

And seriously, I am just offering one experiment, if you can be honest with yourself, that is. If you could take the things we call "GSR moments" (the hand holds, "I'll take you home"s, "since I met you"s, the "honey"s, "tape me up"s, "pin me down"s), and cut and paste it to your ship, (1) wouldn't you gladly do it (2) wouldn't it seem weird to the point of being funny that people are arguing there is nothing at all?
I've tried to look at it but A friend would take a friends hand in a case like that and say i'll take you home, the tape me up and pin me down all work related and for the Honey my hubbys frind has called me that.

Gil has called Cath Dear more then once and he pined her down using his body to sheild her. So you could say that proves his feeling for her. I could find a lot of things that prove my point also.

We could debate from now till the show ends and we'd both keep comming up with reason and proff.

Okay, GSR has been debated in here to death and ad absurdum, so now could you guys do what lament and I asked (several times) yesterday and move on to other couples - I'm fairly certain that there are other couples which people don't like.

yes there are many but we keep going back onto GSR because as soon as new people come in they atart it agen, because if you look on the poll its the most disliked, so therefore i will b talked about the most in here.

i dislike ecklie and anyone, i mean... JUST EW!

Ecklie and who ever your right that would be the world worst ship.
Sorry to say just can't see anyone likeing him although he is a little better since GD not such an A**.

Very true Kira.. Billy was very vocal in the Summer 2002 issue of Smoke Magazine.. something along the lines of if you want office romance stick to Ally McBeal. I guess that pretty much sums it up.

Er, okay, to mention a 'ship' from Miami, I'm not at all fond of the idea of H and Calleigh. It's one of those ships that I don't get at all.

Other than brief flirty moments in Season 1 (which most characters have between each other), I have never, ever seen any remote sign of romantic chemistry betweeen them.

I have alot of respect for both characters and like them alot. They are loyal colleagues and good friends, nothing more. Neither one of them would ever consider the other in an intimate light, I am utterly convinced of that. H/C belongs in fanfic alone.

There's this guy named Frankie who's supposed to play Stella's love interest on CSI:NY. I don't think they'll last because they come off as two complete different people. He seems a little young for her too. I think Stella is better off with Mac.

worst couple? um, eddie and candeece (or however she misspelled her name). after that grissom and sara.

I think Grissom/Sofia & Warrick/Catherine r the worst couples of all time!! I can't c Grissom & Sofia ever getting 2gether & Warrick/Catherine....eewwwwwwwwww!!!! :rolleyes:

Okay, just putting my two cents in about who i think are the worst couples.

I think Catherine/Grissom have come in very close as worst couple, purely because, as i stated before, they do have chemistry, but the same kind of chemistry say, Grissom and Brass have, they are clearly great friends, besides Catherine's 'slo-mo-all-about-me-drama' last season.

See, the ships that i percieve as the worst are the ones which have absolutly no canon to them, no subtext, or intent by the writers and PTB. These include: Cath/Griss and Nick/Sara. These two ships do have a great friendship though, and THAT is what the writers have been bringing through.

And i'm gonna make this quick i swear, but GSR is a CANON ship which is supported fully by BP, JF, and the majority of the writers. The people in this thread that have disagreed with this are clearly so completely defensive of their ship, that they have failed to take in actual evidence. We KNOW that BP and JF are pro-GSR because they have STATED that in many interviews. I'm not going to dig them up right now, but pm me or any other GSR around here and we'll send 'em to ya.

George Eads has stated in interviews that he DOESN'T want any sort of relationship, someone posted an article if ya scroll up, and people are still trying to say that GE and JF are pro-snickers? When for about 5 years, no mention or acknologment has been made of this by ANY of the writers, PTB or actors themsleves. And 'actions speak louder than words'??? Whaaa??? WE all know GE and JF are great friends in real life, and so, at award shows and what-not we see many pictures of them hugging, but this is FRIENDSHIP, dudes, not some secret attempt to show people that they are 'sercretly' pro-Snicker.

And, for the record, i seriously am not trying to be mean here (really), but the primary age group of posters on this board would be 14 to about 18, and the TV viewing audience for CSI, is more mature, as in older, and THEY tune in to watch GSR, and THEY make the ratings of CSI sky-high, and that is WITH many canon GSR moments.

ANd for the people that say that GSR is dead, i know some of you do post in the SPOILERS thread for Season 6, and i'm not giving away any spoilers, but huh??? The mind, it boggles.

And i'm not a pro-GSR person as such, but after scrolling through 5 pages of complete GSR hating, and after reading over 10 posts by heartagram that make me wanna bash my head against the wall, i sriously need to speak out, because in this thread, almost all ships are badmouthing GSR's and their ship, and how they give so much crap, and try to force people to see their views, there have been only a few attempts by GSR's try speak up, politly, which is more than what i can say for certain other people.

BTW, i currently know many relationships where there is an age difference of at least more than ten yeras, and i myself am currently in a relationship with a guy and we are extemely alike, so lay off on the 'GSR will never work because of blah de blah', it's bloody stupid. Open your eyes, kids.

ETA: I know it seems like i'm targeting Snickers, but i'm just replying to snicker shippers that have bashed other ships, and for those people, feel free to bad-mouth me and type many posts about why GSR sucks and you always get picked on, i really do not care, because you live in a fantsay world.

ANd i think it's a great idea to close this thread, because people like me just get angry in response to crazy fangirl posts.

Very well said.And I'm not a GSR shipper.
Worst couples? Brass/Sara, Greg/Catherine, Sara/Nick (they have a sister-brother vib),Grissom/Nick.... ;)

Yeah..Artist guy :lol: I rewatched that episode last night..Stella and him...umm no

sara and nick dont have a bro/sis relationship, brothers n sisters dont flirt with each other, lol, and nick n sara flirt all the time, hehe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back