Dirty Jobs

ladyhunter

Head of the Swing Shift
My husband got me and my kids hooked on this show. It's funny because he's so blunt about the job and he gets awfully dirty.
I wonder if the people he works for 'makes up' jobs or if what he is doing is an actual job.

I also like the tag line that goes with it...

In a World that Glamorizes Beauty, there is Mike or something like that

Dirty Jobs can be seen Tuesdays on The Discovery Channel at 9pm Eastern

i LOVE dirty jobs. mike rowe is awesome. he does some nas-tay jobs that i wouldn't come within a mile of and he does it with a sense of humor.

Dirty Jobs Rocks! :D That, along with Mythbusters, are two of my all-time fave cable shows. Does anyone know if it's really true that Mike Rowe used to sing opera? I know he's an excellent singer, he has done it alot on the show, but I wondered if the opera thingie was true, or just an urban myth... (D'uh, I guess I could look it up... :rolleyes: )

yep. he was with the Baltimore Opera. and i love mythbusters. adam and jamie are freakin awesome. but kari totally makes the show worth watching :D i would love that job. getting to blow stuff up for a living, where do i sign up?

Mike Rowe is just too funny. Honestly, it's hard to see anyone else hosting that show. He handles himself with such grace, even when it appears things might not be going to plan. And according to behind the scenes clips and specials, a lot of things tend to go wrong!

ilh214 said:
thats awesome! what does your dad do?
He's a pyrotechnition. :devil:(try saying that 5 times fast) :lol:
He comes home most nights looking like the tin man, so his job is pretty dirty. :eek:
Blowing up stuff for a living,all day every day, isn't exactly clean...

^^ that is a very cool job your dad has csimiamiaddict
I bet he can get on Dirty Jobs

edog are those outtakes on YouTube?
I'll bet those are hilarious :lol:

Back