Did you know Lindsay was in love with Danny?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 4, 2008.

?

Did you know Lindsay was in love with Danny?

1. Yes, I was pretty sure she was.

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. I suspected she was.

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. No, I had no idea until she said something.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  4. I hadn't given it much thought either way.

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yes, that's rather cruel. I personally think it's more interesting to consider how Lindsay viewed their interaction. From the speech where she said that she loved him I get the impression that, whilst she had realised that he didn't feel the same way, at some point she must have hoped that her feelings would be reciprocated.

Has Lindsay ever experienced love before? Could she be confusing a crush with something more? Maybe she can't tell the difference. But then again I believe that love is a different experience for everyone, so just because I don't see it doesn't mean that others won't or that she couldn't be genuinely in love with Danny. Even if it's not being shown in a conventional way. ;) :p

:lol: Very true. But whilst I may not have seen it on screen, their comments still lead me to believe that something would be going on between Danny and Lindsay at some point in the season. Unless TPTB completely changed their mind on the relationship, which I just couldn't see happening.

2. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

Ok so I voted yes because I was pretty sure that she was..... although I was pretty sure that they were dating after Snow Day so I may not be too clever about these things :lol: . When you look at the interaction between the two characters in Seasons 2 and 3, it did seem that the writers were working on bringing them together - e.g. NWILL, SooH. I never saw SD as a one night to be honest because of what had come before that and how they were together in the morning after scene, I did not think that they were awkward together in anyway.

i agree with Elsie that TPTB's comments about Season4 influenced us .... this was definitely the case for me. But we just got a lot of ambiguity about their relationship this season and i did feel that Lindsay was more interested in Danny on a few occasions. Which differed to previous seasons IMO. It seems that the viewers were left to make their own assumptions this season so I am hoping that we get some answers soon. For all of our sakes :lol:

3. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

From what I’ve seen this season, I suspected TPTB would say that she is in love with Danny because they want us to believe they are/were. :rolleyes: Maybe she carried on their relation’ship’ and Danny stopped the course because he had to deal with Ruben’s death. Common sense says that when the person you’re in love with stops reciprocating the emotion, you should move on. I hope Lindsay takes a hold of her common sense and moves on. Obviously he’s got deeper issues than she and she doesn’t need to drama, no matter how cute he is. :drool:

That’s not to say that I feel they should be in a relationship, based on what I’ve seen. Casual sex amongst co-workers happens and doesn’t always spawn love relationships. There are no horses, chariots and rainbows. :lol: We weren’t privy to any dates, phone calls or anything that would signify these two were dating. I think the whole not answering the question is brilliant in one way, but if it’s going to continue to be a storyline, it’s time they either pee or get off the pot.

But then again, this is the tv show that gave us Mac and Peyton and we didn’t know that she even existed.

4. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

(this is all said in my opinion and my interpretation of events/scenes)

after watching the scene where Lindsay said she had fallen in love with Danny it made me think about past episodes and if there was any indication or any back up to what she said...

look at eps like "Not What it Looks Like", "Love Run Cold", "Sleight Out of Hand", "Snow Day", "Commutted Sentences" and some more from this season and you can see that she truly has/had feelings for Danny. just the way she is around him all giddy and happy and just letting go. even in LRC she didn't want what she was going through to affect her relationship with Danny so she just falt out told him that she couldn't be with him. i think that took a lot for Lindsay to say b/c she had a lot of feelings for him and she wasn't afraid to let him go like that.

even just the smaller D/L scenes where they tease each other over something, Lindsay looks like she can just grab Danny and kiss the hell outta him. Danny seems to like it when the both of them flirt but he's not as into it as Lindsay is.

i think when Lindsay said "i've fallen in love with you" and that she had to find a way to get over that, Danny saw what he did and realized that Lindsay (obviously) loved and cared for him. yes we do get some scenes with Lindsay where she's not there for other co-workers or Danny but she does care and when she's finally trying her hardest to help someone out he pushed her away. when Lindsay said the fallen in love line that takes a lot for someone to admit that and she wouldn't have said that if she wasn't truly in love with Danny.

5. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I can go for her having a crush on or being infatuated with him, but love? Sorry, but no. That's just stretching it way too much for me. I might go as far as saying she thinks that she's in love with him - but I'm not entirely convinced she has enough emotional experience to qualify the statement of being in love with Danny.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

The irony is that Love Run Cold was the episode that showed me how little she thought of Danny. She stands him up for a dinner and doesn't even bother telling him a reason, even after he asks her? If she was so concerned about whatever she was going through affecting Danny in any way, she wouldn't have accepted the dinner date at all and just told him straight up like a mature adult that it wasn't the right time or something. And her excuse of 'it's not you, it's me'? That's an excuse even teenagers would cringe at. As for her smiling after rejecting Danny and leaving him standing there in the hallway like a dolt, I don't even wanna talk about that. It's as creepy as her smiling at him after he got beaten up by Irish mobsters and was in pain and the last thing he needed was for Lindsay to make the moment about herself.
    Actually, considering she's pulled the emotional-manipulation stunt on Danny before (the episode where Danny gets slapped by the grieving mother), it's just as likely for Lindsay to have said that just for the sake of manipulating Danny into getting what she wants from him. Saying you've fallen in love with someone =/= you're definitely in love with someone. What does that blonde cop in those Police Academy movies always say? Talk is cheap. It's actions that really speak. And so far, we saw hardly any action on Lindsay's part to give Danny support apart from a half-hearted approach in the morgue (which Danny blatantly turned away) and her calling him up for lunch. Oh, and to back up the emotional-manipulation theory, if she really cared or loved him, she wouldn't have simply assumed he would do things the way she expected. She would have at least made an effort to ask him how he wanted to deal with things and given him a choice.

So yeah, I agree with origin-nknwn's statement that Lindsay thinks she's in love with him but doesn't have the emotional experience to qualify it. Heh, I'll even go so far as to say she's in love only with the man in her mind, not the real Danny, and that she's been in denial all this time about him not reciprocating her interest but hoping he'll give her what he wants if she manipulates him long enough. Of course, that's just my opinion. ;)

There's also this: There's a huge difference between Lindsay liking Danny and Lindsay being in love with him. Flirting/Infatuation =/= Love, far from it, in fact. If longing looks and sex make for the epitome of love these days, well then ... I guess Danny's deeply in love with Rikki, isn't he? ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  7. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

Amen, Kimmy. :p

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

It really seems to me that she sees certain things in Danny she likes, and what she doesn't she bends that part of his personality to conform. In some ways, Danny is very easily led. He wants to be loved and appreciated - he's needy and wants to prove himself to anyone who is willing to let him have that chance. She's used that to her advantage in one way and it has allowed her to form her vision of what Danny is like. And that is what she is infatuated with. Even though some of the attributes of this version of Danny come from him, it's not Danny entire and this is where the disadvantage of her doing lies. Danny cannot and will not live up to this vision.

I think the reason he's being more resistant now is the opening shine of infatuation with her has worn off and he can actually see more of who she really is. In a way, I think Danny was in love with the country girl who he thought would bring some stabilization to the chaos and it actually turns out that she's as screwed up as he is, if not more so.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Wanna know who said something really similar?

Mr. Giovinazzo himself, in his June CSI Files interview. :lol:

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Well, they do say great minds think alike... ;) :lol:

*pets Carmine*

11. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

Not to offend anyone who loves the pairing of Danny and Lindsay, but I voted the third option. In my opinion, she didn't come across as loving him. I agree with the episode review, when the critic Kristine Huntley mentioned it was delivered wrong.

12. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

I went for the last one. I was going to pick "No", but I felt this fitted my feelings better.

Her confession of love actually made my jaw drop. For the first few episodes of S4 I really thought (and hoped) that TPTB had given up with persuing the storyline of D/L, instead just making them co-workers who had a laugh together.

I didn't get any feelings from either actor that they were meant to be in a relationship, just a co-worker friendship vibe. Perhaps with a little embarrassement from Danny regarding the whole pool table thang. :eek:
    With his "Shup up and get back to work" line and his face with the spray on condom, to me it looked like a guy who wanted the ground to open up, especially as it was done IN FRONT of another colleague.

But other than that it was just everyday banter. Then when Ruben died she went to Mac and said that she didn't know how to deal with those situations, surely that is sooo much more of a bigger deal if you can't actually be there for the person you love/ are in a relationship with - however difficult YOU find it, you find a way to be there for the person you suposedly love, there were no words of condolences, she didn't go to the funeral, the only thing she did do prior to the confession (of love) was cover for him when he went AWOL and ask Flack to find him.

After suffering through the swings and roundabouts of emotions in S3, and the OBVIOUS push of D/L that after nothing in S4 it did come out of the blue. But at the same time, I was over it pretty much as it left her mouth, after all she tells a guy that that she loves him (who looked pretty shocked on hearing it) then tells him that she doesn't want to and that she is going to find a way to get over him?!

If you love him, but he is hard to love, but not only do you love him, but you are going to NOT love him anymore, why are you telling him?
    You don't need to tell the person that you are going to stop loving them, if said person doesn't know you love them in the first place. :wtf:

And if they were in a relationship at that point (dismissing Messer's sleeping with Rikki at this point - that is a whole other thread) that was one weird arsed way to dump someone?... :vulcan:

On a side note: I really did think she was going to do the whole Rachel Green thing (what is it with me and Friends references recently?!?!) and end that speech by saying "and that my friends is what we call closure."

Last edited: May 18, 2008