Deleted Danny and Lindsay Scene!

Danny is always there for Flack, they don't need to show it, we all know it's happening, Eddie told us we all know it's happening, clearly some of us don't know we know it's happening. :rolleyes:

Well, call me a cynical, but I don't see how smooching a co-worker who's got the hots for you is caring about your half-dead friend... :rolleyes:

He was thinking about Flack while he was doing it. Though he did look like he was waiting for them to say cut, while he was doing it.

Well, I can totally forgive Danny if he was thinking of Flack the whole time. :lol: ;)

Telling us that Danny is there for Flack is not the same as showing it. That being said, I do like Eddie's explanation that Flack keeps people at arm's length. I can see him wanting to be there for/supporting Danny, but not looking at Danny as someone who is capable of or emotionally strong enough to return the favor. I do think Danny's proving him right, though. ;)

On topic, Danny and Lindsay always kind of come off as awkward together--that whole "accidental bumping into each other" looked so fake. I chalk it up to the fact that there's just not a lot of chemistry there between them. There never has been--but they're having an easier time nowadays pulling off being excited about a baby than they've ever had pretending to be excited about each other. ;)

Have to say was kind of wierd watching it and how awkward they were, almost like teenagers when you like someone and just turn into a mess when you're next to them.

I don't thin i would have been so shocked if it aired when it did, I might have thought ok wrong timing but I kind of think it might have given us more of a base for the 3rd season.

Would it be cruel of me to say it didn't look like Danny was enjoying the kiss that much? If you compare that kiss to the way he kissed Rikki, I know it was different circumstances but still the Rikki kiss was so passionate and that, well just wasn't.

Would it be cruel of me to say it didn't look like Danny was enjoying the kiss that much? If you compare that kiss to the way he kissed Rikki, I know it was different circumstances but still the Rikki kiss was so passionate and that, well just wasn't.
I think you would not. But then again, when was the last time Danny and Lindsay had some chemistry... *coughnevercough*

The whole chemistry thing is very subjective. I definitely see chemistry between them, but then again I have from the beginning with these two. I like this scene because it truly does feel like a first kiss, whereas the SD one didn't. Not that the SD one was bad, it was just different.

As for Danny smooching with Lindsay while Flack was fighting for his life. It's yet another example of how tptb need to have Mac and Stella front and centre. While I undestand that, I do feel as though it's to the detriment to other relationships at times. It wouldn't have been too much to have Danny waiting alongside Mac, or even to have had him being with Flack for a while and then leaving, but just popping in as he did was a little tough. Just once I'd like to see something happening with Flack where Danny really is there for him. Much in the same way as I'd like to see more of an overt scene where Lindsay is there for Danny. Personally I'm happy to accept that a lot happens off screen, I never have been a viewer who needs to have all the t's crossed and the I's dotted but sometimes it gets a bit messy and ambiguous.

The whole chemistry thing is very subjective. I definitely see chemistry between them, but then again I have from the beginning with these two. I like this scene because it truly does feel like a first kiss, whereas the SD one didn't. Not that the SD one was bad, it was just different.

I think there's probably little chance that the kiss in SD was the characters' first kiss. Carmine said it was the first time Danny put out :lol: but given that Lindsay moved into kiss Danny in "Sleight Out of Hand," I would guess their first kiss came some time soon after.

As for Danny smooching with Lindsay while Flack was fighting for his life. It's yet another example of how tptb need to have Mac and Stella front and centre. While I undestand that, I do feel as though it's to the detriment to other relationships at times.

It gets old, because it implies that the relationships between Mac and Stella and each of the junior characters are the only important ones (save for the romantic relationships, of course) and that's frustrating. I don't think it services the show so much as it reminds us that Mac and Stella are the leads. We know they're the leads--that doesn't mean their relationships with the supporting characters are the most important ones.

It wouldn't have been too much to have Danny waiting alongside Mac, or even to have had him being with Flack for a while and then leaving, but just popping in as he did was a little tough. Just once I'd like to see something happening with Flack where Danny really is there for him.

That would definitely be nice to see, given how often we've seen Flack be there for Danny. It's not like Flack just saved Danny's pretty little ass in "Snow Day"--he's constantly dropped everything for Danny, and put a lot of OT when he's not on the clock to support and save Danny. The friendship feels so unbalanced right now.

Much in the same way as I'd like to see more of an overt scene where Lindsay is there for Danny.

Much as I do think Lindsay is often selfish and manipulative when it comes to Danny (though much less so this season than in the past), I do think she's been there for Danny more times than Danny has been for Flack. Lindsay was way more supportive than she should have been about the whole blue flu incident.

It's yet another example of how tptb need to have Mac and Stella front and centre
It gets old, because it implies that the relationships between Mac and Stella and each of the junior characters are the only important ones (save for the romantic relationships, of course) and that's frustrating. I don't think it services the show so much as it reminds us that Mac and Stella are the leads. We know they're the leads--that doesn't mean their relationships with the supporting characters are the most important ones
It doesn't mean their relationship are NOT either. They are the leads. This show is about Mac Taylor. At that's how it was introduced the show (please correct me if i am wrong). Only because some viewers don't like Mac and/or Stella and their relationship with the team it doesn't mean their interaction with other it's not important to the show itself.
I find Danny and Flack cute but Danny's attitude towards Donnie annoys me sometimes
(They are after all my second fav Slash couple) despite so many moments where they were talking heart-to -heart (always about Danny's issues). So i find more attractive the relationship between Donnie and Mac despite of we haven't seen many intimate scenes because we have a "return ticket" or "round ticket" in their relationship than a "one way ticket". I hope i could explain myself

Also the relationship between Stella and Don has been always closed. It would have been stupid if she wasn't there

Debbie ;)

It's yet another example of how tptb need to have Mac and Stella front and centre
It gets old, because it implies that the relationships between Mac and Stella and each of the junior characters are the only important ones (save for the romantic relationships, of course) and that's frustrating. I don't think it services the show so much as it reminds us that Mac and Stella are the leads. We know they're the leads--that doesn't mean their relationships with the supporting characters are the most important ones
It doesn't mean their relationship are NOT either. They are the leads.
Nobody said their relationships with the team members aren't important - just that the other relationships are important too. They are the leads, yes, but they are in an ensemble cast. Why should the supporting members not get to interact with each other because their interaction with the leads takes precedence?

Only because some viewers don't like Mac and/or Stella and their relationship with the team it doesn't mean their interaction with other it's not important to the show itself.
Whether people like them or not is irrelevant. I like them - but it would be nice if instead of concentrating on, say, Stella's relationship with Adam, we got to see Danny or Hawkes go see him instead of her. It has nothing to do with liking her or not. (How many times have we ever seen Adam in a 'serious' scene with someone who wasn't Stella or Mac? He can joke with Danny all day long, but as soon as it gets personal, Stella or Mac are there.)

Anyway, back to the topic of the thread - I still haven't watched the scene, and I don't plan to. :p

I think there's probably little chance that the kiss in SD was the characters' first kiss. Carmine said it was the first time Danny put out :lol: but given that Lindsay moved into kiss Danny in "Sleight Out of Hand," I would guess their first kiss came some time soon after.

As for Danny smooching with Lindsay while Flack was fighting for his life. It's yet another example of how tptb need to have Mac and Stella front and centre. While I undestand that, I do feel as though it's to the detriment to other relationships at times.

It gets old, because it implies that the relationships between Mac and Stella and each of the junior characters are the only important ones (save for the romantic relationships, of course) and that's frustrating. I don't think it services the show so much as it reminds us that Mac and Stella are the leads. We know they're the leads--that doesn't mean their relationships with the supporting characters are the most important ones.

It wouldn't have been too much to have Danny waiting alongside Mac, or even to have had him being with Flack for a while and then leaving, but just popping in as he did was a little tough. Just once I'd like to see something happening with Flack where Danny really is there for him.

That would definitely be nice to see, given how often we've seen Flack be there for Danny. It's not like Flack just saved Danny's pretty little ass in "Snow Day"--he's constantly dropped everything for Danny, and put a lot of OT when he's not on the clock to support and save Danny. The friendship feels so unbalanced right now.

Much in the same way as I'd like to see more of an overt scene where Lindsay is there for Danny.

Much as I do think Lindsay is often selfish and manipulative when it comes to Danny (though much less so this season than in the past), I do think she's been there for Danny more times than Danny has been for Flack. Lindsay was way more supportive than she should have been about the whole blue flu incident.

IMO absolutely nothing should have been said to Lindsay about the blu flue regarding Danny. Lindsay made the same decision as Hawkes did about staying in work. This is the problem with having a couple in the workplace, they are no longer treated as individuals and the 'sins' of one should not be put upon the other. If Hawkes had to make that comment, he should have waited for Danny to return to work and spoken to him about it privately.

I prefer shows to have a proper ensemble cast and the supporting characters to be those who are listed outside the main credits. That way all the main characters are of equal importance and storylines spread around by need of the script, instead of the pecking order of the participants. However, most shows seem to start off as star vehicles, like most top films do. This could be allowed to change as the series progresses and viewers are more likely to tune in to follow the show, rather than because 'so and so' was in another show / film they liked.

It doesn't mean their relationship are NOT either. They are the leads.
Nobody said their relationships with the team members aren't important - just that the other relationships are important too. They are the leads, yes, but they are in an ensemble cast. Why should the supporting members not get to interact with each other because their interaction with the leads takes precedence?

Agreed, and that was my point--that the relationships Mac and Stella have with the other cast members shouldn't be emphasized at the expense of the relationships between the other characters, especially when those relationships are set up as significant, i.e. Danny and Flack's friendship.

I find Danny and Flack cute but Danny's attitude towards Donnie annoys me sometimes

Exactly. It is annoying that Danny never returns the care and concern Flack constantly directs his way, and "Rush to Judgment" would have been a perfect chance for him to do so.

Getting back to the scene, I can definitely see why some are annoyed that it would have happened in the wake of Flack's injury. It is pretty stupid to see Danny worrying over Lindsay's little cut when Flack is in the hospital with his guts newly sewn back into his body.

When I say that I think it would have been better for it to be included, I'm thinking of the context of Danny and Lindsay's relationship. The way Lindsay treated Danny in season three was pretty noxious and what really turned me off to the ship--maybe if they'd kissed in season two the relationship wouldn't have taken such an unappealing turn in season three.

Back