"Dead of the Class" **SPOILERS**Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigatio

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Episode Title: 'Dead of the Class'
    Episode Number: 1317
    Synopsis: "The CSIs join David Phillips at his high school reunion when he discovers the prom queen's been murdered."
    Original Airdate
    : March 20, 2013

Written By
    : Tom Mularz
    Directed By: Alec Smight

Guest Stars:

• Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell
    • Emme Rylan as Amy Phillips
    • Bree Williamson as Becca Sabin
    • T.J. Ramini as Grady Foster
    • Jeanette Brox as Janet Morse
    • Michaela McManus as Kelly Nivens
    • Adam Busch as Max Dinello
    • Lucas Bryant as Sean McHenry
    • Kevin Cahoon as Gary Drosdick

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Re: "Dead of the Class" **SPOILERS**Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investig

David Berman & Tom Mularz live tweeting

Susan

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

David Berman Teases a Deadly High School Reunion

Susan

4. Frybynight

Frybynight Hit and Run

I enjoyed this episode but don't go into it thinking it will be lighthearted because it isn't.David Phillips was front and center but everyone has good screen time.I don't remember high school being this bad but then I graduated in 1970.The stories in my opinion have been getting stronger but I wonder why a simple anonymous phone call could not have been made and prevented the murder.The writers need to do some tweaking on points like this because these kinds of holes in the plot tend to ruin the story for some.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Is there any more ship stuff?

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Speaking from experience,I can tell you that while their IS life after high school,the teasing and bullying can have effects that last a life time.
    Having said that,you have to move on at some point,something the perps in this episode couldn't do.

7. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Loved Nick's "Super Dave" and now Super Dave has become Super Daddy.

Yaaaaaay

Like the scene with Finn and the autopsy was just creepy but great.

8. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I enjoyed the episode, but I would have liked more interactions between David and the old crew. Good to see David up front.

Loved how Nick called him Super Dave.

Aww...loved the sweet ending.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Any more GSR bits?

10. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

loved the end with Robbins and Hodges

MacsGirlMel : No GSR, Sara was not in it ;)

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

An okay episode. I somehow felt that the writer had intentionally left out Sara, otherwise she would've freaked out that the fake attorney Kelly looked so much like the suicide victim who talked to her in Homebodies. I wonder what was up with Morgan's expression when talking about her high school reunion. Mine wasn't exactly a walk in the park, but the cool grunge/early-1990s punk music that I remember makes up for my not having too many friends. I have a few good ones, plus other bittersweet memories even from total strangers back then. I've never been to a reunion, not even the prom. Nor do I miss it. I enjoyed being an introvert too much, I guess.

Super Dave definitely became Super Daddy. I love that scene, especially with Doc Robbins and Hodges, which I find rather odd. It's not everyday that Hodges and Super had ever been chummy. I would've love to have seen Super join Henry's "kidnappers" in Appendicitement. As for Henry, it looks as if he's the next token funny lab rat after Hodges after Greg. And nice throw on the drunk dude, Greg. I wonder who called about some body several feet from the crime scene.

The very first scene was like, whoa Super Dave was looking all Psycho Dave. Now, why would he be carrying a knife and wiping it in the bedroom? Do M.E.s bring their morgue equipment back to their homes and back to work? At first I thought, something's happened and that Dave got all personal and out-of-character and this scene could've been fast forwarded until it goes to hours earlier-mode, which I'm not really fond of. But, I'm glad it wasn't. And the autopsy scene was rather grotesque yet funny and awkward, even in front of Doc. Though, I expected the prom queen to be more callous towards Dave as he imagined it.

And I'm liking Nick's unshaven self here. He looked great no matter what. Funny that he can seem like one of the most boring people in the room, yet it's those little differences in him that I find hard to resist.

Not a bad episode, yet not the best.

12. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I actually really liked this one and didn't feel it felt particularly contrived at all, if anything it was one of the simpler episodes of the season so far and I was really happy that it didn't follow the cliche "unpopular kid takes revenge on popular kid" storyline.

Good balance of characters throughout even though Sara was missing (which I didn't realise until about five minutes before the end) and it was great to see SuperDave highlighted so much. The personal stuff wasn't overwhelming to the story and we even got some nice moments from characters I'm not a big fan of such as Hodges and especially Finn at the end. I think I'm really starting to warm to her now that I know she hasn't been thrown in our faces every episode. The little details we got about some of the other character's high school lives were an added bonus too.

The scene with David and the talking corpse was hilarious! Got some real "Toe Tags" and "Six Feet Under" vibes from that!

Great episode overall. Definitely one of the stronger ones this season. After a disappointing middle run of episodes, I'm hoping that the last five exceed or at least match the quality of this one. :)

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

I guess it was a way to show that Hodges wants a family of his own.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I enjoyed this episode more than I expected. I still find the lighter stories to be more entertaining like this one. These types of episodes usually bring in good ratings too.

I think they are writing Finn better now. I am not as annoyed with her anymore since she is not throwing around orders or talking seemingly down to anyone anymore.

I loved the scene with David talking to the body and "her" talking back. That was really funny. Again CSI is one of the few crime shows that does humor so well one week and then serious stuff the next.

I was happy we got to see a lot of everyone too.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just now starting to watch, but...wait...his high school reunion and DB says about the victim, "Queen of the class...15 years after her reign."

So we are supposed to believe Super Dave is 33? I guess that's only 7 years, but...therefore he was supposedly a 20 year old Assistant Coroner when the show first started??

This doesn't make sense.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013