David Berman/Super Dave Phillips #1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by jeniks, Mar 13, 2005.

1. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

Re: Super Dave

David Berman is awesome!!! He does a lot of the research for the show, too!
    Ahhhh! I totally missed the ring stuff....guess i'll have to catch it when it's repeated.
    I love the comedic side of his character - and so much of it is a result of Berman's acting...gotta love the facial expressions. Yup, totally adoreable!!!! :)

2. lament

lament Captain

I'll have to check that out. I don't remember if I've ever actually seen Josh Berman. So far, I've been too cheap to buy the Season 4 DVDs. :rolleyes:

3. GSRobsessed

GSRobsessed Dead on Arrival

I love David!!! He's sooo cute, I just want to squeeze him. I really like the part in "35k O.B.O." when he's flouroscoping the victim and Griss and Sara walk in the observation room, David gives Sara this huge, mega-watt smile and Grissom gives Sara this look like "What was that for?".

4. Agertays

Agertays CSI Level Three

I love David!!! hess soo kool, hes one of those people that i wanna see more of! :)

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd have to say what you quoted was probably my favourite David moment. :p I love how his character is one of the most... realistic of all of them. I think the writers do a good job making real people out of their main characters, but I think David's character is one of the best written (despite his acute lack of screentime :()

I forgot about him being called Super Dave! :p I shall now refer to him only as such. :D

6. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Yes, hail Super Dave! (Check my siggy, gotta love all the little people! :D ) He and Doc Robbins are such a good team in the morgue. He's like the Greg of the morgue, new and still learning and funny and cute while doing it. Funniest Super Dave moment was the splatter in the face cuz he forgot to put down his mask. :lol:

7. Nik

Nik CSI Level One

My fave Super Dave moments are already listed.

On the decomp, I like how he was saying that he likes to wait until the last possible moment to unzip the bag (and esp when Sara finds out WHY!)

On the scene in "Crow's Feet" I like what Cath says to him. Not only is she feeling Nick's muscle as he looks on awkwardly, he's carrying the vic's purse, and Catherine goes "Nice purse, David." Poor Super Dave!

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

A fav quote that sticks in my mind is when he is looking at the clown in the tire dead, and catherine asks..
    Catherine: What's up, David? You find something?
    David Phillips: I was just thinking that I wouldn't be caught dead in those shorts.

9. jeniks

jeniks Police Officer

okay, so i saw "Fur and Loathing" again today and I just had to mention I love the part at the beginning where David is reminiscing about the Raccon that hosted the kids show....sad but sooooo very funny! classic!

10. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Finally i find this thread!!!!!!!! its from a year ago. thats sad that no one writes about superdave. he cracks me up. my 2 faavorites were in crows feet (of course)
    and in werewolves when the labrats barged into the morgue ("you may not touch or pet the decedent")

2 questions.
    1) how many times has he misplaced a dead body?
    2) how many times and in what eps has he been called superdave?

11. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

I believe that's twice -as far as I can remember ;)

Both times during season 5. In Viva Las Vegas (501) and in Iced (524) :)
    Oh and both times he was called Super Dave by Nick

12. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

I loved "Viva Las Vegas" with the "alien" autopsy. :lol:

David is really cute in that awkward, bumbling way. I really felt bad for him when Ecklie was yelling at him for losing that body. Evil Ecklie! (but we already knew that, right?) :devil:

13. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

of course eclies evil!! as far as i know, he has lost 2 bodies, but maybe there were more?

14. Sirea

Sirea CSI Level One

Has he? I only remember that one where they found the body later on a bench outside the police station with a party hat on :lol:

15. trent_bowie

trent_bowie Rookie

OMG! We have our very own Joxer! Sweeeet! :D