Danny/Lindsay #23: Because it is a big deal to us!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Little_Peaches, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Oh yea, love the scenes from SOOH and SD. I also love the one, I think it was All Access when Lindsay got upset about Stella while talking to a suspect and stormed out. I love how Danny followed her.

I hope we get some of that following in 5x09.

Oh and I agree, at this point them talking to each other would make me happy.

2. Corazon

Corazon Victim

I actually watched Child's Play yesterday and I really liked it. Very emotional. What bothered me was the awful dubbing of Rikki. I know that she's got a quite pleasant voice in reality. In German it was just terrible.:shifty:

It's nice to hear what Anna says about the baby storyline, though I would have prefered if they would have talked things out after what happened last season. But obviously we're just meant to believe that they are happily together because we are told so... What will the not-spoilered people out there think when Lindsay gets pregnant out of nowhere...

3. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Honestly to the millions of casual veiwers out there, I dont think they will think anything of it..D/L to them is just one aspect of the show..The thing about TV is, they like to shock people...I don't think that we will be left wondering, I think everything will be explained leading up to and in episode 9. I am sure the writers have a plan, they are proffessionals, all we can do is sit back and wait.

4. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Praise that LAWD!!! They finally had lots of time together.
    I love it when they banter between them. The ride to the house......that little banter they had. Yeah, that sounds like something me and my husband would say. I loved the little smile Danny had when Montana got the idea about the scan code. Yeah, he thinks she's cute when she does that.:adore: OK. That is all for now.

5. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Yay!!! Finally! Me + DL scenes = happy!

I liked the episode. Danny looked sooo amazing. :melts: He looked amazing on the boat ride over and loved his hair at the scene! :adore:

Lindsay looked good, they didn't show her baby bump at all. I agree messygirl73, I loved the smile Danny had on his face when Lindsay walked away. The banter was really cute between the two of them.

'Boom' is back! I just wish 'Montana' would come back. I hope we get some more DL in the next episode but probably not too much since the focus is on Mac.

6. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

*waves shyly* I hope someone remembers me :)

I finally watched all eps, including last night's, and it's now fun to come in here again and discuss what's going on.

Looks like I made it just in time to see the (sleightly strange) transition from Lindsay who?/Danny who? to "show off" and talking and smiling at each other again :rolleyes:. For weeks they've been ignoring each other's existence and now we are suddenly surprised by this :wtf:...it was fun though to finally see them in a scene together again where they are both smiling and keep smiling.

Although I am quite curious how the writers are going to handle the mess they've created for themselves and for us, I am dreading it at the same time :scream:

On one hand I'm loving what Anna says about them dealing with it in a loving an honest way, because 'honest' indicates that -at least this time- they will talk about their feelings :cool:; but on the other hand I'm getting irritated by the fact that they are probably going to show the end of the 'rain walk' at the beginning of 5x09 and then just assume that we all understand that they've slept together that night without ever addressing Lindsay's reasons for going there after all (and having unprotected sex with someone she's not completely trusting), and for them not to talk to each other during eps 1-6. '

I hope everyone's doing fine and please tell me if there's anything I need to know :cool:

7. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Hi dutch_treat, I must be too new to remember you but hi!

I agree, it is somewhat strange how they went from no Danny and Lindsay scenes to 3 scenes with them. In a way it's kind of like 'whoa, where did that come from?'

I don't know if I think they were ignoring each other per se but they just never really gave them scenes together. If they were ignoring each other I feel like if one walked into a room where the other was, one would walk out. I think it was poor planning on the part of TPTB.

It was very upsetting to have pretty much no interaction between the two of them for episode 1-6. Well, I guess they really haven't had any interaction since Personal Foul right? But it was nice to get some last night...even if it felt like it was out of the blue.

Anyhow, welcome back and hope to see you around here more.

8. dutch_treat

^ Hi there yourself! :) You are indeed a new name for me, but I'm glad to see that new people are still joining my so beloved D/L thread. Due to some personal stuff and -to be frank- a bit of annoyance with some fandom issues (to put it nicely :rolleyes:) I haven't been here for a while; but I intend to come around to this thread more often!

I agree that they didn't exactly have scenes together, but even if the two of them were there on a cs or in the lab (accompanied by others or not) it did give me the feeling that they were both trying hard not to directly address the other. It could've been a case of poor planning, but the sudden friendliness of last night -even though it made me happy- :cool: really seemed a bit out of place.

Right and...don't know if you're spoiler-free or not :)

apparently they had even more interaction than we thought :devil:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  9. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

Me...spoiler free??? Ha! I can't help myself, I always have to know.

Yea, I agree, the sudden friendliness was out of place. They could have built it up so much better.

But I guess they really couldn't because of finding out about Anna being pregnant after they already filmed the first few episodes.

I really hope we see some sort of re-connecting scenes in 5x09 if they show flashbacks to PF. I would like to see that they talked things out maybe before PF which led to why she went over to his place. Oh I don't know, I hope it gets worked out.

10. dutch_treat

^ LOL, that I can relate to :cool:

I think that right now flashbacks are the only way to save whatever credibility they still have :rolleyes:. To me, Lindsay's whole body language in PF said that she was not even considering to go over to his place, so to now convince me that she had a good reason to go there AND have sex with Danny will take a lot of effort on TPTB's part.

Given what we've seen so far I can maybe handle a tired-of-all-her-emotions Lindsay giving in to her passion for him one last time, after which we see them discuss it and decide that they will go back to just being colleagues (thus the awkwardness in the beginning) and see where it will lead them

11. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

The worst is when you read a spoiler and get really excited and then the scene is changed or taken out...those are the days when I wish I could restrain myself.

After Lindsay hung up with Danny in PF I didn't think she would go over but when they showed her later when she was looking for a cab, it might be believable that she decided to go. But yea, after realizing how close together all those episodes were that kinda showed the turmoil of their relationship (DOA for a Day, Right Next Door and Like Water for Murder) it's hard to believe she'd sleep with him just because he said he missed her.

I can't wait to see what they wind up doing so I don't have to speculate because I'm really bad at that.

12. dutch_treat

^ LOL, well I'm a great speculator...unfortunately most of the times I get it wrong; there's such a huge gap between what I want and what the writers are doing with this couple that it is a miracle I'm still hanging on..

Anna's pregnancy really forced them to take quite a different route or at least earlier than they perhaps planned. I just hope they take the Danny did a stupid emotion's driven thing by sleeping with Rikki (imo) and Lindsay is only human so she let her emotions get the better of her once, too.

I cannot wait to see 5x09 either.

13. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

Well it seems according to TPTB that Danny and Lindsay are together.

This is what Peter Lenkov said in his last interview about a month ago

It obviously wasnt a one time thing, going off that. Because then I think he would have worded it different. Probably would have said." Danny and Lindsay were in a realtionship."

Episodes 1 through 4 were filmed straight after the finale..Its possible TPTB/CBS hadn't made a decission yet, about whether to write in the pregnancy or not. So they just didn't have them interact at all, because were uncertain of how they would play their interactions. Its a bold and daring decission to write in a pregnancy between two main characters IMO, and not one they would take lightly. Then they would have to think of a way to plan and introduce that storyline, which takes time.

And in regards to whether Lindsay went over there, IMO it was left ambiguous. It could have gone either way. Nothing suggested whether she would go or not. Its possible once she got off the phone, she thought long and hard about what to do. And regards to no contraception. The failure rate of contraception overall is roughly 8% so its possible she got pregnant even though they used it. IMO it doesnt make Lindsay look like a weak person going to Danny's, its possible she thought about things while she was avoiding him, which IMO is a good thing, means she went back without influence from Danny. It was a decission she came to on her own. Love is a powerful emotion, its not just something you can shut off and on. Also just over half of all couples that experience infedality stay together, its doesnt have to mean the end of a relationship, a lot of the times it can actually make your relationship stornger. (Not that I condone cheating, I dont, it just doesnt always have to be the death sentence for a relationship like people think.) I also think D and L were always meant to end up together, maybe TPTB changed how they did it because of the pregnancy, but I dont think the end result would be much different to what we will see coming up. In regards to D and L seeming like it came out of the blue last night. You need to remember that most people that watch this show, dont watch it closely like we do, the causal viewer probably hasnt thought anything of it...IMO its no more out of the blue in their minds that Flack and Angell, whom have had a few flirty moments over 2 seasons, now are apparently together. I think a lot of things will be explained in episode 9...This is TV after all, its all about the drama and the shock...You want to make a big impact. Which IMO is kind of the effect they are going for, think of how Danny feels finding out, and that IMO is how we are supposed to feel.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  14. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

15. AliJG

AliJG Prime Suspect

No worries, I get confused by some internet talk too. IMO means In My Opinion.

And thank you melanie33, for you insight, I definitely forget sometimes that most people don't read spoilers so they're watching the show not expecting what I'm expecting. Everything you said makes me very optimistic, thank you! :)

Don't know if anyone read the spoiler report for 5x09 but it looks like we get some insight into Danny's past, more specifically, what happened with his baseball career. That should be interesting!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.