Dancing on Ice

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kitty_koo, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Anyone else been watching this? Its no-where near as good as Strictly come dancing but its still good Saturday evening tv.
    Im supporting Kieran Bracken this year, he was great last saturday! I cant belive Foxy went, i wanted Stephen Gately to go instead

2. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

Foxy was rubbish but that Kate or whoever she is that was in the dance-off was far worse than him. I think its harder for the boys because they have to get their footwork right and the confidence to liftsomeone whilst the females just seem to get flung around a lot and dont spend as much time on the ice itself ( a bit like Bonnie last year who was flung around like a doll and didnt seem to do much dancing on ice).

3. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

as a figure skater myself I can tell you now the men have a must harder job than the girls the girls can be lifted up and dragged around but its a man's role in a partnership t lift and to lead, and its also very dangerous for the non professional men t be picking up the girls!!

4. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

yer the men defiently have a harder job, some of the couples are going to have a really hard job where the girls are taller than the guys

5. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

I so wanted that Kate or Ulrika (or however you spell it) to go. Both seem really cocky and arognant. We can hope for this week.

6. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

i didnt think lee sharp was that good either

7. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

There are a couple that stand out. Clare Buckfield is one. Can you believe how many of them got injuried in training. It's nothing like Strictly Come dancing. I think it's much harder.

8. speedleishot

speedleishot Rookie

well yer, its not like you have to learn how to walk before you start the dancing, but they have to learn how to skate before they start ice dancing

9. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Very true. I would have loved to be able to ice skate but I spend all my time on the ice.

Who do you think will go on Saturday?

10. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I watched last series but I've not really got into this years. I can't stand Ulrika. I hate her attitude whenever I see her on anything. When she's been on 8 Out of 10 Cats she's always been really cocky and bitchy. Is it wrong to say that?

11. dna_girl

dna_girl Witness

No, I don't really like Ulrika either, I want Kieron or Claire to win. Although Duncan from Blue is very easy on the eye and seems a natural at the skating.

12. ryansnuttytart

ryansnuttytart Rookie

Yeah Duncan isn't bad considering how tall he is and that Christopher Dean said it is harder for tall men.

I'd like him, Claire or Kieron to win. I really wanted to see what Foxy could do. I think he could have been alright.

I so hate that Judge Jason Gardner ( I think that's his name).He comes across as really mean and not rally commenting on the performance.

13. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I know. He always seems like he enjoys being mean. There's always one judge who's just nasty.

14. CraneFalconGCR

CraneFalconGCR Witness

I think he's just playing up to the camera's half the time and trying to get all the attention on himself when the audience only really care about the contestants and not the judges.

15. kitty_koo

kitty_koo Hit and Run

Its like he's trying to be the Craig Revel Horwood of Dancing on Ice,and that new Russian female judge is Arlene,lol