CSI Shipper Melting Pot

sarahvma

Captain
Okay, for a while now, especially with the finale and certain revelations at the beginning of the sixth season as well, I think that there has been a bit of a lip-bitten sentiment that people really want to discuss other ships in here.

Unfortunately, because it's so hard to stay unbiased and stick to your own topic as well, that has been frowned upon and kind of disallowed.

While Talk is a great place to discuss your OWN ship and your hopes for it and so on, I really feel that we need a place where we can flat-out discuss everyone in a very uninhibited way.

So Ziggystarduzt , Reeble and I had an idea: to set up a group where ANY shipper of Las Vegas could come and talk about any ship they want, including getting into real discussions (not flat-out arguments, but discussions) with the opposing shippers themselves.

The group's name is CSI Shipper Melting Pot because I'm so terribly original... :rolleyes:

And anyone, as I said, may join. I do believe you have to submit some kind of request, but I guarentee that as long as you tell me what your nickname is here, that I'll let you in.

This is NOT a GSR board (even though the three of us did come up with it, although as I've stated before, I also ship YoBling, the Love and Sandles, and so does Ziggy) and no one ship will feel like they are being especially bullied or "tricked" if they join.

Join! Click Me!

Thanks! And again, no one should feel like they shouldn't join or anything. If the idea appeals to you, go ahead.

It won't be this huge firestorm, it should just be a good place to discuss.

I think this should go to the websites forum instead of shipper central. Although it's a group for shippers, it's still some kind of a pimpage for a discussion group that is outside of Talk CSI. Just my opinion.

Thanks, Erica - I didn't know that that was an option. I was kind of trying to market it here, but you're right.

ETA

Quick note to say that yes, ALL ships are welcome. Including slashes and threesomes.

I think it´s a good thing. I just think it´s a shame we can´t discuss other ships here at TalkCSI anymore. We used to have a thread for that here.

Agreed, and it's like I said - I think part of the reason is because some people feel they can't really discuss it, and others feel like they have to troll or shout in order to have their opinion heard. If we're all just on one site where it's completely allowed and comfortable, I think a lot of the hostility that people feel will probably die down.

Not to say you can't really speak your mind about something, but I think that a lot of people feel that there are times when it crosses the line between free speech and bashing, so if it's clear that nothing is really "bashing" so long as personal attacks at posters and actors are kept light, then it will be a more welcoming atmosphere.

No. I just don't see the point; almost all shippers won't get talked into liking another contrary ship (like GSR/Snickers). It will just get things heated up and I don't know if that's a good thing. IF there comes a Melting Pot, I don't think that I could join, since I feel attacked when someone attacks my ship. I mostly have good arguments though...I'll think about it. But still, there is no point in something like this.

I agree that it does have a high possibility of getting heated, but that's why I want a good variety of assistant managers to back things up.

In particular, I'd love for MBGrissom and EricaSJ to mod it with me, because I think that regardless of who they ship, they always show a lot of respect and are good at solving disputes.

It will NOT be about trying to convert people at all, but if it's not your thing, Fabian , that's totally cool.

I think that the group is a great idea, as long as people understand that just because someone says something negative about your ship it is not a personal attack. And there are ways to express your ideas about a ship without attacking the shipper. As long as we all agree to disagree and still be respectful then it will be a fun place to visit.

I personally am all about Snickers and I also like Grissom and Catherine, but not really a shipper of theirs. But I'll also admit that I have seen some GSR moments, and some Catherine-Nick moments.

I am not anti-GSR, I am pro-snickers.

Back