CSI: NY--'Green Piece'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 12, 2009.

1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

One of the issues I had about this episode that concerned me was the portrayal of the eco-terrorist. I was worried the show was going to stereotype them as fanatics as did other shows like Law and Order.

However, the added touch in the end with Stella showing the so called electronics recycler what happened when the computer left overs got to China was a good balance. Both parties were wrong.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Of course he doubts himself--that's part of his insecurity. But why the rush now, before Lindsay goes to Montana? Why the "I don't know" when Mac asked him if he wanted to marry Lindsay because of the baby? The wedding is all about Danny's insecurity and not about whether they're a good match as a couple.

We've seen so little from Lindsay's point of view--besides the fact that she's excited about the baby--that it's hard to say, but I'd chalk it up to her being in love with Danny and wanting to believe what he's saying. She wants Danny--she's always wanted Danny--but she wants some unrealistic, changed version of Danny without the flaws. His insecurity is leading him to tell her he can give her that. She's buying it because she wants to. Not exactly the best way to enter into a marriage.

You're mistaking passion for sex. I'm not talking about a sexually-charged moment; Sara was hardly thinking about throwing Grissom on the ground and ripping his clothes off when she kissed him in "Goodbye and Good Luck," but there was real heat there, a real energy and connection that you could feel. The same exists between Delko and Calleigh on Miami. But not Danny and Lindsay. Two quick, perfunctory kisses right before the wedding with no energy to them at all? That shows a lot about their relationship.

I do like that both were shown as being in the wrong, though someone brought up in the grading thread that Stella really drove the knife in and twisted it with the guy who just lost his daughter. I think that scene could have played out a bit better--I realize they were trying to drive the irony home, but I thought it came off a bit cruel, though it did definitely drive home the severity of what Redman was doing.