CSI:NY...Don't forget to say Good-bye

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MacsLovlyAngl, Oct 29, 2008.

1. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

CSI:NY...Don't forget to say Good-bye

A New story by MacsLovlyAngl

I do not own these characters, just the story. This is going to be taken from "Cuts"

Chapter 1

She was packing up the remaining items that were left in her office. As she sealed the last box he walked in. Looking up she couldn't smile. Had no reason to smile.

She could see the pain in his eyes. She knew how hard he tried to keep her. She knew how difficult it was going to be for them to be apart. They had been partners for five years. Over those years they became best friends. Now due to budget cuts, he was forced to let her go.

Well actually she refused to stay. Once she heard Mac was willing to give up equipment that was needed for the lab, she knew she had to make the choice to leave. She couldn't allow the lab to faulter just so Mac could keep her.

Lowering her head again so he wouldn't see her cry, she sealed the last box. Then standing up, she picked it up and walked towards the door. Taking one last look, she raised her eyes to Mac, smiled, and walked out of his life.

Watching her walk towards the elevator he knew he could stop her. But he also knew she wouldn't listen. The lab was to important to her, she would never give up equipment in exchange for herself.

As the elevator door opened, Mac could see her tears fall from her eyes as she whispered....

"Call me okay? Take care of yourself Mac. And the team."

As the elevator doors closed, Mac stood there lost in thought.

"Mac!!!"

"What is it Danny?" He said with a sigh.

"How could you let her leave? Why would you let her. She didn't even say good-bye."

Mac wasn't ready to answer questions. It was Stella's decision. When she was ready she would let the team know.

"It's up to Stella to tell you Danny. Now if you will excuse me, I need to be alone."

Walking away from Danny, he headed into his office and sat down. He knew things would be different now. He knew working a case would never be the same again without her.

"God Mac...why didn't you try harder? Why didn't you fight more." He whispered to himself. Even the team was willing to take a paycut to keep her, but still she refused Mac.

When she arrived at home she unpacked her boxes. Placing most of the items in her closet. She took out the pictures of the team. Sitting them on top of her table in the living room.

Sighing deep she sat down and thought about her new job tomorrow. "How bad could it be to work under Don. What could be so wrong about starting new?"

She knew it would be strange for a while to see the team working the case, while she stood in the back asking the questions, or giving the information to the CSI's.

Feeling a headache coming on she took a couple aspirin and fell asleep.

Mac was getting ready to head home. As he looked out over NY, he felt the emptiness hit. He felt the silence fill his office. The sound of her laughter, her smile was gone. Most of all he realized he missed the scent of her perfume as it lingered through his office.

Turning away from the window, he grabbed his bag, and headed home.

"Hey Mac!!"

"Hmm?? What is it Don?"

"I thought maybe we could go for a coffee, or a beer. I'd like to talk to you."

Mac didn't want to talk. He felt jealousy towards Don. He had taken his CSI from him. Though he knew he had no reason to blame Don. But yet he couldn't help himself. Christ what was making him feel this way. Why did his heart hurt so much?

"I think I'll pass Don. I just want to go home and rest. Thanks for the offer."

"Please Mac. I've known you for years now. I know you are in pain. I know you are going to miss her."

"I'm not going to miss her Don. I'll see her everyday. This was her decision, I'm fine with it."

"Are you sure Mac? Because it seems to me like you're upset. You want to know what I think Mac?"

Mac didn't want to know. Turning he tried to walk away as Don grabbed his arm.

"I think you love her Mac. I think you've fallen in love with her."

"You're crazy Don. I don't want to hear no more about it. I'll see you tomorrow."

Watching the elevator door close Don knew deep down in his heart whether Mac wanted to admit it or not. He loved Stella. His only thought remained..."How long would it take the two of them to realize it."

tbc...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Hi, New Story.. *Jumps up and down*. I'm having great enthusiasm about this.

Aw.. Aw.. Stella's leaving the lab and joining NYPD under Don? Sad for Mac and myself.. But I'll be getting to read more Stella in Action. That would be great! They'll still work together though. Hmm, Mac is denying his feeling for Stella.. Both of them are..

She took a couple of "me"? *Kidding* I always laugh and smile non-stop when I read "aspirin". It reminds me of myself.

Thank you, Linda.. for this new story. *Hugs*

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

aww come on fix it!!!!

4. MacsLovlyAngl

Chapter 2

Once the elevators closed Don seen Lindsay and Danny walking down the hall.

"Hey Messer!!! Where are you two off too?"

"Nowhere. I'm just getting ready to take Lindsay home. Why? What did you need Don."

"Nothing. Just thought we could go for a beer."

"I'll tell you what. Let me drop Lindsay off and I'll meet you back here in about twenty minutes."

"Sounds good. It will give me time to finish my paperwork."

As Danny and Lindsay walked down 42nd street they didn't realize they were being followed. Crossing the street, they neared the alley. Running up the two perps knocked them across the head. Down they went out cold.

NYPD

"Don. We have a call out. Two victims on 42nd street. One dead, one injured."

"Okay thanks. Has anyone called Mac?"

"We already did. He should be there by now."

Leaving the station he arrived at the crime scene. Looking at Mac's face he knew it wasn't good. Moving in closer Don seen Lindsay lying dead, while Danny was being lifted onto a gurney.

"What the hell happened Mac?"

"They were jumped. Two witness say they seen two male suspects flee the scene. Where's Stella?"

"She's at home. She doesn't start till tomorrow."

"I already talked to the Chief. I'm down two CSI's Don. So Stella is coming back to the team. Which is why she should be here by now."

"Hell of a way to get her back Mac. I'll try calling her."

"Hey Mac. I'm here. Sorry. The Chief just called and informed me."

Looking down she noticed Lindsay.

"Oh my God. Lindsay. What happened Mac?"

"Her and Danny were jumped by two male suspects. Danny's been injured, Lindsay didn't make it."

"This is no way to get my job back Mac. I can't believe this. We need to find these suspects fast."

Mac could tell Stella was upset. Reaching over he brushed her arm. A simple it will okay brush.

Once Lindsay was placed into the body bag and headed back to the morgue. Mac and his team finished processing the scene.

"Sheldon get this evidence back to Adam. Stella and I will head over to the Hospital."

"Did you want me to inform Lindsay's parents?"

"No. I'll do that. Make sure you call me if Adam finds anything."

"I will Mac. Tell Danny I'll stop by later."

Walking away Mac helped Stella into the car as they headed over to check on Danny.

tbc...

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

New story :D Great start ;)

*sits patiently for next update*

6. MacsLovlyAngl

The first thing Mac did when he arrived at the Hospital was look for Danny.

"Excuse me. I'm Detective Mac Taylor. Could you please tell me where I could find my CSI. Detective Danny Messer?"

"Of course Detective. He's in Trauma room 2. The doctors just finished working on him. He's going to be fine. Slight concussion. We haven't informed him about his partner yet."

"That's fine. I'll do it. Thank you."

"You go ahead Mac. I'm going to call Lindsay's parents."

"Okay Stel. Thanks."

Caressing Mac's arm she walked away.

Entering the room Mac found Danny sitting up on the bed.

"Mac!! Where's Lindsay? They won't tell me anything. Is she okay?"

"I'm sorry Danny. She didn't make it. Can you remember anything that happened?"

Danny was in tears. Sure he and Lindsay had had their differences. Sure they had dated for a while. But he still cared about her deeply.

"I don't know Mac. It all happened so fast. One minute we were crossing the street near the alley. Next thing, I woke up here. Have you called Lindsay's parents yet Mac? They need to know."

"Stella's doing that now Danny."

Nodding that he understood, he sobbed quietly. Walking up to his side, Mac took him in his arms and held him. such heart wretching sobs could be heard coming from his heart. Mac knew it would be a while before Danny would be able to cope with the loss of Lindsay.

"It's okay Danny. Just let it all out. Do you have anyone to stay with for the night?"

"Nah. I don't need anyone Mac. I'll be fine."

"They won't release you Danny. You have to have someone with you for the next twenty four hours. How about you stay with me?"

"Nah. I'll be fine Mac."

It was at that moment Don walked in.

"How is he Mac?"

"Stubborn. He can't be released till someone takes him home. He's refusing to stay with me."

"I'll take him. Let's go Messer. You can crash at my place."

"I said I'm fine Don. Don't worry bout me."

"I'm not going to argue with you. Now get your coat and let's go."

Don knew the last thing Danny needed was to be alone. Oh he knew he'd be fine with that bump on his head. But it was his emotional side that had Don worried. Helping Danny up, he helped him on with his coat and left.

"Take the next couple days off Danny. I don't want to see you at the lab. Understood?"

"Listen Mac I need to fin......"

"Understood Danny?" He interrupted.

Nodding his head Danny walked out with Don.

"Mac!! I talked with Lindsay's parents. They'd like her body flown back to Montana as soon as possible."

"Okay, I'll arrange it. I think it may be a good idea to send Danny with the body. That way it gives him closer."

"Sure Mac. Are you going to be okay?"

"I'll be fine Stella. We should get back to the lab and see if Adam found anything."

Walking from the Hospital Mac was happy and sad at the same time. He was happy to have Stella back with the team, but sadden that Lindsay had died.

Flack's Apartment.

Opening the door Don noticed Danny was dozing off while standing.

"Wake up Danno. Come on, let's get you settled."

Helping him over to the couch Don lied him down.

"You need anything Danno?"

"Nah. I'm fine man. I just want to sleep."

"Okay. If you need me, just yell."

Once Flack left the room Danny broke down again. God how could this have happened. How could ever get the picture of Lindsay out of his head. He kept seeing her smile just before they were attacked. Everything after that was black.

Listening in the other room Don could hear his sobs. Getting up out of bed he walked into the living room, sat down on the couch and took Danny into his arms.

"Come on man. I know it's hard Danno. Just let it out. No one is here but you and I."

The harder he cried, the tighter Don held him. God how his tears were soaking his shirt. A few minutes later all was quiet. Looking down Don noticed Danny was sleeping. Laying him back down, he covered him and whispered...

"You are going to survive this Danno. I'm going to help you every step of the way."

Heading back to bed, Don clicked off the light.

7. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I loved Danny/Don moments ;)

8. MacsGirlMel

Can we just have Smacked already??? lol

9. MacsLovlyAngl

:lol::lol:Rubs hands together evily. Hmm..how long before we get SMacked:lol::lol:Don't know:p:evil:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Mac and Stella got back to the lab. They headed right to Adam.

"Adam!! Did you find anything on the clothing?"

"Nothing Mac. The only trace and blood belonged to Danny and Lindsay. I'm really sorry boss."

"It's okay Adam. Thanks for trying."

Walking away, Mac headed to his office.

"You think he's going to be alright?"

"He'll be fine Adam. Don't worry."

"It's nice to have you back Stella. I just wish it had been under better terms."

"Thanks Adam. You and me both. I'll see you later."

Stella walked down and seen Mac sitting in his office with his hands between his face.

"You okay Mac?"

"I'm fine Stella. Just a little tired."

Reaching up she touched his shoulder.

"Why don't you head home Mac. Everything's been handle with Lindsay. Get yourself some rest."

"Rest?? How long have you known me Stella. I'm the one who doesn't know how to rest, remember?" He teased.

Smiling she softly caressed his face.

"How about you try. Come on Mac. I'll even walk you home."

Mac grinned.

"You go ahead Stel. I think I'll stay here a bit. I have a few more cases to close before I head home."

Sitting on the edge of his desk she smiled.

"Okay, you win. I'll go get the coffee. You pull out the files and we will work on them together. How's that?"

Smiling he just couldn't tell her no. Sliding off his desk he watched her as she walked from his office. Admiring her gorgeous form as he caressed her up and down with his eyes.

"I feel that Taylor." She laughed as she walked down the hall.

Mac began to think back to Don's earlier words.

"You know what I think Mac? I think you love her."

Shaking his head from such thoughts he grabbed the files they needed and sat them on the table.

Flack's Apartment.

Flack awoke to the sound of movement coming from his living room. Getting out of bed he seen Danny getting dressed.

"Where you think you're going Messer?"

"I just need to see her Don. I need to make sure she's...she's...."

"You were given direct orders to stay away from the lab Danny. How's it going to look if Mac realizes I can't even get you to stay put."

"I'm sorry man. Please understand I need to see her."

Sobbing again, Don gripped him in his arms.

"Okay Danny. Give me a few minutes to get dressed. We'll go down together."

"Thanks man. Thanks."

Heading into his room Don called Mac to give him the heads up on Danny coming in to see Lindsay's body.

10. MacsGirlMel

aw come on, be nice to us!

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ooo this is good I love it :D

Lol at mel :lol:

12. MacsLovlyAngl

When Stella came back with the coffee she found Mac sleeping on the couch. How sweet he looked. Reaching her hand up she caressed his cheek. She wasn't sure why she did it. She just knew it felt right.

Stroking her fingertip across it, she felt his warm hand cover hers as he opened his eyes.

"What are you up to there Stel?"

Blushing she shyly lowered her head. Mac could tell she was nervous about being caught. He could feel it in her pulse.

"I was just waking you. You feel alseep Mac. I told you you should go home."

Mac let the subject drop. He could tell she was embarressed enough.

"As soon as we get these files done."

Taking a sip of coffee, Mac could still feel her caress on his cheek. Funny he thought to himself. She had caressed his cheek several times. But somehow this time it felt different, more meaningful, almost loving.

Shaking himself from his thoughts again, he reached for a file.

*Ring,ring*

"Taylor."

"Hey Mac. I've tried my best to keep Danny here. But he's determined to see Lindsay. I really don't think I can stop him this time."

"Okay Don. That's fine. Bring him down. We'll be waiting."

When Don arrived with Danny the first thing he noticed was how pale and tired Danny looked.

"You are stubborn Danny. I told you to stay put. You need rest, and time to heal."

"I'll rest after I see Lindsay. I just need to see her for myself Mac."

He understood that. But he could also tell Danny wasn't well enough to even stand.

"Let's go. I'll take you down."

As they entered Sid was waiting with Lindsay.

"We'll leave you alone Danny."

"Thanks Sid. I appreciate it."

Leaving Danny to say good bye. Sid headed upstairs with Mac.

"Think he'll be okay Mac?"

"I think so. It's going to take time. He's strong though. he'll get through it. especially with the help of our family."

Sid smiled he knew what had meant by that comment.

"Hi Stella."

"Hi Sid. would you like a coffee or something? I can still catch Don. He just went down to get one."

"No I'm fine. Thanks though. If I may say it's great to have you back. I'm just sorry it had to be under these circumstances."

"I know Sid. I really do. It's going to seem different around here without Lindsay."

Leaving Stella talking with Sid. Mac went back to his files. Opening one he couldn't seem to concentrate. The only thing on his mind was that caress that still burned on his cheek.

"Air. Air is what I need." He said to himself.

Getting up he left his office and walked outside.

"Where you going Mac?"

"I'll be back Stella. I just need some air."

"He's just upset and worried about Danny. He'll be fine Stella. He's just being Mac."

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess."

A short time later Danny came back up. Walking into Mac's office he sat down.

"Now will you go home and rest?"

"Yeah. Sure Mac. Where's Don?"

"He's here. I'll page him for you."

"You called Mac?"

"Danny's ready to go back to your place now. Try and keep him there please."

"Sure. Let's go Danno. No more walks tonight."

Helping him up, he wrapped his arm around his waist and led him to the car.

13. MacsGirlMel

*is impatient lol* more more!

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^^hehe
    I cant wait to see how this plays out ;)

15. MacsLovlyAngl

Closing up the last file Mac noticed it was three in the morning.

"That's it Stel. Come on I'll take you home."

Standing Stella felt the stiffness in her legs. Stretching her arms in the air, Mac watched in fevered passion. God she was like a Goddess. "Snap out of it Taylor."

"Okay Mac, I'm ready."

Walking out from his office, he flicked off the light.

"Why don't you take the morning off Stella?"

"No. I'll be fine Mac. I can handle it." She smiled sweetly.

As they neared her apartment she reached for her keys. Unlocking the door she turned....

"Well. This is me Mac. Thanks for walking me home. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay Stel. Goodnight."

Closing the door she breathed a sigh. "Oh God. Settle down heart." For the last few weeks Mac had been playing on her mind at night. The dreams she had of him were so vivid, so real. She could taste him, the scent, the aura of his kiss, his stroke, his warm breath. "Damn it Stella, stop."

Heading into the bathroom she turned on the shower to near cold. Dropping her clothes she climbed in. Allowing the chill of the water to wash away any remaining thoughts of him from her mind. Or so she thought.

When Mac arrived at home, he dropped his keys on the table and started a pot of coffee. He knew he was to wired to sleep. Closing his eyes for the briefest of moments he seen her. Seen her body stretch as her little shirt raised above her waist showing her belly button, her flattened tummy.

Oh the thoughts, as he could see her playing within his mind. Opening his eyes he headed to the bathroom and turned on the shower. The only thing he knew was he had to get her off his mind and fast. She was his co-worker, his best friend. There was no way in hell he would cross that line.

Dropping his shirt to the ground, the phone rang.

"Taylor."

"Hey Mac."

"Don?? What's the matter?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to let you know that Danny has finally settled down. I gave him two of his tranqs, he's out."

"Good. He needs it. How is he mentally?"

"I'm not sure. He's still emotional. But I think he's going to be fine. Though I'm begining to think it may be a good idea not to send him to Montana with Lindsay's body. I think it would be to much on him. Especially to face her family."

"Yeah. I've been thinking about that myself. Okay. I'll cancel the flight for him, let him sleep in the morning. Try not to wake him unless you have to."

"Okay Mac. I'll talk to you sometime tomorrow."

Hanging up the phone Mac dropped the rest of his clothes and stepped into the shower. Feeling the water spray across his skin he closed his eyes, and felt her, smelled her. Each and every drop that touched his skin caused it to shiver. Like a fingertip caress from her delicate hands.

So lost in her now. He could feel his body begin to heat in pleasure, in desires that had long been forgotten. Losing himself deeper within his thoughts he could feel his soul seperate, his spirit begin to soar. God the passion was too much, as he smacked his hands against the shower wall.

Opening his eyes he swore under his breath..."Christ sakes, this has got to stop." Stepping out of the shower, he dried himself off, slipped into his sweats, and collapsed on his bed. His last thought being....Stella.