CSI: NY Bloody Murder/Blood OnThe Sun books

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by FLACK_ATTACK, Jan 28, 2006.

1. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

I think "bloody murder" will be released February 25th, 2006. Does anyone have confirmation as to when "Blood on the sun" will released?

by the way, CSI:NY fans, if you haven't read "dead of winter" it is amazing!

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: CSI: NY BLOODY MURDER/BLOOD ON THE SUN BOOKS

"Bloody Murder" has been out since October 2005. :D

3. FLACK_ATTACK

FLACK_ATTACK Prime Suspect

really? I live in Canada and I have been hearing that it (bloody murder) will be released February 2006. Unless Bloody murder, is being put into novel format and not comic book form. And it is the novel format that is being released February 2006?

I don't have a clue.

4. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

"Blood on the sun " will be out in late March sometimes in the U.S.

5. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Are you sure Bloody Murder is a CSI:NY book?? Because I was just at the bookstore yesterday asking about CSI:NY books and the only ones their computer showed listed were "Dead of Winter" and "Blood on the Sun' (with an April release date).

6. WolfeSanders

WolfeSanders CSI Level One

I think it may be a comic book.

I have Dead of Winter and I am really hoping to get Blood on the Sun when it comes out.

7. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Is there an exact release date for "Blood on the Sun" yet? All I keep hearing is "April" but, considering it's almost the end of March, I think they'd have a specific date by now.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

^You're not the only one, IslandGirl. According to Amazon, the comic is supposed to be released tomorrow, March 28th.

The cost is $7.99 and here is a short synopsis of the book:

Detective Mac Taylor is a dedicated crime scene investigator who believes that everything is connected and everyone has a story. He and Detective Stella Bonasera lead a team of crack forensic experts through the gritty and kinetic world of New York City as they piece together clues and eliminate doubt to ultimately crack their cases.

A modest home in a suburban Queens neighborhood is the unlikely site of a grisly crime scene: a married couple and their daughter are found brutally murdered. Missing from the scene is the couple's young son, and Mac Taylor and Danny Messer soon uncover signs of a possible kidnapping. Can they find him before it's too late?

In a heavily Orthodox Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn, the body of a devoutly religious man is found ritually displayed on the floor of his synagogue. Stella Bonasera and Aiden Burn initially suspect a fringe fundamentalist group that has had run-ins with the victim's congregation, but the group is led by a charismatic and antagonistic man who does everything he can to stonewall the team's investigation.

Two very different crimes, with one thing in common: CSI investigators who won't stop until they uncover the truth.

For more details on the book, as well as the prologue for the story, visit CSI NY 'Blood on the Sun' - Amazon Page.

9. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

What do you mean by "comic"? This is a regular novel from Pocket Star books, not one of the graphic novels.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I meant book. I was reading a CSI comic while typing that. :lol:

11. tuesdaymorning

tuesdaymorning Judge

Okay, I finished Blood On The Sun and I thought it was alright. SPOILERS BELOW ABOUT THE BOOK.
    Poor Flack. Never seems to be able to go through a book without getting injured.

Um, Danny's father is a cop? So was his Grandfather? Woah. Okay, not what I was expecting. I always believed that Danny's side of the family was on the wrong line of the police. Tanglewood for example so I'm not quite sure how this may play in the episodes. That's if the book links together with the episodes.

This book seems to be really heavy on the Mac/Jane parts. Not my cup of tea therefore I thought the ending was horrible. Can't help it. Just thought it was real bad.

But this was one alright. Not the best but it was okay. Still liked Bloody Murder better though.

12. Khanada

Khanada CSI Level Two

Not what I was expecting either. I think the author's mixing up both Don Flack and Carmine's history with Danny Messer's. Overall, I'd give it a B.

Oh, and I found two typos in the novel. :lol:

13. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I'm about a quater of the way done with this book and I'm finding it very creepy... and a lot better than the first book(in my opinion anyway).

SPOILERS?!?!

But I think the whole Danny being so stressed out is kind of weird because you don't see that during the show. But I really do like it. The whole Stella has a stalker storyline is very interesting too.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Can someone spoil me on the last page thing? I've heard comments from some fans about not liking something about Mac and Stella's ending on the last page.

I haven't gotten it yet but did get Bloody Murder today. The whole thing appealed to me anyway, since I'm such a big Buffy fan. I absolutely LOVE the artwork, they were dead-on with most of the characters. It has a much different feel than some other comics I've read, like Buffy and Angel...they were definately going for more realism since it's a more realistic show at least compared to the others I mentioned.

15. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

Wow these sound so cool. Do you get them from Amazon? Do they sell in shops? How much are they? i know a lot of qs but I had never heard of the books till now!!!