CSI: New York--'Sweet 16'

Oh, Rosalind Shays. I remember watching that episode and being so *shocked* by her getting killed off like that. Then the same actress showed up on STTNG and I didn't like her Dr. Pulaski either! :lol:

Least likeable character...

But I like Lindsay...

...is that wrong?

No, of course it's not wrong. :rolleyes: But Lindsay's got nothing on some of those historically hated TV characters who, even at their least likeable, were at least interesting to watch. There was always some compelling reason to hate them and they were completely unapologetic about it.

Thanks, vegaslights! :)

I actually liked Diana Muldaur as Dr. Pulaski on TNG. I really liked her dynamic with Picard. But I liked Crusher, too...

As for Lindsay being likable or not, that's all a matter of opinion. I realize some disagree with me on that issue. I've tried to like the character, but I've only found her to be even tolerable in maybe 3 episodes, which is not a lot. I think she's poorly conceived and poorly portrayed. I didn't bring this up in my review, but I wasn't at all convinced she'd just been bitten by a snake when she yelled, "Owwww." She barely reacted! It's things like that that just stick out and make me wince.

imaguestage said:
Top41 said:
I know it was a tiny nitpick but the journalist in me gets driven crazy by misquotes from anyone. I still understood what you were saying and where you were coming from.

I figured someone was going to eventually call you on it and better it come right after a positive comment. Keep up the great work.

Thank you. :)

On the note of cars, I just thought I'd throw it out there that being given a car when you get your license (16 or 17 depending where you are) is pretty common for country kids. I grew up in the middle of no where, I'm talking a 15 minute drive to the store, 30 minutes to school, etc.

I guess that's a regional thing perhaps. I grew up in a pretty affluent area and plenty of people got cars, but plenty didn't. I figure if you got a car period, you didn't have a lot of room to complain. :lol:

All of my friends and myself were given used cars when we got our licenses. It was just easier for our parents to spend $500 to get some beat up old clunker than to keep driving us everywhere. Plus, I became the taxi driver to my younger siblings, which made my parents very, very happy.
:rolleyes:

I guess that's an investment in that case, at least for your parents! :lol:

Back