CSI: Miami would do a lot better off if it was on Sundays at 9 PM EST

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Hardline Pro, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Since it’s premiere, CSI: Miami has been airing at a 10 PM timeslot, if CBS wants to improve this shows ratings, I think it should be moved. On Mondays, it was okay because it wasn’t facing delays and other problems. If CSI: Miami was moved to 9 PM, it would get better ratings and more viewers. During Season 9, two episodes aired at 8 PM and those brought the highest audience this season, 11.99 million viewers.

CSI: NY and Vegas have a 9 PM timeslot, so it is only fair that CSI: Miami has one as well. Face the facts, all the NEW CBS dramas (Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, The Defenders, Suspect Behavior) this year are not big hits, they don’t have bad ratings but they aren’t as popular as CSI was when it first premiered. In fact, The Defenders and Suspect Behavior are two of CBS’ LEAST VIEWED SHOWS.

As of right now CSI: Miami is averaging 10.54 million viewers, CSI: NY is averaging 10.10 million, and CSI: Vegas is averaging 13.89 million.

Now I am not trying to insult any fans of Undercover Boss, but lets face it, that show is about as fake as they get. I am not a fan of reality TV, but this is just over the top fake. CSI: Miami should replace it in its slot.

CSI: Miami is not doing that bad, it is out-performing CSI: NY, Blue Bloods, and The Good Wife in the ratings and overall viewership. I still think the show is strong and could stick around for possibly another 3 to 4 seasons if CBS is willing to change.

I am about 85% sure that all 3 CSI shows will be renewed for AT LEAST one more season. Lets go out with a bang. If CBS really wants to improve CSI: Miami’s ratings, it needs to be moved to Sundays at 9, this would be the best move if not back to Mondays. This way, it will not be affected as much by delays.

On a side note, when all the 3 CSI shows come to an end, as all shows must, I guarantee CBS will never have a TV show franchise that is as hugely popular as the CSI franchise was, ever again. The CSI franchise has been hugely popular and has made a huge impact on pop culture, something many other shows do not do.

Discuss.

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Re: CSI: Miami would do a lot better off if it was on Sundays at 9 PM

I am with you. CBS needs to wake up to the fact that 10 p.m. is not a viable hour anymore. It would be better to put the cheap reality shows in the late timeslot because they would still get a decent return on their investment. The expensive shows like CSIM should be in the 9 p.m timeslot. If the violence, language, or sex is a factor, I don't agree because in my opinion CSI:LV is the darkest and most offensive to the senses than the other two and they are on at 9 p.m. There have been times when I had to close my eyes watching LV because it was so graphic and gross. I have not had to do that with Miami.

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree that CSI Miami would probably do a little better in another time slot. However, it was my understanding that the motiviation behind CBS moving them to Sunday nights was not only to clear their Monday time-slot for Hawaii Five-O, but they wanted a show that could turn in decent ratings in that dead zone time-slot.

And CSI Miami IS turning in very decent ratings for the time slot and all the push back they've gotten due to sports. There aren't may shows that could still be breathing after all the jerking around this show has suffered.

So in the end CBS was right. Moving CSI Miami to the death time slot improved the network ratings big time for Sunday nights at 9 (central time). From their perspective CSI Miami solved their ratings problem in that time period.

I'd like to see Miami in an earlier time, but I just don't think it's going to happen. CSI Miami is going into it's 10th season. The age factor just doesn't jusify the network giving them preferential treatment. While it's always been a money making, ratings winner for CBS, they need to start looking at fresh new shows and get ready for the CSIs to end their run.

The new shows require the choice time slots to find their next hits.

4. meganhyman

meganhyman Victim

i think it would be better on mondays again more people could watch it

5. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie