CSI:Miami S5 on DVD

Special Features and Details have been released by CBS for the DVD:

Pre Order Now
Available 10/30/07
Lead Criminalist Horatio Caine (David Caruso) is targeted by adversaries old and new in the fifth season of CSI: Miami.. As the danger grows for Caine he and the rest of his team: Calliegh (Emily Procter), Eric (Adam Rodriguez), Alexx (Khandi Alexander), Ryan Jonathan Togo), Frank (Rex Linn), and Natalia (Eva La Rue), must go the limit to solve their biggest cases yet.

Check out the special features of CSI: Miami Season 5:

# Rio Grand: CSI: Miami Goes To Rio
# If Looks Could Kill: Special F/X Makeup
# Turning Up The Heat: The Look of CSI: Miami
# Dressing The Part
# The Real MDPD with Jonathan Togo
# Audio Commentaries on 5 episodes:
- Episode 501 "Rio" Commentary W/Sam Hill, Sunil Nayar, Brian O'neill
- Episode 503 "Death Pool 100" Commentary W/ Sam Hill, Adam Rodriguez, Carey Meyer
- Episode 505 "Death Emotion Eminent" Commentary W/Sam Jonathan Togo, Corey Miller, Larry Detwiler
- Episode 507 "Darkroom" Commentary W/Sam Eva Larue & John Haynes
- Episode 515 "Man Down" Commentary W/Sam Gonzalo Menendez, Karen Gaviola

It's nice to see that the cast is finally doing commentaries. But the extras really suck. :(

^ Oh I see even our guy Clavo Cruz will be contributing to one of the commentaries.

While I see some different types of extras here than in the other box sets (MDPD with Jonathan Togo, the look of CSI:Miami, etc) I have a feeling this...Just isn't what the fans want.

I'm a bit disappointed in these extras. Come on people. :rolleyes: Give us some behind the scenes, some bloopers, some deleted scenes, cast interviews, dailies from filimg, how the opening sequence was created and how it's changed over five years, the choice of music in the show - not instrumentals, alternate episode endings, etc. Please not a section on 'dressing the part'. I don't care about their wardrobe selections. They suck, what's to explain?

I don't know CalleighD, but season 4 part 2 was only released in the UK last month, so it'll most likely be a while yet. :( I would guess it'll be late spring/summer 2008.

We get everything last :( haha as long as it's out before next autumn I can get people to buy it as my leaving present for uni!

I was kind of disappointed in the DVD. :( The special features were boring (give us some bloopers!) and I felt the audio commentaries weren't all they could be. It seems every DVD set we only get commentaries for the first half of the season, and not the second half, which in my opinion, I would like it to be balanced out getting an equal amount of commentary for each half.

Jonathan Togo's commentary while OK, made me feel claustrophobic. When someone else would talk, Jon would start talking, so he would run over their sentence. He was funny at times, which was nice to see.

I do have to say Eva LaRue's commentary was the best. It was satisfying hearing all about her real life tragedy on her and her sister. She discussed how she was contacted about the case, and how CSI: Miami made it into a storyline, and how it was kind of weird seeing publicity from a sad thing.

If you're a "diehard" Miami fan, then you should get the DVD. If not, you're not missing out on much.

According to Amazon.co.uk there are 2 dates, vol1 is out june 30 2008 and the complete is October 27 2008. Hope this helps

Back