CSI: Miami-'Out Of Time'

CSI Files

Captain
Synopsis:picking up where the seventh season finale “Seeing Red” left off, Horatio Caine and Calleigh Duquesne discover a badly wounded Eric Delko collapsed by a road in the Everglades. They rush him to the hospital, where Alexx Woods takes over in a desperate attempt to save Delko’s life. The story flashes back to 1997, when [...]

More...

Great review, as always. :) And now we can get back into the swing of things with the new season underway. ;) (I hope you're ready for three reviews a week! :p)

Overall, I enjoyed the episode - I already like Jesse. :) There were moments I didn't like, but then Miami isn't my favorite show and I didn't expect to like everything. ;) As an episode of Miami, I thought it was good. :p

I did think there were a few things that didn't get enough explanation - like exactly what happened to Eric in the present, but maybe that's something they'll explain a bit more in the next few episodes. And the thing with the single drop of blood was kind of iffy, but that's a typical problem the franchise has. I was also disappointed that some of the characters didn't get much focus in the past. It wouldn't have really worked otherwise, but it was still a bit disappointing.

I gotta say, I wish I hadn't read spoilers. I was looking forward to stuff that never made it to the final episode (like Ryan's appearance and the bit where Frank had, I believe, a comb-over :lol:).

Overall, I'll be interested to see how things play out for the rest of the season, particularly involving Eric's departure and Jesse's addition to the team. :)

I've recently discovered that I can comment your reviews so here I am ;)

Good as always, Kristine.

I loved to see old H&Calleigh back. They were the reason I started watching the show and the actors really did a good job bringing their spirit back. If only they could continue to be that way in 2009...

Calleigh was full of energy and bubbliness (is that a word?), which seems to have bother some people judging by the comments on the episode thread, but that's how I remembered her from "Cross-jurisdictions" and the first half of season 1. She was, in the words of Speed, way too cheerful and that's something I miss a lot.

I think that the writers and Emily chose to overemphasize how happy and enthusiastic was '97 Calleigh, so the audience would understand how the character felt in present day. I just hope Calleigh has something else to do this season than to cry over Eric.

I don't know how I feel about Jesse, he didn't interest me, so time will tell. One thing I didn't like is that he had too much screentime for an episode focused on how the team met.
I would have been enough with just the blood spatter scene to establish his character and his style, because we had already seen his interactions with Horatio in the office and what was their relationship and at the end we had another scene between them, so it's fair to say that he was properly introduced. Overall, too much Jesse and too little Tripp and Natalia in '97. The audience will have enough time to know Jesse, it felt a little too much in this episode.

Back